Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

I cant believe how good half life 2 still looks.

• 62 results
    phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By phish09
    @thehexeditor:

Sorry...I forgot we're supposed to limit our conversations here to one sentence posts. 

I meant to say;  LOL.  Suxors.  :P
    Avatar image for mustachedpagoda
    MustachedPagoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By MustachedPagoda
    @Cloudenvy: You should try again, once you get past some of the lower points, the game definitely picks up
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @MustachedPagoda said:
    " @Cloudenvy: You should try again, once you get past some of the lower points, the game definitely picks up "

We'll see, I will probably find the motivation to beat it when Half-Life 3 or Episode 3 inevitably gets announced at some point.

My gripe with it isn't really that it's a slow burn, I just don't find the shooting or the crazy amount of physics puzzles very satisfying.
    Avatar image for mustachedpagoda
    MustachedPagoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MustachedPagoda
    @Cloudenvy: I guess it can't be everybody's bag.  Definitely not as fast paced as the "modern shooter" at times.
    Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Eaxis

I really want to play Half life 1,2 ep1 and ep2. Such a huge game series I never played. I hope there's a big half off sale on steam soon.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @MustachedPagoda: 

It's weird though, I'm not really that much into most "modern shooters" either.

Half-Life 2 has always seemed like the game I should love (great characters, solid narrative etc.), but I just can't seem to like it which is a shame.
    JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By JJGIANT

I really like the source engine, but Portal 2 has me a bit underwhelmed visually. Some of the environments look SUPER similar to Half Life 2. i.e. The underground section
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @billnyethesciencepie said:

" @Cloudenvy: what part are you at? "

I more or less reached the point where you have to defend Lighthouse Point from a Combine attack.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Azteck

Eh, I have to disagree. It doesn't look that fantastic. Especially textures, ugh

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By s7evn
    @Azteck said:
    " Eh, I have to disagree. It doesn't look that fantastic. Especially textures, ugh "
    You can retexture the game with various high resolution mods. Fakefactory's mod comes to mind. Of course that requires downloading GB's of files.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Azteck
    @s7evn said:
    " @Azteck said:
    " Eh, I have to disagree. It doesn't look that fantastic. Especially textures, ugh "
    You can retexture the game with various high resolution mods. Fakefactory's mod comes to mind. Of course that requires downloading GB's of files. "
    I know, but I usually talk about how it looks out of the box when people talk about how it still looks good. And even so, graphic mods only make it look better sometimes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.