Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Now Mass Effect Costumes are DLC for FF XIII-2.

• 63 results
    TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TepidShark

Falling in the footsteps of the strange inclusion of an Assassin's Creed costume, Mass Effect 3 is now the next game to come as costume DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Source.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Awesome.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Whaaaaaaat is going on?

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dyong

Oh boy! Purely cosmetic changes to my favourite characters! For free, yes??

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By JasonR86

I went to the source and saw one of the main characters in a bikini. What does that have to do with ME 3?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

eww

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FunExplosions

@JasonR86 said:

I went to the source and saw one of the main characters in a bikini. What does that have to do with ME 3?

I assume we were supposed to read some of that. But effffff that

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrockNRolla

Gross.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JasonR86

@FunExplosions said:

@JasonR86 said:

I did and assumed that the screenshot they provided was tied to the article. Am I missing something? I've been acting really dumb today so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm missing something.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dany

Ok...sure? But who'd pay for it?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FunExplosions

@JasonR86 said:

@FunExplosions said:

@JasonR86 said:

I did and assumed that the screenshot they provided was tied to the article. Am I missing something? I've been acting really dumb today so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm missing something.

I wouldn't know. Who reads? I could watch a full booty vid on Youtube in that time.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JasonR86

@FunExplosions said:

@JasonR86 said:

@FunExplosions said:

@JasonR86 said:

I wouldn't know. Who reads? I could watch a full booty vid on Youtube in that time.

...heh, the last sentence.

yeah...fuck you.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nottle

In the past didn't Bioware criticize Jrpgs?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By viking_funeral

@Nottle said:

Back when EA was trying to grow a fanbase by attacking other fanbases. They were also doing the 'Battlefield 3 will outsell Modern Warfare 3!' thing at the time.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Animasta

@JasonR86 said:

that was the previous DLC costume, it was very pandering (where the guy had fucking like, full body armor) and very creepy and eugh.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By MEATBALL

This is pretty hilarious given the internet controversy surrounding both games' endings.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel

@Nottle said:

Yep. Pretty much said that they were dying even as Final Fantasy XIII was outselling Mass Effect 2 and everything else the company had ever produced.

I don't think Bioware is in a position to make such statements anymore.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

Yep. Pretty much said that they were dying even as Final Fantasy XIII was outselling Mass Effect 2 and everything else the company had ever produced.

final fantasy 13 was also not as good as mass effect 2, come now; I mean I think 13-2 is better than ME3 but don't be THAT GUY.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

final fantasy 13 was also not as good as mass effect 2, come now; I mean I think 13-2 is better than ME3 but don't be THAT GUY.

Sorry, I am that guy. Loved FFXIII, hated the shit out of the ME2 demo.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta

I enjoyed FF13, but it is not a good game, long and short of it

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

My opinion is not the same as yours, long and short of it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That is a bizarre combination. I wonder what exactly the costumes will be. Can Sarah dress up like Tali or something?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

There was still no reason to bring up that 13 sold more though, as they still had vague goodwill by that point (which was largely lost with 13)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

There was still no reason to bring up that 13 sold more though, as they still had vague goodwill by that point (which was largely lost with 13)

They didn't lose my good will, and it is a valid point because Bioware illustrated Bioware's growing hubris regarding the RPG market. And you want to talk about loss of good will? How about Dragon Age II, or the Mass Effect 3 ending? Both games resulted in fans feeling insulted, slighted, confused, and generally at a loss.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xyzygy

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

FFXIII was definitely a better game to me. I had an infinitely more fun time with XIII than ME2.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By apathylad

I fluctuated between hating and liking Final Fantasy XIII. It got to a point where I started having fun and I want to go finish it, but I have other JRPGs to finish!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animasta

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

FFXIII was definitely a better game to me. I had an infinitely more fun time with XIII than ME2.

you people are crazy. did you forget the like, 10-15 hour tutorial? Sure the story was vaguely interesting and the characters.... well Sazh was amazing, and I'm not denying that you enjoyed it more, but I'm saying that ME2 is definitely a better game, IN GENERAL, than 13 was. Better music and better graphics does not make a game better :|

@Hailinel: that good will was lost well after ME2 got released though so I don't think it's necessarily relevant to the discussion.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

you people are crazy. did you forget the like, 10-15 hour tutorial? Sure the story was vaguely interesting and the characters.... well Sazh was amazing, and I'm not denying that you enjoyed it more, but I'm saying that ME2 is definitely a better game, IN GENERAL, than 13 was. Better music and better graphics does not make a game better :|

@Hailinel: that good will was lost well after ME2 got released though so I don't think it's necessarily relevant to the discussion.

