What are your top 10 Favorite movies of all time?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By Zirilius

In no particular order:

The Empire Strikes Back

Conan the Barbarian

The Goonies

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (early 90's)

Back to the Future

Inception

Terminator 2

Predator

Edit: Heat

Edit: Point Break

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. The Departed
  2. The Godfather Part I
  3. The Godfather Part II
  4. The Usual Suspects
  5. Forrest Gump
  6. The Matrix
  7. Terminator 2
  8. The Wolf of Wall Street
  9. Seven Samurai
  10. Fast Five
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#203  Edited By Giantstalker

Blade Runner, the final cut, ten times in a row

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, can't believe I forgot the funniest film of all time: "American Movie: The Making of Northwestern"! Please seek it out and watch it, duders!

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By thomasnash

1) Taxi Driver

Then, in no order:

*To Have And Have Not

*Heat

*Casablanca

*The Third Man

*Boyhood

*The Conformist

*The Wicker Man

*Blade Runner

*Withnail And I

I can get behind this list, although I have to question whether having Casablanca and To Have and Have Not is a redundancy. I mean, I know that the chemistry between Bogart and Bacall is amazing, and Lauren Bacall making sideways references to blowjobs is hotter than anything Ingrid Bergman does, but does that excuse it being pretty much an inferior clone of a cinematic titan?

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomasnash: If I was composing a more balanced, objective list, I'd probably just include Casablanca, but it's simply the films I've watched more than any others (save from Boyhood, which I included as I just saw it and was moved. It may not stand the test of time). I'm such a sucker for Bogart and Bacall, especially knowing that they fell in love on the set of THAHN. Bogarts reaction to "put your lips together and blow" is one of my all time favourite moments. His face! It's pretty much a man falling in love, in real life, on camera. I think it's probably funnier than Casablanca, if less witty. And I prefer Hoagy Carmichael to Dooley Wilson. Plus Bacall's song is the best.

What's your top ten?

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By thomasnash

@gregorygold said:

@thomasnash: If I was composing a more balanced, objective list, I'd probably just include Casablanca, but it's simply the films I've watched more than any others (save from Boyhood, which I included as I just saw it and was moved. It may not stand the test of time). I'm such a sucker for Bogart and Bacall, especially knowing that they fell in love on the set of THAHN. Bogarts reaction to "put your lips together and blow" is one of my all time favourite moments. His face! It's pretty much a man falling in love, in real life, on camera. I think it's probably funnier than Casablanca, if less witty. And I prefer Hoagy Carmichael to Dooley Wilson. Plus Bacall's song is the best.

What's your top ten?

Haha, yeah, I was mostly kidding, to be honest. THAHN Is good, although I've only seen it the once. I think it mostly suffers from just being bit woollier than Casablanca, which sets up 2 or 3 conflicts and weaves them together in a really smart way. It's properly laser focused. I do have to admit though that their interactions save many a film - if it wasn't for the Bogart and Bacall pairing The Big Sleep would be a bit forgettable to, in my opinion. Although Key Largo is legit brilliant.

Off the top of my head I'd say my top 10 at the moment is something like:

• The Third Man
  • Casablanca
  • Upstream Color
  • Lessons of Darkness
  • Chinatown
  • Blade Runner (Director's Cut obv)
  • Barton Fink
  • The Godfather Part II
  • Unforgiven
  • The Ladykillers (original with Alec Guiness, obv)

Although I'm a bit tired so I'm probably forgetting about films I do prefer to some of those, particularly the last 3 where nothing immediately leapt out at me!

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. This Is Spinal Tap
  2. One of the good Star Wars movies
  3. Team America: World Police (I forgot about this until someone else posted it)
  4. who cares I'm going to go watch Spinal Tap again
Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have the fortitude to put them in order or write summaries of why I like them, but here's my top 10:

• Alien
  • Aliens
  • Star Wars
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Vampire Hunter D
  • Castle in the Sky
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • Batman (the old one)
  • Jurassic Park
  • Indiana Jones
jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This are my top10 favorite:

1 The Dictator

2 Night at the Museum

3 Superman

4 The Dark Knight

5 Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

6 Forest Gump

7 Shaolin Soccer

8 Tropic Thunder

9 Thunder Struck

10 Terminator 2: Judgment Day

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giyanks22: this list is great just becasue of blazing saddles

"where all the white women at?"

BerserkingGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#212  Edited By BerserkingGuts

In no particular order:

• Big Trouble in Little China
  • The Goonies
  • Hot Fuzz
  • Predator
  • Aliens
  • Die Hard
  • The Last Samurai
  • The Great Escape
  • Braveheart
  • 28 Days Later

And a few honorable mentions for my own satisfaction include: Schindler's List, HaraKiri, Saving Private Ryan, Memento, The Prestige, Gladiator, The Lion King, A Clockwork Orange, Seven, Ran, Scarface, Halloween, The Thing, Kagemusha, The Twilight Samurai.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Seven Samurai

The Apu Trilogy

The Godfather I & II

Rocky I & II

Scarface

Back to the Future trilogy

Grave of the Fireflies

Drunken Master II

Battle Royale

My Sassy Girl

Aamod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanic and Troy is my favorite movies.

Avatar image for spencermartin94
spencermartin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By spencermartin94

These are my top 10 favorite movies of right now. I may edit the list every now and then.

1. Apocalypse Now (1979) Francis Ford Coppola
  2. A Clockwork Orange (1971) Stanley Kubrick
  3. Goodfellas (1990) Martin Scorsese
  4. The Graduate (1967) Mike Nichols
  5. Taxi Driver (1976) Martin Scorsese
  6. Dr. Strangelove (1964) Stanley Kubrick
  7. Annie Hall (1977) Woody Allen
  8. The Green Mile (1999) Frank Darabont
  9. Reservoir Dogs (1992) Quentin Tarantino
  10. The Empire Strikes Back (1980) Irvin Kershner

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Sinusoidal

I've come back to this thread about a dozen times over the years and never made a post. I decided this time to just wing it and ring off a bunch I really like. Or at least remember really liking.

• Apocalypse Now
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Miyazaki in general really)
  • Paprika (Satoshi Kon in general really)
  • Godfather
  • The Fly (Cronenberg in general really, I'm a big fan of body horror)
  • Hard Core Logo (Bruce McDonald... you get the point)

I'm sure I've missed a whole bunch. Whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Can I do a top 100 in no order? It's impossible to narrow down thousands of films into a top 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1. Lawrence of Arabia
  2. Return of the King
  3. Lost in Translation
  4. The Wind Rises
  5. Interstellar
  6. Good Will Hunting
  7. Forrest Gump
  8. Midnight In Paris
  9. Gladiator
  10. Empire of the Sun

I actually have like, a top 20, and the order of them changes depending on my mood.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad Max: Fury Road 10 times obviously

Avatar image for spencermartin94
spencermartin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By spencermartin94

@horseman6: I see what you mean. I've been going crazy trying to narrow down my top 10 favorite films, I watched The Graduate today, loved it, now I have to reorganize the entire list just to add this one film that I thought was fantastic.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#221  Edited By Hamst3r

Hmm, at least for the moment, they would probably be:

• Departures (2008)
  • Flash Gordon
  • Four Lions
  • Brazil
  • Castaway on the Moon
  • Yojimbo
  • Barbarella
  • Being John Malkovich
  • Dr.Strangelove
  • Fargo

10 is a really limiting number though, there are a lot of films I see as equally enjoyable to these that could have been on the list.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Without looking I'm going to name the first 10 movies that pop into my head again. Obviously my list will be identical, because the first ones that pop into my head are objectively the best ones.

• Brick
  • Die Hard
  • Inception
  • Zoolander
  • Hero
  • Her
  • Gangs of New York
  • Moonrise Kingdom
  • Back To The Future
  • 10 Things I Hate About You

And now to compare...

Brick, The Royal Tenenbaums, Wayne's World, Reservoir Dogs, Back to The Future, Inception, The Silence of The Lambs, Nausicaa of The Valley of The Winds, Shutter Island, and O Brother Where Art Thou.

Edit: Fuck, Die Hard!

Fuck, Reservoir Dogs!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

i can give you a completely different 10 tomorrow to this impossible question but...

