Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Looks like we're getting some footage real soon

• 63 results
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By bybeach

I actually liked most of what I saw. Attitude/dialogue got a little thick at times. Mr. Rockstar band is going to stay turned off if/when I play this game. I hope there are some music choices.

But I have better impression now than I had going in. If it's going to be mature though, I hope it is in areas like The Story, rather than just slang, tits and butts. The original (first) Deus Ex was 'mature' to me also.

I'm truly impressed by the Consequences aspect of how you go about things. As if one was involved in a reality that evolved constantly, rather than at a few crucial points. That part sounds pretty neat.

Now where did I put my Inhaler...

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The world looks great but I'm not the biggest fan of first person RPGs so I kind of wish it was more of an action game. Regardless of that I have no idea where the insane hype has come from because everything else kind of looks like a video game ass video game with edgy game writing and a guy aiming down sights and shooting at braindead AI enemies. The streets just looked like every hub area and you can be sure those NPCs will be standing in the exact same spot every single time you go through there. Seems like a slightly better Deus Ex tbh.

CrazyCarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By CrazyCarl

Very impressive. Hope the world is as dense as they advertise. Think I'm going to block out all additional demos and go in blind.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I have faith in CDPR that this is not a Prey 2 style small slice or misdirection. I'm interested as to how much variability there is/how much it holds up with multiple visits (what does the Ripperdoc say the 20th time you visit him?)

But yea, looks awesome.

I'm going to avoid much more coverage until it actually comes out in 2077

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@deanoxd said:
    @sasnake said:
    @deanoxd said:

the game looks interesting but there are a couple things that i really don't like, first calling the currency eddies is so fucking stupid just call it dollars, and the red text i hate it. I don't think i could look at it for a 50-100 hours. i know these two things are nit picky and are completely personal gripes. The game may end up being great but for me its the little things that turn me off from games.

Eddies is short for Eurodollar (which is the currency in the game). Same way people refer to Pounds as Quid, or even dosh. Those seem like really trivial things to turn you off a game.

And i said as much in my post.

well maybe you should watch every single episode of Ed, Edd N Eddy then.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sadly didnt quite reach the hype I had built in my head. Graphics dont actually look as amazing as they did in the trailer. Hopefully as its still in pre alpha they will have some better lighting coming. All in all still looks pretty fucking great! The combat is way above what I expected. Never cared for combat in the Witcher, kinda gave up thinking that was just a weak area for CDPR.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Onemanarmyy

So uhh.. I was really impressed by the narrator :D What a voice!

I hope / dread there will be a 'V has come to' in the dialog. Afterall, these are the people that had a dead assassin from Assassins Creed in their game.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

It looks like a game I'm interested in playing. The graphics definitely don't look like they necessitate next generation console hardware, but I still think this will be a cross-generational game.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not as impressive as many were making it out to be in my own opinion, but I'm still interested.

The art direction and design of the world is pretty awesome, but it's hard to fuck that up when you have a ton of source material to work with in the RPG books.

Combat for the most part looks serviceable and I liked how visceral it can get. It still has that shooter RPG feel to me though where it looks questionable and more annoying than fun watching those health bars go down. The biggest parts that look like they need some serious work are the driving and writing.

The characters and writing just don't seem interesting at all. Everyone feels roughly like the same stereotype type of being a rough and tough asshole where apparently the richest of the rich use the same slang as those that are poor and part of gangs. It doesn't really make sense.

It's easy to see the vision of what they want to do and I'm more curious now on seeing how the final product will be compared to this video. I'm also wondering how fluid Red Dead Redemption 2's NPC dialogue system will be in comparison. It seems like an inevitable comparison when both of these games are trying to do the same thing of having a more interactive world, but RDR 2 is coming out in about a month and Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out in a year or more.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitestripes09 said:

The characters and writing just don't seem interesting at all. Everyone feels roughly like the same stereotype type of being a rough and tough asshole where apparently the richest of the rich use the same slang as those that are poor and part of gangs. It doesn't really make sense.

Would you say that everyone seems to be exceptionally hard-boiled?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: I think that was Spanish :P.

The game probably has a ton of production value same as The Witcher 3 so i'd be dumb not to check it out, but this feels more like a concept demo than what the game is actually going to turn out like.
    The pacing, the custom animation, the situational interactions, it feels built for this demo, i'm expecting something a lot less impressive in the final game.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Tennmuerti

Looks like a game I dreamed of when I was a kid. Honestly the 12 year old in me is giddy with excitement.

The impressive part to me of the demo was the sheer amount of detail and density of characters, objects and interactivity on display in an open world game. People often tend to forget that it is one thing to make something look incredible or dense with stuff and detail on a small scale like say Deus Ex or GoW it is another to be able to do that on a significant and undirected scale of an open world game. The sheer amount of varied actors on display in that street among all the art and richness of detail is something I have not to date seen in an open context like this. Hitman did large crowds but in a very metered areas, Ass Creed does massive cities all the time but they are largely paper cut out sets. And it is an rpg on top of that, where you can talk to people have dialogue options and multiple ways to go about things.

Normally I would doubt a studio's ability to be able to scale quality content and richness of the world to such a degree. But that was my exact thought going into Witcher 3 after 1&2. So I think CDPR have proved that they have the cohones to try and succeed in pulling something like this off, considering something like Novigrad or the quests in W3. It is something other developers are still trying to chase and not even reaching that point, here it looks like CDPR is already moving forward even further.

My current main reservations about the game remain mostly systems focused. How the leveling, abilities, skills, gear, augments, etc will work. The nitty gritty of an RPG. it's something CDPR has decided to do from scratch with every game but with varying degrees of success. The leveling systems was one of the few points of weakness of Witcher 3 that was only somewhat rectified in the expansion.

And I do also like the unabashed style they are going for with this game. Rather then going for a gritty shades of grey feel of the Witcher this is clearly very deliberate in its try hardy way of what would be cool kind of vibe, not what would be today's vision of the future but what would I think would be siiiic in the 90s. The overindulgence in neon, grittiness and slang is kind of what I'm here for.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@cikame: that hacking segment In the end especially felt like they asked someone to render out a “hacking thing” because it looked incomprehensible.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ares42

@humanity: Ye, I don't think it was a coincidence that they repeated the "this is a work in progress" line just before the hacking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.