The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

masonschwalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5801  Edited By masonschwalm

@eccentrix: YES!!! OMG! At first I wasn’t sure because when I looked it up on YouTube just now, all the clips showed a cockpit as well as a hand on the control stick. However, once I had a name and something that seemed really, really, close to what I remembered, I kept on digging and after I saw the logo, box art, and then stumbled upon footage of someone w/ the username Artyum Havok playing it (whereupon he showed how there’s a checkbox for “Hand In Cockpit” which you can change in the settings, as well as the ability to change to an outside the ship and a first person/borderless POV), and once I heard the music start up and saw that first level, there was no doubt about it. That’s it! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!🙏😊 I’m going to go and see if I can find a way to play it on my current PC right now.

Boba123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello. I'm new in this, but this is my last chance to find the game that i have played in 2000s. I remember that the game start with mission to practise shooting in bottles and then you go in the ditch to kill enemies. The other mission i remeber is that you have to go under the bridge and put tnt on it to destroy it. The main thing i remember is that the game icon on desktop was two crossed guns. If anyone finds anything familiar with this, please be free to answer. Sorry for my bad grammar. Thank you all.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boba123456: Maybe something in the Brothers in Arms series?

Boba123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollywoo: it's more like a single player game, like there is only your character and it has a similar beginning like CoD 2.

CesarFalkonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, I've been trying to find the name of this game for years. It was a CD game (2 CD's) and I was a kid (back in 2007) so I can not really remember the game name. I will try to describe whatever I can remember from the game. Please help me if you can.

The game was an first person and mouse-only game. Graphics were so awesome concerning the year. The game would start with two guards dragging you and threw you into a bottomless well or a hole. Inside the hole you would see bones shattered around. By placing bones on top of each other you would manage to get out. Outside, you could see a high wall, city wall, with guards and watchers standing on top of it. On the way you would see some tents, one of them bigger than the others. Inside were some people, who gave you mini games to complete, in the big tent sat chief, if you would fail the minigame, I suppose it was axe throw or sth.,he would kill you. Beneath the city wall you would be warned by city guards, saying they will kill you if you get any closer, and would kill you if you do so. Your aim was to save a princess, trapped and chained inside the castle. When I somehow, I don't really remember how I could get past those guards, manage to get to the princess you would see she is chained down and asks for help. But as the game was 2 CD's and my second CD was scratched I couldn't get any further.

cxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, I am trying to find this game that I played within the last two years (2022-2023). I was certain it was in iOS because it is basically the only place I play games but couldn't find it in my App Store purchase history so here I am.

The genre of the game is mystery/detective. The storyline is about a village with rumors of a witch enchanting wild beasts to attack people and the main character (detective) goes to that village to uncover the truth behind rumors. The graphic style of the game is close to photorealistic and the color theme is fairly toned down with a gloomy vibe. There are a couple of things I remember when playing the game:

1. At one point, I need to fix a car so the detective can get to the village

2. At the end of that ride, the detective was attacked by a bear

3. In the village, the detective helped various villagers with different tasks. I remember one of the villagers has a horse and one task is related to it, another villager is a witch

4. (spoiler) At the end of the game, the detective goes inside a gold mine-like scene and finds various beasts locked inside. He also found props like eyeglasses with red lights for these beasts to wear so they would appear monster-like. One of the villagers is behind this because he wants to keep outsiders out for some reasons that I don't remember.

cxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi, another game I want to find is the one I played back around 2010-2012. It is an iOS game I played on a friend's iPad, where the main character (a little girl) is walking in a very dark room with a grid pattern on the floor and some grids have spiral holes on them that should be avoided. The challenging part of the game is that a lamp this little girl can only light up a small part of the floor so the player needs to remember the location of holes to walk across the room safely. As far as I remember, the color theme of the game is close to monotone, like black-and-white ish.

ImmortalLen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, it's a PC game I played for either Windows 95 or 98. Its main mode is a storybook-like campaign in a medieval fantasy setting, 2D sprites. It had a robust editor mode where you could create scenes and move characters to make rudimentary animations and stories. I think it had a European cartoony art style. I believe a robot suit of armor was involved, along with a band of monsters and orcs attacking the kingdom. I think there were other types of stories that used this system but this was the only one I had. I don't remember any names so I'm stumped on what it could be.