• rashomon
  • network
  • persona
  • masculin feminin
  • 3 women
  • millennium actress
  • magnolia
  • holy motors
  • 21 grams
  • pan's labyrinth
MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By MeMonk

I am going to limit it to 1 movie per franchise

• Aliens
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  • Terminator 2
  • Predator
  • Old Boy (Original)
  • The Raid
  • Willow (better than any of the Lord of the Rings movies)
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Die Hard
  • I Saw the Devil
slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@hamst3r: Flash Gordon. I respect you so much.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

2. The Lord of the Rings - Trilogy...its one movie folks.

3. The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)

4. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

5. Star Wars : A new Hope (1977)

6. Yojimbo (1961)

7. It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

8. Die Hard (1988)

9. Monty Python's The Life of Brian

10. Pulp Fiction (1994)

12 HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Million Dollar Baby (2004), Jaws (1975), The Great Escape (1963), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), Seven Samurai (1954), Schindler's List (1993), Saving Private Ryan (1998), Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), The Maltese Falcon (1941), Showgirls (1995), Bugsy Malone (1976)

Avatar image for grizzlemanizzle
GrizzleMaNizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By GrizzleMaNizzle

1. The Piano Teacher (About a middle-aged masochistic piano teacher who struggles with the oppression she feels in life. Haneke's masterpiece)

2. Spirited Away & Howl's Moving Castle (Can't pick between them)

3. Funny Games(1997 - Haneke's statement piece against the brutal violence depicted in films. One of the only movies where the remake is just as good as the original, most probably because Haneke filmed it shot-for-shot, and also because he did a brilliant job re-casting.)

4. Nightcrawler

5. Headhunters (A brilliant Norwegian Action/Thriller. The twists in this film keep coming. I hope it never gets re-made into an English version)

6. OldBoy(2003 - Original is far superior in every way)

7. Benny's Video (A dark examination of a boy's unhealthy obsession with violent videos, and how he views the world through his video camera)

8. Drive

9. The Grand Budapest Hotel

10. Pan's Labyrinth

Honourable Mentions: Grave of the Fireflies, Barefoot Gen, Letters from Iwo Jima, The Impossible, The Pianist, A Clockwork Orange, Julia's Eyes, Gran Torino, Breathe In

pontoon_yacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By pontoon_yacht

OK here's some kind of rudimentary top-10 list.

1) O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I grew up in the south, and all of my family is from the south, so the aesthetic of this movie, although antiquated feels like home. It's a gorgeous looking film. The sepia-toned adjustments they did to the film make it seem depressed, which works, because at its heart it is a clever quirky film about the Great Depression. The acting, the pact, the music, all of it comes together in a very special movie for me. The music. It was good enough to win Album of the Year as a soundtrack. It's Southern Gothic Noir but funny, and who else could do that but the Cohens.

2) The Right Stuff

This is a historical movie that could have been really dull to look at, and chock-full of boring American patriotic tropes. But it's not. For one, the book it's based on is crafted in such a way as to mimic the emotions and perspectives of the test pilots. They don't get the hoopla. They don't understand why sitting in a rocket you cannot actually fly is such a huge deal to everyone. So scenes like the announcement of the Mercury 7, when the journalists are flipping out and the astronauts are sitting there feeling uncomfortable, you're getting their side of the fence. In the same way, the movie is beautiful. It almost feels at times like they chopped the movie up and gave it to different arthouse directors and cinematographers to shoot. The silent horserace through the desert. Breaking the sound barrier. The training sequences. It feels like an indie movie at times, and it does it a big favor. It's the story of heroes who don't really know they're heroes, and it's told in a stunning way.

3) Memento

What can I say about this movie. I saw it after all the hooplah about it, once it was out on VHS. I rented it. It was everything it actually is. I ended the movie going "Jesus fucking Christ" and feeling like I needed to immediately watch it again. That ending. What a dark, dour, sad, pessimistic ending. That ending leaves a taste in your mouth. A bad one. In a good way.

4) Casablanca

Picture me, 19 year-old-Jeff, in an introductory-level freshmen film class in college. It's called "Cinema Studies," and we watch movies and talk about them. Professor says he's putting on Casablanca, and I kinda groan. I don't want to watch some dumb old movie that old people talk about. I want to watch something cool and awesome, like Memento. And they I watched it. And every single part of that movie's fame made sense to me. Yes, it's got some cheesy old-school Hollywood shine to it, like the really blurry lens when they cut to Bergman. But the shadows. God, the shadows. The acting. Bogart's stone face as he crafts his plan. The scenes. Him getting piss drunk after she shows back up, showing the vulnerability of his hard-ass character. The end. That fucking ending. Fuck it, it's one of the few classic films that deserves every praise it gets. Which brings us to...

