Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock: The Collection

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 13, 2016

Remastered versions of the BioShock trilogy in one collection.

Who else is excited to play Bioshock: The Collection?

• 77 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I was going to make a poll, but then realized the choices I wanted were too many, so I'll just ask and hope to read answers. I love Bioshock, I got the first on 360 when it came out. I got Bioshock again on PS3 as a birthday present, and as superb as it was, it wasn't quite as good as the 360 version mainly due to visuals (the textures lacked sheen, so it looked dull comparatively), and then I bought it on Steam, which was just as good as the 360 version. Bioshock 2, I also got as a birthday present on PS3. It was superb as well, though not quite as good as the first mainly because it wasn't all that new an experience, then bought it on Steam and it's good there too, but I didn't finish it. I initially bought Infinite on PS3, and though it didn't do what I expected (as in, put focus on building a really interesting, self-contained world), so it was a disappointing game, I still thought it was superb as well for what it does do with its story and characters.

Due to the PS3 version unfortunately not allowing for Dolby Digital, which is awkward, I bought it on 360, where I also played the DLC's. Then I got it on Steam, but my PC can't run it real well unless I put everything on the lowest setting, which is pointless then. That means I pretty much have all the Bioshock games and all versions with all DLC (on one system), even so, I still want to play the Collection. I just read through Bioshock: Rapture, which was pretty good, and a sad story for one of the side characters in Bioshock. I recommend that book to anyone that likes Bioshock; it delves into minor characters that I hardly remember from the game until I read about it on a wiki, so connecting the name to some of the characters (like Roland Wallace), wasn't easy.

I'm glad Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are getting some work done. The first Bioshock is honestly the one I'm most interested in playing again, though Infinite, at least for me, is the one that most benefits in the remaster. I'm curious to know if they added any new control options, because though I was okay with Bioshock and Bioshock 2's R3 toggle aim, I kind of hope with the update there'll be an L2/LT hold aim for weapons. Anyways, I could go on about how each Bioshock made me feel, but I wanted to quickly run down my history of playing them. Anyone else going to get it? The first two will be free on Steam.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've been meaning to replay bioshock infinite but i guess that won't matter with this

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@ripelivejam: In what way do you mean? Like, you played it on PC, and hoped for something different there, but since that's not happening, there's no point in replaying it? Ever play Burial At Sea?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really really really hate playing the first Bioshock so I'll probably skip it. I love Infinite but already have it on PC and it sounds like that one got no changes.

JamesFargoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been meaning to play through the series back to back. So yeah, when the games are updated on steam I'll probably jump in. If I can stop playing Picross that is.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By fatalbanana

Count me in for being excited! I love the Bioshock franchise and this is a good excuse to go back and play them. I've tried many times to go back to the first one but it hasn't aged all that well and I couldn't make it through a another play through. Hopefully the changes they are making fix that. Guess we'll see on Tuesday.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinite is the only one I really liked all the way through (had to force myself to rush through the end of 1 and never even bothered to finish 2), and since I played that and its DLC through multiple times on PC already... yeah I'm gonna skip this one!

The only thing about this I'd want is Minerva's Den, but I think after all the years of waiting to play it, there's probably no way it'd live up to the infamous GOTY discussions.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like a great free update on PC as someone that's played both 1 and 2 multiple times.
    From the gameplay that I have watched, I have seen:
    -Fixed physics
    -Fixed animations
    -Fixed audio

All of which are issues that have always plagued the PC ports. I just hope that they didn't fix the bell in the medical pavilion that spawns splicers on demand.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I might just pick this up if it ever goes on sale for PS4 just for BioShock 2+Minerva's Den and Burial at Sea. Might boot up Infinite just to see the touched up graphics. Enjoyed my time with the original in 2012 on PC with all the settings turned up to max so I probably won't bother with that anymore.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@ripelivejam: In what way do you mean? Like, you played it on PC, and hoped for something different there, but since that's not happening, there's no point in replaying it? Ever play Burial At Sea?

meant that there's no extra incentive except to just play it again, which i still want to do anyway i suppose. i do have a nicer system this time so it should play a lot better so there's that. i haven't played burial at sea so there's something else i should do, just too many games (among other crap) taking up my time.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not me. BioShock 1 doesn't hold up to replay. BioShock 2 wasn't very good even the first time. And perhaps BioShock Infinite is more controversial but I was not impressed.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not really. I liked all three, finished all with DLC and only replayed Infinite more than once.