I had no problem with the way that the game took it's time. During those first ten to fifteen hours, I was engaged by the story, characters, and gradually expanding gameplay. So what's your point?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Animasta

that you have terrible opinions about video games

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xyzygy

@Animasta said:

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

The combat system in XIII gets very complex and fast so laying it on us slowly was a good decision, in my opinion. By the time you reach Pulse the battles are fast, intense, strategic and fun as hell. I hear that XIII-2 takes advantage of this by assuming the player has learned the Paradigm and Stagger system from XIII and gets to the action a lot faster.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Animasta

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

The combat system in XIII gets very complex and fast so laying it on us slowly was a good decision, in my opinion. By the time you reach Pulse the battles are fast, intense, strategic and fun as hell. I hear that XIII-2 takes advantage of this by assuming the player has learned the Paradigm and Stagger system from XIII and gets to the action a lot faster.

I loved 13-2, like pretty much all of it (lack of Sazh is the only thing I can hold against the base game, and the DLC is shit). In fact the argument is i thought 13 was alright until 13-2 comes out and is way superior in pretty much every way (again, Sazh). but, the combat system in 13 is not complex enough to need that long of a tutorial. Sure, lay it out slowly if you want, but anything over 5 hours is pushing it, for anything really, even complicated strategy games like CK2

and 13-2 is not really assuming you know the battle system from 13 necessarily, it just lays all that tutorial in like, an hour

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hailinel

@Animasta said:

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

I loved 13-2, like pretty much all of it (lack of Sazh is the only thing I can hold against the base game, and the DLC is shit). In fact the argument is i thought 13 was alright until 13-2 comes out and is way superior in pretty much every way (again, Sazh). but, the combat system in 13 is not complex enough to need that long of a tutorial. Sure, lay it out slowly if you want, but anything over 5 hours is pushing it, for anything really, even complicated strategy games like CK2

and 13-2 is not really assuming you know the battle system from 13 necessarily, it just lays all that tutorial in like, an hour

The pacing of the tutorials in FFXIII still wasn't the horrible thing you keep claiming that it is.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By shiftymagician

Some great relevant discussion about those costumes guys! :P

Man I really wonder what's up in the minds of Square-Enix when thinking up these kinds of DLC for their games. At least they are completely ignorable for the disinterested.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Animasta

@ShiftyMagician said:

Man I really wonder what's up in the minds of Square-Enix when thinking up these kinds of DLC for their games. At least they are completely ignorable for the disinterested.

there is no discussion until they show pictures of them

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Animasta said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

there is no discussion until they show pictures of them

Sheppy-kun, hey Sheppy-kun am I kawaii desu~ 
    Sheppy-kun, hey Sheppy-kun am I kawaii desu~ 
    devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By devilzrule27

But can I get Final Fantasy hair in my Mass Effect 3?

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Elazul

I know this sounds dumb but if they bring out a Liara skin for Lightning I might actually buy this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vegetable_Side_Dish AW CHRIST THATS AWESOME

You guys will never understand how much I like video game crossovers. I love video games so if you put other video games in my video games I can ...

Man. I love fucking stupid crossover shit. All of you hate fun.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#39  Edited By Video_Game_King

What?

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

that's kinda awesome

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By Sooty

wtf

Square and BioWare should make a cross over game: Final Effect IV: Brothers in DLC Endings

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zeushbien

They are the same? That's kind of dull imo.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@devilzrule27 said:

But can I get Final Fantasy hair in my Mass Effect 3?

It's PC exclusive content.

It's called a mod. :P

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By Enigma777

@Dany said:

Ok...sure? But who'd pay for it?

I would. I fucking hate Noel's standard digs and none of his other costumes are much better...

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

That is both really dumb and really awesome at the same time.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Turambar
    @Animasta said:

@JasonR86 said:

that was the previous DLC costume, it was very pandering (where the guy had fucking like, full body armor) and very creepy and eugh.

Wasn't the male version also pandering, considering it was just a costume from Sengoku Basara?  Either way, this and the Assassin's Creed one fits how alternate costumes were being handled in the JP version of the game as well. 
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SlightConfuse

thats pretty cool

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Turambar
    @Animasta said:

@xyzygy said:

@Animasta said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

What ME2 did better: character interactions.  What FF13 did better: everything else.  I'm sticking with FF13.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Turambar
    @Brodehouse said:
    @Vegetable_Side_Dish AW CHRIST THATS AWESOME You guys will never understand how much I like video game crossovers. I love video games so if you put other video games in my video games I can ... Man. I love fucking stupid crossover shit. All of you hate fun.
    Considering I will have an eternal boner for Super Robot Wars, I love crossovers as well, probably more than most.  But this is one just has me confused at who it's being marketed towards.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Turambar
    @Brodehouse said:
    @Vegetable_Side_Dish AW CHRIST THATS AWESOME You guys will never understand how much I like video game crossovers. I love video games so if you put other video games in my video games I can ... Man. I love fucking stupid crossover shit. All of you hate fun.
    Considering I will have an eternal boner for Super Robot Wars, I love crossovers as well, probably more than most.  But this is one just has me confused at who it's being marketed towards.
    It's marketed towards ME. And it's working.

Fucking give that Kingdom Hearts looking character the Persona 4 jacket and I won't be able to resist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.