5) 12 Angry Men

Lots of people have listed this one so far, so I cannot think of anything to say that they didn't, except to say that this movie knows pacing better than any other movie. Think about the movie like a piece of classical music. It lulls, then grows in tension and pace until BAM, you get the knife scene. And what follows it? Arguing, that slowly lets off, until people are back calm again.

6) The Great Escape

It's a movie that, despite being an ensemble cast wherein people really want to get their own airtime, wasn't afraid to minimize Steve McQueen, arguably their biggest star, until the very end. And that makes for a great series of smaller stories within the bigger story.

7) Apollo 13

How do you make people feel suspense in a historical movie? A lot of people don't even try. The audience knows the ending already. In this case, (almost all of) the audience knows the ending already. Usually, directors take the approach of simply making your historical drama be really over-the-top with visual effects, or additional pieces of the story are added to keep people's attention (Ala, Titanic). Ron Howard went the opposite route with this one. What if, for a historical drama, you use good ol'fashioned Hollywood tricks, like big camera sweeps, tight emotional shots, manipulating time, to create a real feeling of suspense in a movie everyone already knows the ending to? That's what Ron Howard did. And he made a masterful piece of cinema.

8) Bullitt

Bullitt is so fucking cool. I want to dress like him. I want to lean against things like he does. I want to carry a shoulder holster under a tweed blazer like him. I want to get a 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback. I want to be melancholy about my own role in a violent world. I'm not a film historian, but I do think this movie invented the idea of your star detective in a cop movie not being Mr. Johnny American Gonna Catch The Crooks And Beat Them Up. The character, Bullitt, in the movie, is kind of a mess. He's not got it all together. He cannot keep a romantic partner. He lives in a sloppy one-bedroom apartment. His weekly diet consists of frozen meals he picks up at the local Chinese corner store. He chugs tomato juice to try and recover for the next day of work after sleep an hour and a half. He's a mess. But the vulnerable cop trope is one I think you can trace back to this incredibly stylish detective story.

9) Zodiac

This is a criminally (lol) underrated and under-appreciated movie. This movie should be fucking awful. How do you make a movie about an unsolved crime? Do you just pretend to solve it at the end? Fuck if Fincher didn't up and do it. He crafts the movie to be about the people who are either directly (cops and detectives) or tangentially (reporters and a cartoonist obsessed with puzzles) connected to the case, how it impacted them, and their own obsessions about catching an obsessive killer. The way it handles the mystery of unknown is spectacular. Even in the end, where you're kinda pointed into the direction of who you think should be the suspect, you still feel doubt. Just like actual detectives felt about this case. Also, in proper Fincher style, the whole thing looks dark and murky and grey.

10) The Social Network

Some of this is biased by the fact that I research social media for a living, but I really do love the story this tells, and how it tells it. Making a movie based on a current-day pop-culture monolith is hard to do, but this movie treats it well, giving split time between how the thing itself came to be, and the kinds of people who would make such a thing (Or claim they did). Sorkin was well-suited to writing it too, as the kinds of Harvard assholes who would sue each other for billions of dollars would talk like an Aaron Sorkin script.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Not sure if I've replied in this thread before, but here goes, in no particular order:

• The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
  • District 9 (2009)
  • Contact (1997)
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
  • Watchmen (2009)
  • Rushmore (1998)
  • Children of Men (2006)
  • The Truman Show (1998)
  • Spirited Away (2001)
  • Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

I got through 6 then had to stop and think. I could easily have put Guardians of the Galaxy, Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future, Dr. Strangelove, Lost in Translation, or any other number of films I'm currently forgetting, on the list. So I'll just say this is highly unscientific and not set in stone.

zigzagwanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order...

Fight Club
Inception
Gladiator
Pulp Fiction
Project A
Reservoir Dogs
Police Story
Wheels on Meals
Phone Booth
Rush Hour 2

Not a huge movie guy, but I grew up watching a lot of Hong Kong 80s martial arts flicks (which accounts for a lot of my list).

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#234  Edited By TwoLines

Eh, I ain't gonna rank 'em.

Yojimbo

Groundhog Day

Die Hard/Die Hard 3

The Thing

Citizen Kane

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

Contact

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

If I were to make a list, if might be something like this:

1. Burn After Reading
  2. Requiem for a Dream
  3. Cube
  4. Alien
  5. The Truman Show
  6. Shaun of the Dead
  7. Moon
  8. Eternal Sunshine Of the Spotless Mind
  9. Fargo
  10. Contact
MrSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackie Brown - killer soundtrack. De Niro and Jackson are fantastic together.

