How to Subscribe to a Premium Podcast

supernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@wcarle: was this updated? I still can't find the API key when I search for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cf22b4b1001
deactivated-62cf22b4b1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This is what Pocket Casts is giving me. The "Show is on a break or finished" seems weird.

Uggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Uggernaut

Thanks guys!! Worked Well.

mkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @rorie, my podcast app stopped grabbing the latest premium episode. I checked the site and think that I changed my password. So I tried re-adding the feed to my app (Overcast). It gets stuck in a loop of asking me to enter my password and never accepting it.

mkanderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

paleowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually really curious about this but I have grown to love the ads and how the staff do them. Is there any audio that is premium only?

skryerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By skryerx

Looks like premium feeds are not working on the web versions of Overcast and Pocketcasts. Any suggestions?

Edit: This only effects Firefox for what ever reason, so back to chrome I go!

bstnrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By bstnrich

@skryerx: I had issues the other day with the premiums podcasts on my iPhone (Podcast app).

It was asking for my credentials, but it wouldn’t take them. Performed a password reset as a sanity check and still didn’t work.

At that point, I thought maybe removing them from my library and readding may resolve my issue. However, once I removed them - I couldn’t find the premium version on the Podcast app.

I submitted a ticket to GB support and they said “Sorry, we don’t support third-party apps. Try the forums.”

So, I made a post the other day and haven’t got a response yet. I’m here now because I was going to check to see if anyone had a suggestion and I found this thread before.

Still not sure what the cause is, but having support more or less hand-wave me to the forums where I didn’t get any response is really deflating.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/giant-bombcastbeastcast-premium-ios-1881636/

eekim1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently re-subscribed to Premium during this most recent sale and I'm trying to get access to the recent Hotspot episodes on the premium feed on Pocketcasts. I am able to re-subscribe to the feed but the feed itself won't show any of the new episodes that are available since I last had premium last year. Anyone know how I can get the feed to refresh and show the latest episodes?

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm way back in 2010 for GB Podcasts, I know I know. When I catch up and hit the premium ones, (I'm a subscriber) is it worth it? Is the audio quality that much different?

TalonLardner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@eekim1988: I am having the same problem as you. I tried using the feeds from the page with the big list of them, but they just bring up an error, while the feeds on the individual pages bring up old podcasts and won't pull in new ones.

eekim1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@talonlardner: I actually had to email Pocketcast support. They reset the links for me somehow and now I can the new podcasts.

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey ya'll, I am trying to subscribe to the Hotspot podcast and I am following the steps mentioned but cannot find any url similar to what is described. Nothing is labeled "podcast-xml" and any url I attempt to put into itunes does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I (probably to my detriment) use the Google podcasts app. Up until the most recent update I was subscribed to Giant Bomb Premium Podcasts (hotspot etc) it has seemingly disappeared off of the service. I can't find it in a search etc. I also don't believe this app allows for me to enter an RSS? Has anyone ran into this or can someone check to see if the premium podcasts are still feeding to google podcasts? Thanks!

hollerphonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suck at this lol i am trying to put this into podcast addict and im not sure what im looking for specifically. When i copy the line with the api code the app comes back with an error. Any help please?

LunarBeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently re-subscribed to Premium during this most recent sale and I'm trying to get access to the recent Hotspot episodes on the premium feed on Pocketcasts. I am able to re-subscribe to the feed but the feed itself won't show any of the new episodes that are available since I last had premium last year. Anyone know how I can get the feed to refresh and show the latest episodes?

Anyone found a way to fix this? Just resubscribed and having this exact problem.

eekim1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eekim1988 said:

Anyone found a way to fix this? Just resubscribed and having this exact problem.

@lunarbeing:I actually had to email PocketCasts support and they refreshed the link on their end and fixed the problem.

friedram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you- this was super helpful. I kept on the old version until today, but the additional advertisements started to drive me bonkers (I don't mind the Jeff Gerstman advertisements, but the others, ug.)

zoophagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's absurd that it works this way. That I had to come here to figure out how to even find the RSS feed.

Why can't I add it to my podcast app via QR code? CBBW works this way. What's the deal.