RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Q1: Even

Q2: NO!

I'm hoping for an AA reversal into a Small Package of Doom in mid air.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HHH is like an old man try to stay relevant. Its time to let it go hunter.

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

anyone else catch the botch in the AJ tag match last night? She tapped out to the Sharpshooter but the match proceeded; then was placed in the Sharpshooter again, tapped again, and this time the match concluded. It was quite odd for a few minutes there.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: I didn't know this, but my day is way better now.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#309  Edited By crusader8463

Does anyone in here play the WWE games on PS3? I'm wondering how active the community is and how easy it is to find people to play online several months after the new game comes out. I have not played a game since SvR09 and that was on the 360 but for several months after it came out there was always enough people online to usually find a group to fight against. If the online wasn't completely busted anyway.

I got hooked on that game by making a crap ton of CAWs and playing them online and am thinking I may give it another try with 2k14. Because both next gen require monthly fees to play online I doubt I will be getting one, so this will probably be my last chance to get to play one of these games as going forward they will probably be on platforms that I won't have.

Also, has there been any new features that have become standard since 09? Have they added a bunch more options to the CAW system? Have they fixed the broken and tedious system to level guys up? I remember needing to spend several hours leveling a guy up and then just copy and editing him for new CAWs because it was such a pain to level guys.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#310  Edited By MildMolasses

Q2: Yes

@vmehnert said:

anyone else catch the botch in the AJ tag match last night? She tapped out to the Sharpshooter but the match proceeded; then was placed in the Sharpshooter again, tapped again, and this time the match concluded. It was quite odd for a few minutes there.

I don't know how anyone missed it. That was horribly botched. I don't know if it was the ref's fault, or whoever it was that was distracting him at the time, but you figure that Natalya and AJ would have realized that there was no ref checking for a submission at the time. And for the love of God, could they not have improvised a different finish rather than going repeating the exact same sequence?

I think my favourite thing about it was how they cut right away to Vince walking down a hallway having to put on his camera face when you knew he was probably seething with rage at the shit he just watched

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmehnert said:

I don't know how anyone missed it. That was horribly botched. I don't know if it was the ref's fault, or whoever it was that was distracting him at the time, but you figure that Natalya and AJ would have realized that there was no ref checking for a submission at the time. And for the love of God, could they not have improvised a different finish rather than going repeating the exact same sequence?

I think my favourite thing about it was how they cut right away to Vince walking down a hallway having to put on his camera face when you knew he was probably seething with rage at the shit he just watched

It seems to me the ref was about to call it but Natalya let go of the hold too soon, then everyone handled the situation poorly.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By cmblasko

Only in professional wrestling can you make a man angry by NOT slapping him.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: I tried to find a clip to re-watch it only to discover that WWE put up a heavily edited version of it on youtube

Loading Video...

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#315  Edited By Roomrunner

Rollins gave a pretty great speach on Raw about getting rid of the old guard, and by the end of the show they were chased off by three of the oldest guys on the roster.

They better go somewhere with that. It would give the Shield purpose again. Though it will probably be forgotten, like when Ambrose cut a vicious promo on Christian, and then they never faced each other again.

Re : Wizard

1 - EVEN

2 - NO

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Does anyone in here play the WWE games on PS3? I'm wondering how active the community is and how easy it is to find people to play online several months after the new game comes out. I have not played a game since SvR09 and that was on the 360 but for several months after it came out there was always enough people online to usually find a group to fight against. If the online wasn't completely busted anyway.

I got hooked on that game by making a crap ton of CAWs and playing them online and am thinking I may give it another try with 2k14. Because both next gen require monthly fees to play online I doubt I will be getting one, so this will probably be my last chance to get to play one of these games as going forward they will probably be on platforms that I won't have.

Also, has there been any new features that have become standard since 09? Have they added a bunch more options to the CAW system? Have they fixed the broken and tedious system to level guys up? I remember needing to spend several hours leveling a guy up and then just copy and editing him for new CAWs because it was such a pain to level guys.

A lot of us has/had the past years game (on PS3 for me), but I found the online to be atrociously bad in those games, so I've never really played them online. Maybe that will change with the move to 2K. But I can't answer any of those questions since I never bother with any of the online functions except to download other people's CAWs (which is a busted system also)

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By katimanic

Q2: No

I accidently pvr'd something called Double Divas instead of Total Divas. I watched for like 5 mins before realizing :(.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#319  Edited By crusader8463

@turboman: I remembered svr09 being really busted online as well, but I loved playing it so much that I forced myself to fight through all the crap. My dream scenario is to get a GBWF (Giant Bomb Wrestling Federation) going on the site and have people fight in it. I think it could be fun. It's really up to the devs to build that kind of feature into it through. I wish they would take a year and just build all of that online stuff into the game.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut:

Question One: Even.

