Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 5

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

Dead or Alive 5 is the seventh entry in the Dead or Alive fighting game franchise, introducing a new visual style, new game mechanics, and highly interactive stages.

Whats the interest level for this game around here?

• 64 results
    BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By BoOzak

I was kind of put off by the new look of the characters as I felt the anime aesthetic gave it some personality. (it's also helped the games age well) But i've gotten used to it, and technicly the game looks great.

My biggest problem is with the "Power Blow" & "Cliffhanger" implementations. The thing I like about the DOA series is it's never had to rely on gimmicky supermoves, which get old fairly fast. But as long there's no projectile spamming i'll be happy. That's one thing that makes me prefer 3D fighters over 2D ones. (As much as I love MK, I cant stand that shit)

The dust effects when attacks land and the english voices kind of suck though. Also the whole 'action cam' or whatever it's called is unnecessary. Thankfully these can all be turned off though.

In conclusion, after NG3 i'm skeptical. But they seem to be listening to the fans and it looks good so far so i'll give them a second chance.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By egg

It is a fighting game and therefore playing it involves pausing to look at movelists.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zajtalan

do want

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By musubi

Well, The leaked roster was 100% right. Pai Chan confirmed this morning along with Gen-Fu (who was already seen in the declaration trailer)

No Caption Provided

The DOA 5 facebook page said that 3 characters would be revealed this week 2 revealed today so that leaves one left which HAS to be Alpha-152 who was already confirmed via the achievement leak. So, final roster stands is...

24 Characters all together unless some super secret shit that wasn't unveiled in the alpha datamine leak was created since that is the final roster as no character DLC was also confirmed. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By JJOR64

If the online is good then I might have some interest in the game.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

DOA always felt like a poor version of Tekken with no personality and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 just came out so I will never play this.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By jkuc316

I'm gonna buy every retail FIghting Game released this year, with Persona 4 Arena and SFxT(Yes SFxT!) later this year, so there is some interest for me. But Since I'm too hyped for Tag 2 to give a f*ck about other games right now, I'd say my interest is only at a 4/10.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By AngelN7

I'm kinda dissapointed that the last guest from VF wasn't that monkey chick from VF5.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By musubi

@AngelN7: Eileen? Yeah, I used her in VF5 a lot too. But Pai Chan is a lot more well known. Although surprised Kage Maru didn't make it as he is huge as well.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Solh0und

My interest level is in the middle of the road as of right now. I didn't play alot of DoA 4 online but still casually enjoy the series.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By donchipotle

I love Dead or Alive. So I am hype as shit.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By That1BlackGuy

I told myself that it's either this or Tekken Tag 2, I already got KoFXIII for my 2D fix and Virtua Fighter: FS for my 3D fix so I ain't trying to overdo it with fighting games.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By korolev

I don't play fighting games. I have no idea if it is a good fighting game or not, but I don't play them, so I won't be playing this game.

My brother played DOA2 for a while, and 13-year old me would watch with rapt attention. All those.... assets. Moving about. Come on, I was 13 years old and given my upbringing (fairly strict Chinese Mother), this was about as titillating a thing I had ever seen. Flashforward to today, and I don't find the characters sexy at all. They're... like plastic mannequins. They don't look right.

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vorsic

I already preordered the PS3 collectors edition. I was going to get it from Amazon for those "devil" outfits but I wanted the collectors edition more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.