HajiDanial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5811  Edited By HajiDanial

In this PC game, you take command of a submarine. It was, I think, yellow. I recall piranhas being one of your foes, and you shoot torpedoes. It had a cartoony, vibrant appearance. Although I'm not sure, I'd imagine the year to be 1990–1998 or something.

candyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I'm looking for a game I had played on armor games before, it was this futuristic alien game where you play as a blue haired girl with little antennas coming out of her head, and you were on a ship and this other black girl like, helped you go through trials of testing your power and weapons.

I played it on a browser, so i didnt need to download it to play, and it was an rpg/indie game.

I only played through the beginning, so I don't have any specifics, but if anyone knows the name of this game, could you tell me? Thanks.

ReisLp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5813  Edited By ReisLp

Hello,

the game I am looking for is a difficult 2d platformer. I remember snow-themed levels with walking snowballs and ice cubes as enemies.

The ice cube had googly eyes and once you jumped on it they turned to x_x. Once you jumped on the dead ice cube it would slide into the horizontal direction pushed towards and bounce off of walls.

I think I used to play it in the browser.

That is all I remember, I hope someone knows this game and can tell me.

Kessany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good day everyone!

I am really desperate and this is my only chance here.. Looking for a few years old mobile game (maybe 2014-15).

I don't remember much about the gameplay but i think it was kind of a battle card fantaisie game. You had to collect puzzle fragment on cards to drop them. The rarest the card was the more puzzle piece you had to collect to drop the card.

I think the rarity border for the cards was set in this order : blue>green>purple>orange.

When you collect a card you could go collecte a reward (must be diamond) in the card collection book or something like that.

I think you evolved through levels and different world but there was a pvp system and a ranking tournament and you would have a reward according to your rank every week or so maybe.

It's all foggy i'm sorry i could only remember that.. Hope someone can help me, much thanks! (sorry for my very bad english)

PresleyOdu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this game 3 to 4 years ago. It was an rpg game for Android phones. The premise of the game was that you were an adventurer who embarked on a quest to free the Elementals from being controlled by an evil being. Along the way you would fight monsters like trolls, ghosts and lava monsters. The graphics of the game itself wasn't all that good but it was manageable. Do you perhaps know the name of this game?

iManEnayati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excuse me, but I just wanted to know of this forum is still active.

I have a question but I'm not seeing any post more recent than 12 yrs ago!

GravestheLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone, i am 25 and i am serching for an old game i played on my father's pc when i was young (early 2000).

It was a robot themed rpg or maybe an action game, in 1st person if i can remember correctly where u could mind controle other robot.

I dont think it was supposed to be a game for childs, and i can remind behing in jail (ingame) and having to use the mind controle ability to find a way out.

I dont think the game was a huge hit as i can't find any trace of it anywhere, i would be very gratefull if someone could hint me as i would like to try to play.

Thank you to anyone reading this message.

Have a nice day.

Bunchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5819  Edited By Bunchy

Hey y'all, I can't seem to find the name of this 2d side-scrolling platformer/vehicle combat hybrid flash game & or rom hack of sorts

It was gritty & pixelated/neo-geo styled (The closest thing to it stylewise is metal slug 3)

It was set during/after an alien invasion & the intro screen showcased a city's street with a crater with an overturned car next to/in it aswell as a giant mothership in the sky I can't recall any of the text, there was also a theme that played during the intro.

You played as regular cars modified to have guns attached to the sides, You mainly fought aliens, There was also a upgrade screen at the end of each level that allowed you to get better weapons / more abilities for your car, At the cost of money that you would gain for each alien killed.

The cars angles were fixed, There was 0 actual physics the cars worked like mario did in the original Mario Bros. game

The first level's end included a armored truck with shot out tires & guys in body armor shooting at a alien battle mech/tripod of sorts (I vividly remember it being a SWAT truck or something law enforcement related) & you had to assist them/destroy it to progress.

That's mostly everything i could remember off my head, please reply because this one's been on my mind since the day i came across it!!

