Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

The Lost & Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony are collected onto this standalone disc of Grand Theft Auto IV's post-release content.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BOMBCAST

• 64 results
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Griddler

Too late.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Milkman
    @Mordukai said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " Ryan hated on The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Ryan loved Rabbids Go Home.

Obviously, Ryan is a raging Wii fanboy and is only hating on TBOGT because of that.

"
    Not to mention that all the guys are avid 360 fanboys. The stupidity never ends. I don't know why some people these days can't make up thier own damn minds.   Ryan didn't like it...ohh nooo! the world is crushing.  "
    And you're just as dumb as them. Well done.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By jakob187
    @PantyshotMQN said:
    " @wolf_blitzer85: You're right. I blame Uwe for doing this to Ryan. "
    Quoted for truth.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Rhaknar

i cant remember a game i wanted to like but couldnt as much as GTA4, mainly for gameplay reasons. and unlike the guys saying that "its bad because other games do it so much better now like uncharted 2", i thought it was terrible from the start. I believe (i havent played it in ages) that im still stuck on a mission where nico goes to some sort of crack house full of gangsters, which is a pain, and then on part 2 of the mission, a ton of cops come, and its night time so its even harder to see whats going on (the game is really dark at times)... anyway, i got stuck on that mission and just gave up on the game, because every time I failed I had to drive back to the place and do it all over again. even tho i LOVE the cutscenes, story and voice acting, I just couldnt play anymore. Just today I thought about trying it again but...man...

and for the story and voice acting and whatnot is why I wanted to get Lost & Damned, and why I want to get Gay tony (the retail disc is a nice deal tbh)...but then Im sure ill just get frustrated with the gameplay again (even tho I heard lost and now tony both have much better mid-mission checkpoints?).

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By mordukai
    @Milkman said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " Ryan hated on The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Ryan loved Rabbids Go Home.

Obviously, Ryan is a raging Wii fanboy and is only hating on TBOGT because of that.

"
    Not to mention that all the guys are avid 360 fanboys. The stupidity never ends. I don't know why some people these days can't make up thier own damn minds.   Ryan didn't like it...ohh nooo! the world is crushing.  "
    And you're just as dumb as them. Well done. "
    Obviously we are not too familiar with the concept of sarcasm. 
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By MysteriousBob

I disagree with half of Jeff's reviews. However I'm not going to run off and hide from anything involving his opinion in the future just because I disagree.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By PerryVandell
    @brainboy77:  Yes, we should all stop listening to the giant bombcast because someone has an opinion different than your own on it. That's some sound logic you have there.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I beat the game last night, and I do think Ryan may have been a bit harsh, but I can see where he's coming from. I am disappointed with it, and it's definitely showing it's age. While I did enjoy the game overall, the controls are feeling pretty clunky these days and took a little time to get readjusted to. 

The new characters feel mainly uninspired. Mori is freaking awful. I can't imagine a worse character. He's like Brucie times ten, but way less funny and interesting. He's so bad I feel like he brought down the awesomeness of GTAIV's own story at points. I hate how Brucie seemed like such a depressing little punk whenever he was around. Not only was Mori incredibly annoying, but he also reduced Brucie's awesomeness whenever he was with him. And dude, that straight up won't fly, bro! That's just not alpha! Yusuf was okay, but basically Yusuf is pretty much exactly a rich version of Roman. It bothers me that they lacked more originality. I did like the whole Celebrinator/Perez Hilton joke they had going on, however. Luis was a decent character, but I feel he lacked some depth. Also, for the game being named after Gay Tony, I felt like most of the stuff he had going on really didn't have much importance at all. He just seemed so small time throughout the game. The tie-ins to the other GTAIV characters didn't play out as good as expected. In the end, I was really more impressed with The Lost and the Damned, actually. Perhaps with The Ballad, GTAIV has just finally out-stayed it's welcome.

Jinto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Jinto
    @wolf_blitzer85: 

Agreed. Ryan has that pessimistic gamer mentality about a lot of games.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By PureRok
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Opinions are opinions and nothing can change that. "
    That's your opinion. :P
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By JJOR64
    @PureRok said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " Opinions are opinions and nothing can change that. "
    That's your opinion. :P "
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RsistncE

I agree with Ryan in that GTAIV's shitty gameplay can no longer be overlooked. It sucked before and it sucks even harder now. If I want to watch a crime drama I'll go rent The Departed or Training Day. If a game plays like ass then it's failed as a game as far as I'm concerned.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By TheHT

Hell naw, listen to the podcast. It's a good time. Oh about the game, I can't imagine anyone would really be on the fence about something GTA related. You're either into it or aren't.

junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By junkie

didn't agee with alot of the bombcast but the game is spoilt by bad writing.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.