Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

Am I the only person that likes Dungeon Siege 3?

• 58 results
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By ttocs

@sins_of_mosin said:

It was a little rough at the start but once I got my AI partner, I'm having a blast. Its not a hardcore rpg but it sure is hella fun.

Exactly. The game can be tough at first until you learn that you just can't stand around and swing a sword. Plus, once you get your partner it's smooth sailing. I'm having a blast playing this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

The gameplay is more interesting than I've found Diablo-style games to be in the last 7 years or so. I think X-Men Legends was the last 'action RPG' (Diablo) that I've enjoyed.

But more importantly, the writing and characters are pretty interesting a couple hours in. Don't buy Obsidian games to enjoy epic whatsits, buy them to enjoy the quality of the writing.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Vonocourt

@ajamafalous said:

@Lukeweizer said:

I can't fucking stand these self-centered "Am I the only person..." threads. No, you're not the only person in the fucking world. Get over yourself.

This times a fucking million. Jesus fucking Christ.

To be fair, most of the threads in this forum look negative from their titles. This isn't like L.A. Noire where there were like five threads on the first page going "what's wrong with me, why do I not like this game?!"

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I played into the wee hours and I'm loving the game.  I find the story to be interesting and the characters.  I'm doing the warrior guy and I find myself staying in 2h stance no matter what the situation.  My AI partner seems pretty smart when it comes to rezzing me.  I found the amount of loot to be just right.  Not too much that I started skipping it because it was all garbage nor was the drop rate too little. 

So the game is 8-10hrs and I'm thinking I'll be wanting more.  It really sucks that there isn't a new game+ mode.  I was a bit bummed that there wasn't free roam but I got over it.  Visuals are very nice. 

I know the pc nerds will QQ that its not like the other two games but would you rather not have any new game at all?  Yeah, it would have been better had they given it a new sub name like Dungeon Siege: New Era or something along those lines. 

The devs set out to make a fun game with rpg elements, loot, and some replay value and they did do a great job.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By kishinfoulux

I love all the idiots here are got so butthurt over the TC's topic. Such bitter tears.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By ericdrum

@StingingVelvet: Nice. I agree with your post completely.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By csl316

My buddy just brought it over, and I figured I'd hop in for a few minutes. This turned into a few hours.

I honestly don't even care about the loot or achievements, I just had a damn good time playing.

jaydeadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fuck no your not lmao I love this game and ima be super sad if theres never a 4th one :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.