How to Subscribe to a Premium Podcast

ali_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I've started using Pocket Casts on my new Samsung phone (after using an iPhone for years). I can't manually add an RSS feed but I can import an OPML file. Anyone know how I can do that for the premium podcasts?

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By wcarle

@ali_d: To manually add a feed into pocket casts just paste the podcast url (to the RSS feed) into the search box

saomai99992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By saomai99992

Great Job.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

For me it doesn't seem to work in PocketCast. Pasted the RSS URL and it can't find anything. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By Kazona

Nevermind. Just tried it again and now it does work. No clue why it wouldn't before but I'm just glad it does now.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great and so much more simpler thank you!

MeAuntieNora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah it's a little bit wonky for me. It'll repeatedly give me a message about being unable to add this podcast, then I'll try 5 minutes later and it adds it instantly, no problem. Once they're added, it's very convenient and comfortable, so it's worth a little bit of trouble, but to me this gives me more issues than even the Archaic Method.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Decided to finally switch over to an ad free version of the podcasts. My old iphone had no trouble adding the premium casts in method described. Thanks for all the hard work y'all!

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way to get the episodes prior to the premium feed starting into a single feed? I like to hold onto and occasionally listen to older episodes and having two separate feeds to manage is a little annoying. A minor problem but just curious if there was some way to unify the older eps.

tompurcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: since the update I have been unable to play the premium podcasts through Sonos.

PocketCasts allows you to listen to podcasts directly through Sonos and before the new method this worked perfectly.

Since the change however the Bombast/Beastcast are the only podcasts that no longer work through Sonos. The error message is as follows:

Unable to play Bombcast - the connection to PocketCasts was lost.

I do not get this message with any other podcast i subscribe to so not sure what else could be causing it.

DaleKaleD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By DaleKaleD

So, I updated Itunes on my windows PC (yes I know it's a horrible piece of software, but I like still having a dedicated music player with my Ipod Nano), and it threw an error on both the premium podcast feeds that I had been using successfully.

I deleted them and tried re-entering them in, but it seems like it's not liking the current rss feed info.

Is this a me thing? always a possibility, or did they change something in the new Itunes that doesn't now like how it's formatted?

<ok quick update, I guess Itunes didn't like that there wasn't an active item, so after a day or so, and once it re-polled the server and they popped up, so issue resolved.>

ali_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've got a weird problem; I had to let my premium subscription lapse at the end of last year, as I was struggling for money. I've now re-subscribed but my podcast feed won't show any new episodes from when my original subscription ended.

Anyone know the solution?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@ali_d said:

So I've got a weird problem; I had to let my premium subscription lapse at the end of last year, as I was struggling for money. I've now re-subscribed but my podcast feed won't show any new episodes from when my original subscription ended.

Anyone know the solution?

Have you tried re-subscribing using the links on the RSS page? If that doesn't work email me at support; you may need to reset your API key or something.

ali_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ali_d

@rorie: Yeah, I've tried subscribing with Pocketcasts, on my phone and also on their desktop app. Both times it just shows me the last episode on November 7th. This is the same with the Bombcast and the Beastcast.

I'll shoot you an email. Thanks.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know a way to add premium podcasts to Spotify? I like being able to listen to podcasts on my PS4 without losing game audio and continue where I left off on my phone.