The Wrestling Discussion Thread

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rebel_scum:At the end of the day, American wrestling is still lowbrow entertainment directed at backwards yokels. I don't think it's necessarily getting a free pass, it's just people realizing that it is what it is. It's the same thing with wrestlers' politics and for example how ready people are to accept that nobody at WWE knew about Vince until the lawsuits started coming.

@cornfed40: Like said, we really don't know whose idea it was. Occam's razor would point to the Young Bucks at least partially being responsible, since it's been their MO literally since 2009. They've been doing this for 15 years, so I'm just going to assume it's them.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retris: I would NEVER put a stupid idea past the Old Bucks. But I was really take aback by this quote directly from TK:

“Everyone knows that the most real thing in wrestling is the competition between the companies. The companies hate each other, and it will be a natural resource that powers the industry. They want to beat each other and take everybody's free agents, and that makes it interesting for everybody else."

Tony is fighting an unwinnable war that only exists in his own mind. Last week's episode was the closest to a "yeah, that put the asses in seats" moment weve had in a really long time. I really dont think the companies HATE each other, in the slightest. Nor do I think they "want to take everyone's free agents." Okada and Ospreay were MAJOR hires for AEW, and all theyve done is wrestled every single week since, completely devaluing the "big fight feel" those names carry and overexposing them to the fans that might not have been as knowledgable with their work. His second week in the company Ospreay was fighting Kyle Fletcher on Collision for Gods sake. Did you like that match? How about watching it for an hour at the next PPV?!?!? Dont even get me started on Mercedes. Good to see she still has no rhythm while dancing randomely and cant cut a decently realistic promo. In a company that MIGHT have 4-5 women on the roster good enough to work a full match with Botcha Banks without getting nearly crippled, one of whome is out pregnant, she should have both womens belts in no time after injuring 2/3 of the roster.

Meanwhile Cody has transformed himself from the guy that was getting boo'd by 9,000 strong AEW audiences, few short years latter and he is the most over babyface in the world. Jade debuted at the Rumble, then didnt have her actual first match until Wrestlemania.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not a drill. Chuck Taylor finally got to say shit on live TV. The boyhood dream has come true.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They did not have to go this hard or this horny with this poster for All Together. But they did and it's glorious.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anyone planning to go to AEW at Wembley this year? We are

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Khan wearing a neck brace for the NFL draft and the NFL announcers talking about how brave he is for powering through is exactly the kind of dumb fun that I love about American wrestling.