Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age

Franchise »

Dragon Age is a series of fantasy medieval role-playing games by BioWare. BioWare considers it a spiritual successor to their Baldur's Gate RPG gaming series. It is furthered upon through the creation of comics, books and other forms of media. Truly this is the age of dragons.

Would you buy a new-gen enhanced package of two and one with all DLC?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you buy a new-gen enhanced package of two and one with all DLC? (111 votes)

Yes, and I've already played both of them! 25%
    Yes, I've never played them but am interested. 4%
    Yes, I played the first, but not its sequel, and I'd be interested. 8%
    Yes, I played two, but not Origins, and I'd be interested. 1%
    No, I've already played them and that was good enough for me, I'll just wait for three now. 23%
    No, I've already played them and that was good enough for me, I'm not that excited for three... 9%
    I'm not adverse to it coming out, but I probably wouldn't get it. 14%
    I don't care about Dragon Age, so... No? I'm here though! 5%
    Um, you missed an option. 12%

I'd personally be excited to buy it. I bought Origins on PC around its release, but didn't go through it until a few weeks prior to two; I played through all three demo versions of two, and enjoyed it, but when two came out, I didn't pick it up for multiple reasons. The PC I played Origins on, and two's demo, stopped working, so even though little choice carries over making it negligible (or so I've heard), that made it hard for me to want to play it on consoles.

I also didn't like the fact it wasn't the original character, though I could get over that. Then came all the negative talk about the game, and how the setting varies very little, which for me is a huge turn off unless what little is there is fantastic. All that being said, I do still want to play it, because three is coming, but I don't really want to go back to last-gen consoles, for a game I had put off for this long, and still to an extent have reservations about.

The problem is this kind of thing would be ideal to come out before three, though I doubt that'll happen.

• 
    Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked my time with DA1 and DA2 and their DLC, but I wouldn't go through playing them again. I've already played them twice (three times for DA1) and I feel like that's enough.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I have no interest in playing DA:O on a console. PC or bust. I just want a direct sequel (in terms of mechanics and style) to the original, not another DAII.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By HH

I've finished Origins with a duelist and a templar, and i've every intention of going back and doing a blood mage playthrough, likewise for DA 2 - two down and at least one to go.

I'm going to get a PS4 for Inquisition, but I might get a copy for the 360 at some point, to see how my actual import saves pan out (no way I'll remember all my decisions), and as a way to revisit those old characters.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I haven't even finished the copy that I own. Unless there are drastic changes to make some parts of the game less tedious, then I seriously doubt it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Definitely. I've never played any of the Dragon Age games, and having them in one nice package on my Ps4 would probably push me over the edge to finally play them.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've already beaten them and yeah, definitely. I mean, assuming it came out on PC and they actually redid the graphics. Origins doesn't look good for a last gen game, let alone a current gen one. I've actually been in the mood to play through Origins again lately.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

You can't enable the console on a console, so no. :D

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about Dragon Age, so... No? I'm here though!

Bioware is stinky.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know what that means. dragon age tried and failed to catch my attention before. maybe if it had my wife hostage I might give it a chance. Not really sure what else to say about it.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jadegl

The only way they could get me to do that is if they said that it would be their solution to importing the saves from Origins, Awakening and 2. Seriously, I want to import my saves. My husband reminded me that this wasn't going to happen for the third game and my heart sank a little bit. Now, you may think I'm being dramatic, but part of why I played the games and all the DLC was the fact I had my characters and their decisions could be carried over from one game to the next. I loved that when Alistair showed up in 2 he was mentioning his awesome wife (me from Origins + Awakenings) to my new character. That was dope.

So, if they said they were remaking all the other games for PS4 and that those saves would be able to be imported into the third game? Yeah I'd buy the crap out of that all day, every day. But, if it's just prettier graphics and slightly improved gameplay or something like that with no other benefits and no connections to the new game? Nah, I would have to pass since I already played those games, all the dlc, and am kind of done with them at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't care if this came out, but I wouldn't buy it either. I already have all the DLC I want for the first game (also modded the hell out of it too), so I don't really need this. Plus, I'm not going to play DA2 again.

@jadegl said:

The only way they could get me to do that is if they said that it would be their solution to importing the saves from Origins, Awakening and 2. Seriously, I want to import my saves. My husband reminded me that this wasn't going to happen for the third game and my heart sank a little bit. Now, you may think I'm being dramatic, but part of why I played the games and all the DLC was the fact I had my characters and their decisions could be carried over from one game to the next. I loved that when Alistair showed up in 2 he was mentioning his awesome wife (me from Origins + Awakenings) to my new character. That was dope.

So, if they said they were remaking all the other games for PS4 and that those saves would be able to be imported into the third game? Yeah I'd buy the crap out of that all day, every day. But, if it's just prettier graphics and slightly improved gameplay or something like that with no other benefits and no connections to the new game? Nah, I would have to pass since I already played those games, all the dlc, and am kind of done with them at this point.