I hope to get some sort of closure by posting it here.

Qazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5820  Edited By Qazo

Hey yall I’m tryna find this game I used to play a few years or so ago when I was a kid. My memory isn’t the greatest and the game definitely could’ve been a flash game so please bear with me here. It was around mid to late 2010s when I played it but it looked a little old so I assume it came out some time between the late 2000s and early 2010s. It was a game that was clearly geared to little girls and had a lot of purple and blue coloring. Might’ve been a sandbox. The one section of the game I remember is a big light purple (maybe mixed with blue) tree with little tags or something that you could write wishes on. If it wasn’t wishes it was some other form of text. The game might’ve included fairies?? I know this is super vague but this is all I can muster up and it brings me a lot of nostalgia so I’d love to be able to find out what this game actually is. Thank you to anyone that took the time to read this. I hope that I or one of you find this game as soon as humanly possible!!

FALLENLEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it’s a 2 dimensional simulation game that I played in the early 2000s prolly like 2012ish. I don’t remember a lot but I remember there was things I think would explode and the where oil cans but they said the word oil on them. It may have been a game where you have to get past levels more like any other 2d game with levels that took skill and puzzle solving abilities. It could’ve been a simulation game tho I really don’t remember

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

TheClazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a game I been wanting to play for long time any gamer feel free to help me description below.

1. This game that had to been downloaded.

2. It's is played on a PC and solo player game

3. It's and action game with guns in an start of apocalypse world where the MC has to kill tons of monsters and insects a like.

4. He get powers from killing the said monster and insects and bullets

5. The main character had to roam different areas or different levels .

6.This game is mostly from 2010s from as early as 2007 to as late 2015.

Please help me

DanHaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to seem weird I’m sure. It was on either the Genesis or SNES. The intro had a woman (possibly the protagonists girlfriend) getting captured in a hell like setting. The music in the background seemed like a rip off of “quit playing games with my heart” by the Backstreet Boys. That I literally all I remember

jamesnozyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im sure this is an easy one, but Im blanking. Its a vertical arcade shooter from the 80s. I always get it mixed up with Twin Bee, which it isnt. (game room recently jogged my memory of this).

eelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi im in desperate need for help

im looking for a ps2 game, its an rpg game and you are some sort of royal guard or soldier. you receive a lot of quests to fight different bosses, the one i remember best was a magic wolf that could teleport and start fires around you, he lves in a forest and you fight him wheil ine the yard of an abandoned house. the main character was wearing a long white coat with blue trim, and he had blue hair. its a 3d game, almost an open world but exploring was rather difficult as you couldn't go anywhere a mission didnt take you, i played this game all the time as a kid and im desperate to find it again

if anyone could help id be forever grateful

Guilem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5827  Edited By Guilem

Help me find this childhood game. 90s until before 2004.

It's not Battle City!

Probably NES or Master System game. Top down vision like Super Contra Area 2. A tank walking around large maps. It has a weak attack that fire half moon shaped energy. It has a strong attack that fire a big energy ball from the cannon and kicks the tank back a little. There's a power up that is a circle like machine that follows me and protects from enemy's fire.

I remember a boss where there's a large hole between the tank and him and we need to shoot each other.

stiknrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was an arcade game I remember playing back in the 90s. It was a beat-em-up style game the character was a male and you could make out with girls and I remember there was like a tagging on the wall that was a mouth where if you went up to it, it would heal you by licking you. Game was kinda pervy

alexespinhosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to find an old 2D game of mummy's.

I remember it was a kind of platform maze where u should find your way going up/down through some stairs, to catch a sword that u could throw on the mummy to kill it. And u have to get a key or some other object to go to the next phase. I remember to play it on PC, and probably was Windows Millennium, and I thing the year was 2000 ou 2002.

And it looks a lot like this link.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/baby-mummys-curse/videos/ell3tjock-plays-baby-mummys-curse

That's all I remember.

I hope someone can help me.

edwards22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5830  Edited By edwards22

computer game where you develop a city Its this. Big map. Very simplistic.

