Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

And the PC release date is August 9th (2018)

• 58 results
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

The PC version will be out august 9th.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/07/09/monster-hunter-world-coming-to-steam-on-august-9th

* yes, there is a unlimited FPS option.

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460, 3.20GHz or AMD FX™-6300
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x (VRAM 2GB)
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 20 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectSound (DirectX® 9.0c)
      • Additional Notes: 1080p/30fps when graphics settings are set to “Low”

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or Intel® Core™ i3 8350 4GHz or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1500X
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon™ RX 570X (VRAM 4GB)
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 20 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectSound (DirectX® 9.0c or better)
      • Additional Notes: 1080p/30fps when graphics settings are set to “High”

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By meatsofevil

@zurv: There's a Tweet button next to the spoiler tag stuff in the text entry.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zurv

Poggie thanks you sir meatsoevil.

Am i the only crazy person that is going to buy it a second time?

No Caption Provided

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It was originally slated for November wasn't it? Maybe it got moved up a few months. At the time of the console release I would have bought it then and there since everyone was riding this weird MH wave. Now I've considerably cooled on the game so I dunno anymore.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@humanity: They just said fall/autumn.

@zurv: I got my 430 hours in, tons of end game basically best in slot builds, killed everything dozens of times up until like 2 months ago. I will get this again, but maybe not at launch? Not sure, depends on friends I guess. If they let you transfer stuff over(which I'm thinking is just shy of being exactly a 0% chance) I'd get it at launch no matter what. Starting over kinda sounds fun, and then I look at that hour count and realize at best I could only shave 100-150 hours off that and still do everything I did.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just hit the end credits on my ps4 save, so I'm not sure I'd be wanting to start fresh on the PC anytime soon. And the people I co-op with gave in and bought it for ps4, so my incentive to get the pc version is entirely gone at this point.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza said:

Just hit the end credits on my ps4 save, so I'm not sure I'd be wanting to start fresh on the PC anytime soon. And the people I co-op with gave in and bought it for ps4, so my incentive to get the pc version is entirely gone at this point.

credits? You are just at the start of the game sir! :)

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv said:
    @mezza said:

credits? You are just at the start of the game sir! :)

I also hope you plan on playing more, if you like it. One of my friend quit after credits. I know I've heard from journalist types like GB and waypoint they're like "yeah you're in hard mode now, but it's really just the same thing again" but it absolutely -isn't- at all. I get it for those guys, hundreds of hours is a large ask. The complete complete end game is pretty tedious, but from credits up until that point you do SO MUCH gear progression and really make unique builds to satisfy what you want to do so much more than anything before credits.

You only get to truly play with what the game offers post credits.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MezZa

@vortextk: @zurv: I do plan on playing more luckily! I just meant that I wouldn't want to have to go through the story again to get to the meat of the game after just getting there (I only play a few hours a week if that so it takes me awhile).

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza: The summer event starts Thursday next week (June 12th.) A good chance to do all the events you might have missed in the past (and new ones :) )

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Distribution platform, eh? Suggests the game may not be coming to Steam? Capcom launcher?? I guess they have enough games...

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I actually ended up dropping it on PS4 after having an amazing time with it. Got slightly past the point where the end-game opens up, didn't fight any of the elder dragons besides the main story one. Really looking forward to seeing all those monsters I haven't fought and trying out different weapons than when I played through on PS4 (mostly stuck to Greatsword, Charge Blade and Heavy Bowgun). Also I recently bought a x900f and I played on an standard PS4. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of 4k HDR, so this game will be perfect. I'm really really hoping it's well optimized. Would love to also have it running at 60 fps in addition to 4k.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't be another crappy launcher that has to live on my desktop.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I think I'll get it again if it has Ultrawide support, just because I neeeeed to see this on a PC with high frame rates and 1440p resolution. I don't actually own an ultrawide yet, but I'm sure by the time this game is out those 1180s should be in the wild and I'll have done an upgrade.

Not sure how much I'll play it, mind you. Without a significant content update (I'm looking at you G-Rank) there's not too much I haven't already done.

catoasapun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak said:

Please don't be another crappy launcher that has to live on my desktop.

Announcing Capcom Exclusive Net Play Launcher, a new way to play Capcom games premiering with Monster Hunter World. We will also be removing all current Capcom games from other services to bring them to this new and exciting gaming experience.

Sevith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sevith
    @doctordonkey said:

Didn't fight any of the elder dragons besides the main story one.