Wow, really? They aren't letting you import saves to the third game? I guess they got really annoyed by everyone who killed Leliana in Dragon Age: Origins bitching about her being alive in the second game. Still, that's like Bioware's thing, and to see them not doing it is surprising. The Witcher pulled it off really well though, but I don't know if Dragon Age can pull it off without its over-dramatic fanbase creating a shit storm.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: I'm pretty sure that they are still giving you the option to import saves if you had played the games on PC. For the ones who can't, I heard that there will be some way to create your own world history from scratch. They are probably introducing this feature because of difficulties bringing over saves from last gen consoles.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jadegl

@random45: Ah I just read that they are coming up with a system, but that it's not going to involve save states? I need to do some intense research on this. It sounds similar to what they did with Mass Effect but more intense. But it still isn't a save import from what I gather. Ok, now I feel a little better. Still I wish I could just do a straight save import.

It sounds cool from what I am reading, but it also sounds like they could be promising more than they might be able to deliver. Plus, how the heck can I remember everything I need to remember? Hmmm.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I would play through the first again, sure.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good with having the original ones, but the new Dragon Age will probably be the game that makes me buy a PS4 if not Destiny comes out before that

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By Danteveli

Nah

Finished Origins like 12 times and loved it. Dragon Age 2 - finished it once and it was enough. Won't play them again for some time but maybe one day I will go back to Origins.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By spraynardtatum

I played a portion of both games but I wouldn't get a enhanced version.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

id play a hd remaster of the first game, fuck that 2nd game to all hell though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because I don't want to play these games with a controller.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Yes because I'm stupid and constantly rebuy games all the time.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Nope, I don't want to play them with a controller.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Hunter5024

I would absolutely buy this. Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite games.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

DA:O is overrated (the gameplay was fun but the story and characters were weak) while DA2 is only slightly underrated (Terrible environments and mediocre story were somewhat offset by a number of good characters and interesting but too-repetitive/frequent/insufficiently challenging combat). A graphics upgrade wouldn't really increase my interest in revisiting either one, and the DLC wasn't outstanding in either case.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Sure... maybe. I've put in an ungodly amount of hours into Dragon Age: Origins already, but it's also been long enough that I'd be OK in buying it again for PS4. Preferably on its own, though...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I played the console versions of both of those games back before I had a real PC, and I don't think I could go back. Also no amount of HD-ifying would make the art design in Origins any less bland and the environment design in II any less repetitive.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played DA:O a lot, love that game. Barely finished DA II, not that excited for number 3.
    So no, I wouldn't buy another version of it.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#27  Edited By UltorOscariot

The first game? Sure. I'd play that game again with some prettied up visuals in a moment. The second? Nah. Outside of some interesting moments involving character agency I found very little to like about that game. Kirkwall felt more like a prison than a city.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird coincidence, I'm playing DA:O Ultimate Edition right now on PC to get ready for DA:Inquisition. I played it once when it came out back in '09. I am still floored by the amount of original voice work in DA:O, the size of their add-ons, and the quality of the entire package. Especially since I bought the Ultimate Edition for like $25. But actually I probably wouldn't buy it again if it came out on new systems.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I would seeing as DA:O already has the ultimate edition and I don't really care for DA2. However, I would love to have something like that for the Mass Effect series, getting all the games and their DLC for that series is currently a massive hassle.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NTM

@vessel28: Yes, and I hope it's coming; I assume it's coming. Bioware is talking about it. While I'd settle for just the three games as they are just with visual updates and more solid frame rates (60), I'd rather they take a whole 'nother step and made all three games look and play the same as if it were on large game, with all DLC (and yes, still 60fps!)

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Ask me in 5 years when I'm no longer sour about the DA2, The Old Republic and ME3 hat-trick of disappointment that BioWare assaulted us with in 2011-12.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By conmulligan

I'd relish the chance to play through those games again in a nicer looking package.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

@ntm said:

@wemibelec90:If it came to PC as well?

Eh, doubtful? The original versions still look fine on PC. Could they look better? Definitely. The graphics aren't what I care about though, so it wouldn't be worth it.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

In fact it won't happen, since their solution for "importing saves" will be a form you fill out on their website to attach to your account. As for the re-release, I have no stake in that as I played the PC versions, and the only thing I really missed out on were small and insignificant pieces of DLC. I bought all the ones I thought were worth it. The only reason I might play through again (but realistically don't have the time) is because it's been so long since I played some of the side Origins content that I'm sure I might miss some references that will show up in 3.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Meh. Bioware games don't do anything for me anymore. Even the old classics (and DA:O for that matter!) that I used to love just has something missing. I grew out of their style of storytelling and the games largely don't have the mechanics to make up for it. :(

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could play the PC version of Dragon Age, but all the DLC I bought in the past doesn't seem to be on their servers anymore. In fact, I don't think their servers are there at all. I kinda get the feeling they've abandoned that game for now.

I've not looked at the game for a few months though.. so things may have changed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.