And it has like little. Colorful people avatars that u drop on places??? and the colors mean stuff you can do

jijiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC horror game related to insomnia/sleep paralysis and cinderella

I think the game was about a white haired girl who had some kind of sleep paralysis and/or insomnia problem and she had to survive the night while scary versions of her stepmothers stalked her (thats why i thinks it was based on the cinderella story, but im not really sure).

The unique thing you can do in the game is move your camera while you are in bed, and you can click on things to recover sanity/life (wich was represented as a heart that gets covered with thorny branches), and you had to move your camera to deal with the stepmothers. I know that the game has/had a steam page.

ExhausteD64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5832  Edited By ExhausteD64

Hey Guys :)

I have been stuck on this for literally years.

What I remember about the game is that it was in the Apple App Store somewhere around 2014, maybe a bit earlier or later. It’s a mobile game where you have to defend a point from incoming trucks and/or tanks. you would do this by tapping the screen which would shoot rockets to wherever you tapped and you’d have to time it so the rockets would hit the trucks. It was a more or less top down game with a military theme and different type of rocket launchers you could switch between. The enemies would come in waves (I think) and each level comprised of a few waves.

I used to play this game with a childhood friend of mine all the time on our familys ipad and it’s been driving me crazy because I can’t figure out the name for the life of me, so this is probably mine last chance to ever find it. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

AndrewDenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 27 now and I trying to remember a game I played when I was very young. It was a 2d platformer I played on Windows XP. I didn't know how to read then so I have no idea what its name was.

You played as 3 characters, one every level and then each of them again until the game was finished I think, but I never finished it. It was cartoonish, I think it had a Looney Tunes vibe, really wacky and funny for a kid, but not necessarily with the same characters.

What I do remember is that the first levels were on a ship, then later in the game the ship sank and you'd be somewhere in the arctic, you could see the ship sinking in the distance and made your way to safety jumping on pieces of ice and afterwards in some kind of castle.

Also I remember you could attack using the space bar and the 3 characters had some melee weapons one of them had a baseball bat and another a hammer.

And there were some collectible items, I remember one of them was a piece of chocolate cake which had something to do with health. And there was some item which had a small sprite in the form of an old tv and that unlocked some kind of mini game.

Avatar image for ellas1anonymous
Ellas1anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, so this is very vague but it used to be my favourite game as a child so maybe it's worth a shot:

It was a puzzle game with the intent to escape what was probably an old factory. I think there were two games in the series, and one of them ended with a white tunnel leading outside (that I think might have started as a circle or a cube and then changed its shape as the pov moved forwards through it). I think one of them started on the roof of the factory, at night.

It was a first person POV type of games, and there were several rooms that you needed to pass through in order to finish the game. In each room there were puzzles you had to solve. I don't remember the game having an story or plot behind other then being stuck in that factory and having to escape but I might be wrong.

Unfortunately that's all I have... Hope someone can help me! This game is one of my best childhood memories:)

Andrei712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find an very old game i played around 2000/2001 on tv console the one with diskette, i think it was NES or something like that. So you had multiple figurines(cards) and you had to move them on a map, damaging the enemies, you had turns and multiple figurines/cards to control. I remember that the text was in japanese or chinese. From the first day i broke the case so i remember it was a really big chip :)).

Thank you,

darkwanderer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys,

For years, I have been thinking of this particular game on-and-off but could never manage to find it on Google, etc.

It has this guy in sort of like a spacesuit, exploring this underground cavern (? I think?), perhaps in the future on Earth or in another world. I think he's looking for water. And somehow, the word 'grail' ties in to this game, but it's not Monty Python though; that seems to be the general consensus Google comes up with. Oh, and it came out in around maybe 1996? 1997?

Appreciate all the help I could get! Sorry I can't think of more description, I don't even remember much of the game. Cheers.

kyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright this is an ABSOLUTE shot in the dark but, i was talking to a friend about these old computer games i used to play and i could not for the life of me remember this ones name

I used to play this game in the early 2000s maybe around 2007 (just a guess)

it was an online pc game where you would travel around this town and go do mini games and chat with other people and create your own little avatar.

as you did these different mini games you would gain experience and once you gained enough you would level up and the way they showed that was you would get older, so a cake would come on the screen with your new age and you'd be able to explore more of the town because you leveled up.

unfortunately this is all that i can remember from the game as i was like 11 playing it but i do know for sure it was only on the computer and it was definitely a web browser game.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hi. My friend is trying to remember a game. It was a Real Time Strategy game running on Windows 98.