Not to be pedantic, but the only elder dragons that you don't have to fight as part of the main story are Kirin, Lunastra and Kulve Taroth (the last two being post-release monsters), there's 6 total elder dragons you have to fight in the main story. To be clear, "high rank" isn't the endgame, it's the mid-game. Zorah Magdaros isn't the final boss. There's very much new areas, monsters, cutscenes and story content (in so far as the game has a story) past Zorah Magdaros.

But yeah, it's probably a good thing since that leaves a lot of content to experience first on PC. It's a shame that MHW took this long to get its PC port (and we don't even know when exactly its coming yet), but hopefully the extra time has been to make it really pop on high end specs rather than just them struggling with the port work.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sevith: Huh. There must be more to the main story than I thought, because the only Elder Dragon's I've fought are Nerg, Kirin and Zorah. I don't even know what the other ones look like because I want to be surprised.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordonkey: there’s a fire guy, a wind guy, and a zombie guy. Keeping the descriptions light, because you said you didn’t want to be spoiled.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sevith: Huh. There must be more to the main story than I thought, because the only Elder Dragon's I've fought are Nerg, Kirin and Zorah. I don't even know what the other ones look like because I want to be surprised.

To be fair, the more story parts of the game are light and inconsequential(as it all was), but yes new monsters, new difficulties of monsters and way more gearing options.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@zurv said:

I hope there is so way to get my Xbox One X save to the PC. hrmm.. maybe if it is on the windows store?

I had to look up if there have been games that support cross-save but not cross-buy. There have, but not very many. I just can't imagine Capcom will be willing to support cross-buy since the PC port is coming out so much later than the console versions. That said, the only two games that Capcom has put out that support any kind of cross compatibility (MvC Infinite and RE7) are cross-buy and cross-save, so there is some hope.

Sevith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sevith

@doctordonkey: After you beat Nerg, the elder dragon's that had previously been in hiding to avoid him come out of the woodwork. You then have to track the three of them down (Teostra, Kushala Daora, and Vaal Hazak) similar to how you tracked down the Pink Rathian. Once you beat all three of them, you can fight the game's final boss. Beating that boss finally reveals the actual reason behind the elder crossing which was the whole point of the 5 fleets coming to the new world in the first place. Queue ending cutscene and credit roll.

Not like anyone comes to Monster Hunter for the story, but yeah, after you beat Nergigante, you have 3 more elder dragons to beat then a final super-elder dragon before you actually "beat the game." Then beating the final boss is what let's you enter the actual endgame with stuff like Tempered Monsters, Augmentations and grinding out Hunter Rank.

@ungodly: And let's not forget Alien guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Distribution platform, eh? Suggests the game may not be coming to Steam? Capcom launcher?? I guess they have enough games...

They're simply not saying anything yet. If it was coming to Steam they wouldn't word it any differently differently. They wouldn't say "Announcing if we'll be on Steam or not".

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bollard
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zurv

nice.. only a month wait to start the grind again :)

sucks that it is locked, but this is a controller game for me and when playing on the TV (and with a said controller, vsync/60 doesn't bug me.)

I wonder if it has HDR. RE7 did. That said, it didn't really add much to MHW (unlike RE7 where it was great.)

I wonder what is under those advance options. I hope i can super jack up the AA. I'll have a TON of extra horse power left over.

EDIT

Here are the grafix settings

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Woohoo! Been waiting for the PC release after seeing how awful it ran on my bog standard PS4. That release date isn't far off to, plus with MHGU hitting at the end of August (missed out on the 3DS version) it's going to be a crazy month.

As long as I can run it at a solid 60/1080p with my GTX 1070 I'll be happy. Just hope it's a solid PC port, given the extra development time we can only hope.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machofantastico was this from some sort of PC beta? That footage is 6 months old.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shhhhh.. leave him with his dream. Who are we to tell him what he is seeing? :)

I'm totally sure match making and co-op play will totally suck like in the console version, but if people want to play feel free to add me to their Stream friends (Zurv)

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#30  Edited By Forcen

I'm real curious how the online will work in this version considering that it doesn't seem to be exclusive to Steam..

Will I need to make a capcom account to play online and add friends to it? or will the steam version intergrate steam?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machofantastico: Damnit. I was opening the thread to reply how this is too early for me to jump back in after already spending hundreds of hours this year, then I play that 14 second video and I'm all "I should really play more MHW".

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bollard

@machofantastico said:

As long as I can run it at a solid 60/1080p with my GTX 1070 I'll be happy. Just hope it's a solid PC port, given the extra development time we can only hope.

Recommended specs are GTX 1060 for 1080p/30 on High. So with a 1070 if you drop a setting or two you will probably be able to get 60fps.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zurv

here is some gameplay

Loading Video...

