Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wasteland

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released 1988

A post-apocalyptic RPG taking place in the Southwest United States shortly after the end of WWIII, the player took on the role of a group of Desert Rangers defending the last of humanity as they investigated mysterious disturbances within the desert and the surrounding ruins such as Las Vegas.

Wasteland 2 - inXile is about to start a Kickstarter

Hass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hass

Some of you may think, what the!? Shortly before your mind explodes like a blood sausage.

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

Kickstarter in now live: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2?ref=live

But true enough, they're putting the band back together.

All of the core team of 1988's Wasteland (St Andre, Fargo, Michael Stackpole and Alan Pavlish) will be working on Wasteland 2.

Mark Morgan, of Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Planescape Torment fame will be responsible for the soundtrack.

Hired as concept artist is the impressive Andree Wallin.

The Escapisthas a interesting small article up.

What do you think? An actual oldschool crpg. I am excited.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

Good luck with that.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BlackLagoon

I'd love to support it, though I lack a suitable PC to play it on. :/

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm going to support this.

spacegandhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By spacegandhi

Though I've never played the original Wasteland, or Fallout 1 or 2, I just backed this project. But now I'd really like to go back and play the original Wasteland to get a feel for why it is such an apparently important game in the Western RPG scene. Is there any way I can legally acquire a copy of this game? I have already checked GoG.com, but because the original licencing rights are tied up between companies it would seem there is no easily available digital version of the game.

Anyone know how I can get a copy of Wasteland? And once again, I'd like it to be legal. I've already found torrents for it. But I'd rather not pirate...yar...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.