Crossroads -,killer soundtrack. Not the Britney garbage.

Casino - Jo Pesci top performance

Raging Bull - De Niro top performance

Goodfellas - intense uncomfortable viewing but fantastic from start to finish

Godfather 2 - the pinnacle just so good.

Pulp fiction - all star cast that work well together in a ridiculous but very well directed film.

Snatch - hilarious

Revolver - mark strong is incredible and statham.

Rocky - timeless

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order:

Goodfellas

Training Day

Shawshank redemption

Terminator 2

The Dark Knight

Rocky

Toy Story

Robocop

Die Hard

Heat

Alien

Catch Me If You Can

I could sit here and agonise over this list all day.

mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By mortal_sb

in no order and off the top of my head.

Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives

Post Tenebras Lux

Oslo 31 August

Lost in Translation

Riding alone for thousands of miles

The Son's Room

In the mood for love

Tropical Malady

All the real girls

shotgun stories

honorable mentions: night moves, primer, cold weather, quiet city usa, fitzcarraldo, the yellow sea, the lord of the rings, crash (cronenberg), it's such a beautiful day, the death of mr lazarescu, the turin horse, the great beauty, the hill, angst

mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

This is a general Top 10. The ranking has changed over the years and some positions you can flip flop, but these are basically my favorite movies:

1. OldBoy (2003)
  2. Network (1975)
  3. Synecdoche, New York (2008)
  4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
  5. Apocalypse Now (1979) (my preferred version is Redux)
  6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
  7. The Big Lebowski (1998)
  8. Casablanca (1942)
  9. Battle Royale (2001)
  10. Veritgo (1958)

Other films that have been on this list in the past:

• Dr. Strangelove (1964)
  • The Godfather Part II (1974)
  • My Sassy Girl (2001)
  • A Clockwork Orange (1971)
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big movie fan, but in no particular order:

Jurassic Park, Song of the Sea, Amelie, Birdman, Spirited Away, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, uhh, Space Jam, eh fuck it, I give up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not in any order:

The Fifth Element (1997)

Wet Hot American Summer (2001)

The Terminator (1984)

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

The Evil Dead (1981)

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010)

Orgazmo (1997)

The Secret World Of Arrietty (2010)

Four Lions (2010)

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no order and the first ones that come to mind, because I'm too lazy to think about it properly:

• Pulp Fiction

• Birdman

• Kill Bill (1 & 2)

• Shaun Of The Dead

• Hot Fuzz

• Reservoir Dogs

• The Big Lebowski

• Fargo

• Trance

• Godfather / Goodfellas / Taxi Driver (can't decide which, love them but haven't watched in a long time)

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Godfather

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Akira Kurosawa's "Ran"

Die Hard

The Wrestler

Terminator 2

True Lies

The Predator

Unbreakable

A League of Their Own

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Back to the Future

The Dark Knight

Star Wars

Heat

The Godfather Part II

Goodfellas

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Toy Story

Rear Window

Good Will Hunting

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By petethepanda

In no particular order, aside from the tied #1s:

1. Lost in Translation

1. Wall-E

Back to the Future

Star Wars IV

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

In Bruges

500 Days of Summer

Toy Story

City Lights

The Brothers Bloom

And some others that could easily wind up on the list depending on what my mood happens to be the next time I think about it: The Third Man, How To Train Your Dragon, The Conversation, Men in Black, Rocky, Hot Fuzz, Tangled, Eternal Sunshine, Up, Modern Times, Stranger than Fiction, Fellowship of the Ring, Terminator 2, The Incredibles, The Iron Giant, Rushmore, The Social Network, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and probably another two dozen I'm forgetting. I'm exercising some incredible restraint in not editing this post to oblivion.

The 60s and the 90s never seem to come to me very often when I think about favorites, even though I grew up during the latter.

Ringedwithtile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@petethepanda said:

The 60s and the 90s never seem to come to me very often when I think about favorites, even though I grew up during the latter.

Man, the 60's were such a vibrant time for film. So many countries firing on all cylinders, it was nuts.

StealthRUSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 81

#250  Edited By StealthRUSH

1. All About Lily Chou-Chou (2001)

2. Princess Mononoke (1997)

3. Donnie Darko (2001)

4. Akira (1988)

5. Oldboy (2003)