Question Two: Yes.

Great idea, by the way.

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Odd

2) YES!

CENA'S GUNNA TAP.

jk jk, I'M FEELING KRAZY BABY.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#322  Edited By papercut
No Caption Provided

Punk counters losing his best friend to Brock by stealing his

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: if WWE was smart, they would have had some kind of segment (maybe just on WWE's youtube) where they would ask the Brock Mark who he thought was going to win at Summerslam. He would have said Punk as Bork sneaks up behind the guy and then Bork would have thrown the guy into oblivion or something like that.

@turboman: I remembered svr09 being really busted online as well, but I loved playing it so much that I forced myself to fight through all the crap. My dream scenario is to get a GBWF (Giant Bomb Wrestling Federation) going on the site and have people fight in it. I think it could be fun. It's really up to the devs to build that kind of feature into it through. I wish they would take a year and just build all of that online stuff into the game.

@papercut was running a little side show for us a little while ago that was basically just VGCW but with all of us in it. I might be ok to commit to doing an online thing this year, but I'm probably going to just buy a next gen console and spend all my time playing stuff on PS4 over PS3.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: damn! she just deleted the picture. I must see this, it sounds fantastic!

---

Also, Total Divas once again gets a higher rating than they did last week... so successful job by the WWE.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#326  Edited By Milkman

Okay, I've been catching up on Raw today and here's some general thoughts.

• Wade Barrett won a match. I don't know what's real anymore.
  • Damien Sandow's new MITB briefcase is perfect.
  • Orton vs. Sandow was fun but the ending was bad.
  • The Shield's backstage promo was the bomb dot com. "If Andre the Giant's ghost isn't in this battle royale, then I ain't losing at SummerSlam" is one the best things I've heard on Raw in a long time.
  • Welp, you've finally done it, guys. You kept Natalya out of the ring for so long that she forgot how to wrestle.
  • Beyond the atrocity of actually watching this match, what is the logic behind having your women's champion tap out to some farting loser right before her big PPV match? Natalya vs. whatever Bella is going to be terrible.
  • go away triple h why are you here?
  • This Ring of Fire match is probably going to be dumb but I've enjoyed the build quite a bit, which is the nicest thing I've said about something involving Kane that didn't also involve Daniel Bryan in forever.
  • Kofi Kingston had a match.
  • So did The Usos and the Real Americans. It was pretty alright.
  • Here's four words I thought I would never say: MizTV was fucking awesome. Bryan calling Cena a parody of pro wrestling was hilarious and perfect. But a lot of credit for this segment goes to Cena as well. When he is motivated, Cena is just as good as anyone and it shows here. These two are perfect foils for each other. I can't wait for this match.
  • And then, the wet fart of an ending with Triple H running down looking like a smirky asshole telling everyone "hey, don't forget about me!!!" and Randy Orton then showing up to say "sup I, too, am still here." I'm extremely excited for Cena vs. Bryan but I would be way more excited without the threat of these two schmucks looming large to ruin the whole thing.
  • I skipped R-Truth vs. Fandango.
  • The battle royal was a super fun main event as battle royals always are and believe it or not, I'm actually perfectly fine with RVD vs. Ambrose. If RVD is going to stick around against my will, I'm fine with using him like this, though I would have rather seen Henry vs. Ambrose.
  • And I'm still trying to figure out what that last segment was suppose to be. Whatever, Punk vs. Lesnar will still be good.

That ended up longer than I anticipated. One last thing, this is apparently something that's going to happen which excites me greatly.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#327  Edited By musubi

@turboman said:

@demoskinos: damn! she just deleted the picture. I must see this, it sounds fantastic!

---

Also, Total Divas once again gets a higher rating than they did last week... so successful job by the WWE.

Shit. I should have saved it. It was... special that is for sure.

Blackmamba85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Blackmamba85

1) Even

2) YES

Motherfucker better tap.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grant you rustlemania!!!

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2ssDHN0hnwWNuKRliL3YOX6

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

First PPV in a while where I'm excited to see what's going to go down. The Bryan/Cena match I'm most looking forward to, but trailing closely behind is the Punk/Lesner match. One thing I hope doesn't happen is they mess up either one of those matches with some sort of stupidity.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By papercut

@milkman: Branndon Stroud is going to be on the Power Bombcast?!?!?!!!?

