Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

And the PC release date is August 9th (2018)

• 58 results
    rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By rorie

I hear there's no 21:9 support in this? Anyone confirm?

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Zurv

There is no 21:9 mr Rorie. It will just give you black bars. That said, It runs much better vs a console and with the volumetric off looks better too. Connect to your TV?

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xymox: Also agreeing to watching both of those channels for monster hunter content. Do you know anyone that played world already? Like half of my friend group did, and we're teaching the other half as we go.

Couple tips I'd give is:

-WATCH A WEAPON VIDEO. Pick what sounds cool or if you like how it feels when you use it, and watch what you can actually do with it. There might be weird moves you don't know how to get to without a lot of practicing on your own or told how to do it. There might be moves with special properties that are next to impossible to figure out. Taking time to see 10-20 minutes of someone breaking down every possible hit is extremely help.

-Be content that you're not going to figure it all out quickly. You're gonna unlock bounties and investigations, your tree for growing stuff, canteen ingredients and food buffs, armor skills, deliveries and on and on. 430 hours on ps4 and I've already learned just a couple tiny new things since I started on pc. Learning is what this game is.

-Play with people if it's tough, even if it's just randos. Shoot a SOS flare or join other games through flares to get drops, beat monsters you can't when you're still learning or trying to quickly farm monster mats.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

@vortextk: Good tips! And yeah, the game totally looks like it's a thing you'll learn over time so the extra resources will be super helpful.

@soulcake: Digital Foundry just posted this video and it looks like the textures aren't actually working properly on the PC version, along with some other settings. Hope they'll patch it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Tennmuerti

Ye some of the the PC textures seem very low res'd even on highest setting, unusually so for any modern game.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am not crazzy!

Loading Video...

Textures totally look worse then the console versions!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By soulcake

@fatalbanana: You can turn it off it's Volumetric lighting that's causing this "natural" sun effect. At advanced graphics turn off Volume rendering quality.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@soulcake: Yeah, I have it off in that screenshot and still looks blown out to me but it could be just a taste thing I don't know. I like the setting better off anyway imo the fog doesn't add much but wash out the colors but that's just me.

Man, hopefully the texture issues are something that's easily patchable. It's crazy to think that it was done on purpose for whatever reason and not just an overlooked or past over bug.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.