I found the underwater city setting cool but not a place I wanted to be for a long time. So I'm kinda done with it for now. I'll probably want to replay the first one in maybe 5-10 years but that's about it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Played 1 and infinite on the 360 and yes, I am excited to play the remaster of 1 and 2 on PC. I loved the original and am looking forward to playing through it again at some point.

dbdanny16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does bio shock infinite all ready have an fov solider?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

@dbdanny16: I don't think so, not even in the PC version; at least not that I remember (or now that I read about it, there is one, but to my knowledge, it didn't change much). You can of course try to edit the game file and get a better one.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'd love to play Infinite again, but the other two Bioshocks went on my "immediately bounced off" list. On the one hand I'd like to actually experience their environments and stories, but on the other I know all the twists and turns and that gameplay is just horrendous.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OurSin_360

Already own it, only beat infinite though the other games kinda sucked IMO.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Does bio shock infinite all ready have an fov solider?

Yes, but not a great one by default:

it only increases/decreases FOV by 15% from the default value of 75º (67.5º - 82.5º)

You can edit an ini file to make the slider give you far more range so the engine and game are fine with anything you like (and it supports aspect ratios wider than 16:9 so they have made some initial effort to make it so the extra FoV doesn't immediately break the visuals/cutscenes). I found the max slider with defaults was totally playable but the option is there on PC to go further if you need it.

Of course (bringin in a point from another thread) if this was a UWP game then there's no assurance that particular ini file would be visible to the end user so you would be stuck with that default range. This is why all files being user-accessible in games is great: we get to poke at stuff for personal preference. Technically, making that single-line ini edit is a non-authorised mod.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you can buy them separately I have no interest in Infinite but it'll have to wait untill the new year Holiday to busy.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As to the initial question, I'm real happy that they're giving them away on PC as a freebie to existing owners. Not enough there to make me want to pay twice but it'll be nice to get a slightly updated version of those games for the future. Never finished Bio2, would like to play Minerva's Den for a second time.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Maybe? I wouldn't mind playing Bioshock again, only really played 2 for a few minutes and have yet to finish Infinite despite trying a couple of times. Sounds like I should probably wait for a price drop.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I will play Bioshock 1 and Minerva's Den since I own them on PC. Commentary is what I'm after.

dbdanny16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shivoa: ah I might pick it up near Xmas on sale then, thanks for replying Duder!

It's a shame games on pc are becoming more locked down, currently playing phantom pain again after beating it on PS3 because you can make it into a compety different game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just got the ship confirmation from gamefly. I only ever played the ps3 version of infinite, and I never played Minerva's den. So I am reasonably excited :)

Not sure if I'll replay through bioshock 1 or not. I already played it a bunch on ps3 and pc.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
    RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad to hear this. The audio bugs, in particular, on the PC version 1 drove me insane. It's easily in my top 5 of all time, but I could only barely tolerate playing through it on PC, and my 360 copy has been on permanent loan to a friend for about six years. Looking forward to a full playthrough again.

The original release of 2 was kind of garbage, since it didn't include native gamepad support, but they already fixed that in the Steam update a couple years ago that stripped out the GFWL layer. I'll play through it again now that it'll be looking better, too.

It looks like a great free update on PC as someone that's played both 1 and 2 multiple times.

From the gameplay that I have watched, I have seen:

-Fixed physics

-Fixed animations

-Fixed audio

All of which are issues that have always plagued the PC ports. I just hope that they didn't fix the bell in the medical pavilion that spawns splicers on demand.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having recently played Bioshock Infinite within the last 3 years, I'm not too keen on running through that again this soon. However, I'm really down to play 1& 2 again.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

The only BioShock I would revisit is Infinite, and I own that for PC. That's not to hate on the earlier games; BioShock is a great game, and I have nothing against BioShock 2 besides not feeling super motivated to ever go back and play it. So the collection doesn't really do anything for me, since I only foresee myself replaying BioShock Infinite when the time is right.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'd be down for this when it's substantially cheaper. $60 for this seems a bit high for how much I'll probably end up playing it

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play Minerva's Den.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am dying to play through all of the games again, especially since I never played any of the DLC for any of the games.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could buy 1 and Infinite for 40 bucks, I'd do that. I think Bioshock 2 is one of the worst sequels ever made.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm curious about the developer commentary and it's a good reason to replay the first game.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By conmulligan

I never actually finished the first Bioshock, so I'm curious to see if it grabs me this time around. I wouldn't say I'm excited to try it again, though.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I will replay 1 and 2, I hate Infinite with a passion so will skip that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first two games aren't exactly fun to play. It has not been long enough to revisit this series.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was initially going to just wait on this collection but I've had an urge to revisit the first game for about three years now and this seems like a good excuse to do so. I also want to check out the developer commentary for the first game as well. Bioshock 2 and Infinite have it's various issues but I'm down for replaying those games again too. If nothing else I really love Rapture as a setting (Columbia was good too but it didn't compare) and seeing that again in spiffed up graphics is going to be a treat for me.

justinrwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited. Bioshock Infinite is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in the last....10 years? ODDLY ENOUGH, I have NOT played the first or the second. I KNOW HOW ODD THAT IS. So now, getting One+2 with all the single player DLC and the infinite DLC (also haven't played burial at sea bc I haven't had time with school)??? THIS IS JUST GREAT. The potential of interesting developer commentary is just gravy- I'll enjoy that for sure, but even if it was a barebones collection, I'd still buy.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I thought about buying it for Minerva's Den and Burial At Sea.

The first game did very little for me, so eventually Bioshock 2 came to PS+ and I never played it. But Infinite was one of my favorite games of that year so I'm honestly kind of torn on the series.

So in short, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ralphmoustaccio: Bear in mind that the gameplay I have watched are the console versions running at 60fps. My assumption is that if the console versions are running at 60fps with all those issues fixed, then the PC version will be the same.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: I mean I love Minerva's Den to pieces (and both Burial At Sea DLC's were pretty solid) but I'm not sure if spending sixty on a collection just to access them is the way to go unless you want those graphic upgrades. If you still have have PS+, playing that version and just buying Minvera's Den piece meal on PSN might be the best choice.

Either way, as long as you play Minerva's Den, do what you feel friend!

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I will pay Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite. Those games are awesome.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
    RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RalphMoustaccio

I feel like I'd be down for this when it's substantially cheaper. $60 for this seems a bit high for how much I'll probably end up playing it

I think it's fair to say that 60 bucks is a bit steep for this, but it's pretty great that the updates for 1 & 2 are free for owners of those PC versions.

If I could buy 1 and Infinite for 40 bucks, I'd do that. I think Bioshock 2 is one of the worst sequels ever made.

You could buy the PC versions of 1 and Infinite on Steam right now for 50 bucks, or wait until the next Steam sale and get them for less than 10 each then. I assume you'd get the update for 1 free even if you waited. I could be wrong about that. There's no update for Infinite on PC because it's unnecessary.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I just had the best time playing through Bioshock 2. I really didn't like the first game and the third game was unbalanced in weird ways. But that second game hit my sweet spot. I can almost guarantee that's why people hate it, because I actually enjoyed it. LOL. I'll be looking forward to playing them again. 2 and 3 are great games and 1 has a great story. I really just don't enjoy playing it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bybeach

I'm playing on pc, so the 15th for me I guess. I don't want to do Infinite again right now regardless, but I will, if this really means something on pc, play both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 plus Minivera's Den. Probably a minority, but I liked Bioshock 2 a bit better because of if I remember right, the duel wielding of plasmids and weapon. Minivera's Den is definetly a 1/2 more again of Bioshock.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NTM

@nodima: I still love the gameplay, so I don't really agree there (the only thing is that Bioshock and Bioshock 2 have a bit archaic controls, with R3 toggle aim, and I much prefer left trigger hold aim). That said, you may know the major twists, but there's so much to the Bioshock story, that I doubt even the big fans of the games that had gone through it, maybe even more than once, has an easy time connecting everything.

pogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am super excited. Great series! Now all I need is my Mass Effect Trilogy and Assassins Creed Ezio Collection and I can die happy!

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WheresDerrick

@ntm said:

@nodima: I still love the gameplay, so I don't really agree there (the only thing is that Bioshock and Bioshock 2 have a bit archaic controls, with R3 toggle aim, and I much prefer left trigger hold aim). That said, you may know the major twists, but there's so much to the Bioshock story, that I doubt even the big fans of the games that had gone through it, maybe even more than once, has an easy time connecting everything.

That's not much of an issue considering in Bioshock 1, only a couple weapons could aim, and in both games it is rarely even needed; it also doesn't improve your weapon's accuracy.

Its much more important the plasmids are on the left trigger as you will use them quite frequently.

Infinite on the other hand I wind up using zoom more often than the vigors, I think thats because for one, the levels are much bigger, and for two, the vigors are used far less frequently.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wheresderrick: No, it's not really much of an issue (as in, I still love the game despite it), but still, I liked aiming in when they were at a distance, and I prefer holding left trigger to aim down sight. A lot of the guns used it, minus the heavier ones. It not changing the accuracy isn't that relevant to me. The controls can be similar to Infinite, which brought those controls. The plasmids can be put on any of the bumpers, or L1/R1. There's an easy workaround that makes it feels up to date, and still easy to use the plasmids.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.