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to see Punk beat half of the shit out of him and walk away. I want Lesnar to appear unstoppable up until 16:30 in their match, and then Punk will do his thing and win.

Isn't that exactly what they did with Brock/Cena? People hated that

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#335  Edited By fattony12000

I haven't watched any American wrestling since the mid 90s, but I've had a growing urge to binge on, like, every match ever to catch back up. Is that a good idea/can I do that?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched any American wrestling since the mid 90s, but I've had a growing urge to binge on, like, every match ever to catch back up. Is that a good idea/can I do that?

No, but I'd be happy to give you a guide on what to see if you'd like.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Is it possible? Sure. Should you do it? Fuuuuuuuuck no.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punk/Cena Money in the Bank 2011 is a good start

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 said:

Punk/Cena Money in the Bank 2011 is a good start

Yeah, it's definitely the feud that brought me back into Wrestling from my little hiatus.

Hype Vid:

Loading Video...

Actual Match:

Loading Video...

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:
No Caption Provided

Punk counters losing his best friend to Brock by stealing his

hahah That's awesome.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By dazzhardy

@papercut:

Question 1: Odd

Question 2: No!

Also, how I want the main event to end. AA into roll up small package gets Daniel the win. Crowd goes nuts, Cena shakes his hand and leaves as a worn out Bryan celebrates. Orton's music hits, crowd erupts in a chorus of boos. Orton's cash in match starts, blows get exchanged, Bryan clearly out on his feet barely in the fight, Orton goes for an RKO, which gets countered into the YES!Lock. Cena loses, Bryan wins, Orton gets a heel turn. EVERYONES HAPPY :D

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut: I must of copied something wrong and cut it off or something >_>

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#347  Edited By Roomrunner

@fattony12000 said:

I stopped when you did, and came back after Punk did the epic "oops I broke the 4th wall" promo that led up to his Money in The Bank win. You'll catch up on everything relevant through osmosis eventually. It's kind of fun to find out about things that way.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superstars Spoilers for next week:

1. Natalya defeated Naomi.

2. Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston defeated The Prime Time Players.

Main Event Spoilers:

1. Alberto Del Rio defeated Cody Rhodes clean with the Cross Armbreaker.

2. The Usos defeated 3MB (Slater and McIntyre).

- They hyped both of SummerSlam's main events.

3. Big E Langston w/AJ Lee defeated Justin Gabriel.

Smackdown Spoilers:

- The Wyatt Family cut a promo about the Ring of Fire match. Kane interrupted them on the Titantron and then came out. He took out Harper and Rowan as Bray was watching. The segment ended with The Wyatt Family getting the upper hand and taking out Kane.

1. Christian defeated Damien Sandow with a Roll-up of Doom. After the match, Christian got attacked by Del Rio, who cut a promo saying that Christian would never win a title again. Christian ended up countering Del Rio's attack and hit the Killswitch.

- Renee Young interviewed RVD. Mark Henry and Big Show joined and said they would be taking on The Shield tonight.

2. AJ Lee and Layla defeated Kaitlyn and Natalya when AJ pinned Kaitlyn after the Shining Wizard.

- Renee Young interviewed Ryback. He attacked someone backstage.

3. Rob Van Dam, Mark Henry and Big Show defeated The Shield when Show hit the WMD on Ambrose and RVD hit the Five Star Frog Splash on him for the pin.

4. The Miz defeated Jack Swagger w/The Real Americans with a Roll-up of Doom.

5. Curtis Axel w/Paul Heyman defeated Zack Ryder with the McGillicutter. After the match, Heyman cut a promo about Punk.

6. Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett with a diving headbutt. During the match, Vince McMahon came out and, as Bryan was about to make Barrett tap out with the YES! Lock, he pulled the referee out and called Brad Maddox out, who came out in a ref shirt. The distraction led to Barrett hitting the Bullhammer on Bryan, but he managed to kick out. At one point, Maddox refused to make the count on a Bryan pin. Maddox gets knocked out at one point, so Triple H, in a referee shirt, comes out and counts the winning pin. After the match, Randy Orton's music and entrance video played, but he never came out. That ended the show.

This sums up my thoughts on the ending:

Man, my SummerSlam hype is down 1000%

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Question 1 - Even

Question 2 - Yes

Avatar image for mayormikeackbar
MayorMikeAckbar