Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

Battlefront trailer drops now! panel live

• 65 results
    Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As a Battlefield and Battlefront fan I am very excited for this. I look forward to more details.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By HH

@hayt: awesome. the first battlefront is my 2nd favorite game of all time and so far this is doing everything right. being able to play in third person is great news.

also i love that there seems to be no story in single player, with Abrams and co working their asses off to revive the franchise the last thing we need is a developer trying their hand at some arbitrary drama on the side, which will ultimately only clog up the game's replayability and variance in battle, two of the series' strengths.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh and in first person you can aim down sights. Confirmed by http://t.co/XCTbMRd56f. I'd love to update the wiki but mobile editting is verboten.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt said:

Oh and in first person you can aim down sights. Confirmed by http://t.co/XCTbMRd56f. I'd love to update the wiki but mobile editting is verboten.

More like, you have to aim down sights. Like in almost every other modern shooter. It makes little sense in a first person game if you think about it. I heard that the third person mode will be over the shoulder, so you probably have to arbitrarily hold an aim button before you can shoot.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By theveej

hot scoops, expect the player count to be more than 40 on PC....

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks good. I probably should have expected this, but since that first DLC pack is a pre-order bonus this is probably gonna be the Battlefield style of DLC right? Man that's lame.

Also space battles are fucking stupid.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theveej said:

I hope you are right. 40 players was fiercely disappointing. "Next gen" consoles slowing us down already?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

In keeping with Star Wars lore, using guns means you'll never actually hit anything you're aiming at, ever.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

preorder now available, guys. super important that you preorder now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@theveej said:

I hope you are right. 40 players was fiercely disappointing. "Next gen" consoles slowing us down already?

I wouldn't expect that.

Look at ever shooter that is on PC and consoles. How often do PC skus feature more players? Very rarely.

It's a design problem. If you make a map for 40 players having 60 there will turn it to a garbage map. Vice versa applies. A map for 60 players with 40 on it is also garbage. It is impossible to design 1 size fits all. And as far as I know, there are no developers creating modular maps which can expand and contract at the same time as being actually fun in every variation. Map balance is a nightmare already. Unless you are suggesting they also make exclusive PC maps which seems like a huge sinkhole of money, considering the console versions will undoubtedly outsell the PC versions.

Either way it being console driven is incorrect and irrelevant. MAG is a PS3 game from 5 years ago. It can have 256 players. It is also wild garbage. Even on PC we have very few large number games and, again, the vast majority of them suck.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow that does look tasty.no way it will look that good?.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Really glad to see third-person is in. That's pretty much the only way I played these games. Also, the rebels have a jet trooper! Clone jet trooper was my go-to in the first game.

Not a fan of controllable heroes though. I liked them in Battlefront 1 where they were almost unstoppable AI. Flying around Dooku on Bespin and using grenades to toss him off and kill him was so much goddamn fun. But in Battlefront 2 when the game started being all "hey bro, you wanna give Darth Vader a spin for a bit?" it just got silly. Battlefront is about being a grunt in a big Star Wars battle, not flying around actually playing as Boba Fett or whatever. Hopefully you can turn that stuff off. Even better if you can make them AI controlled.

No space battles isn't a huge thing either. It'd be cool to have, but I always liked dogfighting on planets more. You can eject and continue fighting on foot, you can try and sneak behind enemy lines, you could get to a good sniper spot. Man... I think I'm gonna go play some Battlefront 1.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No prequel bullshit? Much rejoicing.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I read about this thing the more it sounds quite unique. Neither totally like Battlefront of old or like Battlefield. I'd really like it see it with a hud and such.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@hayt said:

The more I read about this thing the more it sounds quite unique. Neither totally like Battlefront of old or like Battlefield. I'd really like it see it with a hud and such.

Yeah agreed, which is probably a cool way to go. I honestly would have been pretty damn happy with a pretty direct Battlefield Star Wars but this is interesting. They could do some cool things with modes so I'm interested to see more of that.

I just hope the heroes are handled well. That's one thing I was hoping wouldn't be in but maybe they are handled in a way that I like more here.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: zyesh I'm not against heroes 100% but I worry they steal spotlight in what is meant to be a team game. That said it seems there will be options.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.