No performance issues. I wonder if other people that have reported problems ran it in windowed mode.

game looks good. Yes, unlimited frame rate.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no issues to report so far with the game.

I'm running fine with an xbox one controller. 4k at 60fps works too.. but the horse power needed for it is crazy

Loading Video...

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 5 hours in. Downed the Anjanath mission. My first cart. I wondered what was going to get me since I'm not upgrading armor and trying to speed my way a little farther into the game before slowing down after all my hours on console. No real issues for me. I wish performance was better, but my regular ps4 struggling to keep 30 is much improved on. Couple settings that don't seem to matter are off/low, mostly everything on high and 50-60fps(1080p) most the time on my 1070/3570k.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By xymox

Any first time hunters hopping in care to share their experience so far? Is it manageable?

Or is there any informative channel doing a playthrough of this? Like from someone who knows what they're doing that you can sort of follow to get a feel for things?

I really want to pick it up but I don't know a meal from a monster.

mynthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know a way to replace the Xbox controller prompt icons with PS4 ones?

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else notist the low textures on armor it's like real bad on a 1440P monitor, i turned everything to high. But i still get like ps1 textures on some armour's super blurry stuff.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xymox: I would Recommend "Gaijin Hunter" Monster Hunter World Tutorials and "Arkkez Gaming" channel. Both do great weapon tutorials for both beginners and veterans, also just jump into it Monster hunter world has a good enough tutorial to get you started.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

Anyone else notist the low textures on armor it's like real bad on a 1440P monitor, i turned everything to high. But i still get like ps1 textures on some armour's super blurry stuff.

The game doesn't win any awards on grafix, but it should be that bad. You would have hated it on the console then. :)

(Does it look the same as the video i posted yesterday? it should.. if not maybe there is a fix :) )

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By soulcake

@zurv: I actually own the ps4 version to and i thought it looked better on there i must be missing something. Maybe it's because of the 1080p assets upscaled assets to 1440p i have no idea. Especially on the great Jagras armor the helmet is just disgusting like if somebody used microsoft paint to brush the helmet.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm real bad at noticing the difference between 30 and 60 FPS, but I can say that with a GTX1070 and all settings on high the game is running real smooth at 1080p. And no noticeable drops in frame rate (which is something I can see).

Only annoyance so far, and I suspect this was an issue on PS4 as well, is that I can't figure out how to rebind controller keys. I use an Xbox controller and having X be 'Use Item' rather than 'Basic Attack' is throwing me off real bad.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gained 10-15 fps by rolling back to 398.36 drivers. Something is borked with those latest nvidia drivers. Running on a 1080 with a i7 6700k.

World of Warcraft also started stuttering a bit when I installed the latest drivers. Which I haven't had happen for years. If anyone wants like 15 fps for free and are running on a nvidia card, I'd suggest rolling back.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

odd.. being that this latest driver was for both wow and mhw :)

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick tip to help with the incredibly obtuse graphics options in the game: the “High” resolution scaling option is native resolution. I was amazed at what a blurry mess the game was through my first few missions until I saw that in a Stream thread.

Bummer to hear about the driver business. I try to update my drivers as infrequently as possible but did update yesterday morning for the supposedly MHW “game-ready” optimization it was described as.

On a 1070 running at native 1440p with v-sync and 60fps cap, I’ve got textures at 1024 and had to turn everything else down to low/off for a stable 60fps.

Performance issues aside, though: as a huge fan who’s been playing since Freedom Unite, I’m absolutley loving everything about this. A blown-out MH had been my literal dream game for the last decade and it’s amazing. I only wish there were more duders playing on PC; only three of us raised our hands in then Discord channel yesterday.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I don't know if you guys can see this but the helmet is really bad looking.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plan on buying the PC version this weekend or later this month. I have the PS4 version, but couldn't get by the shitty low frames. The low frame rate made the game feel like I was slogging through knee deep mud. My rig far exceeds the recommended specs. I should be good with the FPS once I turn off Volumetric Rendering.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow. The game looks much better then disabling the volumetric fog. It also saves a TON of GPU demands. So much better looking and faster == win!

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fatalbanana

I've noticed some crazy bloom on the sun effects that almost completely whites out the area in the skybox and makes some areas look washed out in a way that I don't like much at all. Lowering the brightness helps a bit but I wish there was a way to tone it down in the settings. Maybe there is an option and I'm missing it? Is anyone else having this issue?

This isn't the best example but I didn't want to sit around for a later time of day.
    This isn't the best example but I didn't want to sit around for a later time of day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.