Final Fantasy 15

Nonodesperado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi !

I’m looking for this game i played on PC during the years 2000’S / early 2010’s.

It was a point’n’click adventure. The style was 2D and cartoonish (not pixelated). The camera follows the character scene to scene, from the side. It’s static when in a scene and doesn’t move around. It was puzzle based in the sense that the character picked objects to give it to the right person or put it in the right place.

The game follows a teenage character (boy? Short spiky hair, a shirt and baggy pants) and we had to interact with multiple characters who were different monsters/ supernatural creatures. It was very kid friendly, so not horror, but if I remember correctly there were at least zombies and a werewolf (maybe a vampire?). We had to help them in their quest; I think one was stuck behind bars. One of the quests I remember was to use metallic objects to create a network, and and we had to find tin cans to spread across different locations and grid the neighbourhood for the device. I never finished the game because I was missing one of those tin cans.

If it matters, I’m French and played the game in French at the time.

I’m not sure how popular this game was but I can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@darkwanderer15: Could this one be Conquests of Camelot? It was an adventure game that had you seeking out hte Grail. Would have been from abou the time period you're describing.

Optisynapsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted this in it's own thread but I don't know how long that'll stay up if this is the place to ask such questions.

From what I can remember, it was either a genesis game or early 32-bit console game, but could be anything really.

It featured a pretty crudely rendered space station, navigated from a human first person perspective, the map seemingly algorithmically generated and mainly consisting of corridors with doors with numbers and letters, which would sometimes have an NPC in them you could talk to with a dialog tree. The goal of the game was obscure but the crew playing it had a hard time navigating and I think it has something to do with getting to the engine room in the video.

I also remember it being either published or developed by psygnosis, but after extensive searching I'm at a loss.

Any idea which game this might be, bonus points of somebody can find the feature it was included in?

ccharlie656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5844  Edited By ccharlie656

PC game from around 2006-2008. I think probably a CD ROM game. I remember it being a really colourful adventure style game that was perhaps open world? It might have been set in a desert, the grouns was wavey and moved and I think changed colours. The ground was quite pixelated I think. There were also different buildings you could go into, one of which was a music studio where you could make music in different genres (RAP, R&B). One of them was an art studio. There was an evil guy but I don’t remember much about him. There was a boss battle against him. I think there was music playing throughout the game that was quite serene and peaceful. the main character was a human, and I think you could pixk between being a boy or a girl

Xander050503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5845  Edited By Xander050503

I remember a flash game when I was a kid, like in the 2009, 2011, 2012 or 2013 i dont really know

Is a flash game where you eat donuts in an office while someone is chasing you, like a nerd office, it was detailed pixel art If i'm not wrong and also the camera was in a cenital plane

You can grab special donuts so you can do a wedgie to the nerd office, but also the nerd can call the boss and the boss will chase you with a really curious sounds, i can't describe it

And thats all what can i say about it, and when you lose the game, you become exactly like the nerd office

Avatar image for thoughtcriminal
ThoughtCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the name of that medieval action/adventure/platforming NES game (which I haven't played since childhood nor gotten far) a bit similar to Wizards & Warriors III (in how you jump from raised buildings to another), and the bottom area having some sort of entrance to an underground cave/tunnel you can't get past (or maybe just not yet) due to some obstacle (I don't remember if that was a deadly inanimate object or monster, and forgot whether such obstacle either flickered or had a fully shining light around it, but touching or walking into it hurts you), yet the direction you go when walking in that blocked & closed area is a "positive slope" (downwards)? That's all I remember. I forgot whether the protagonist was an armored knight or a hooded guy. List as many games possible that my fuzzy details are reminiscent of, and then I'll search that title's gameplay screenshots on Google Images, or gameplay footage on YouTube (only if Google Images fails). Thanks so much in advance, all precious nostalgists. P.S. I also forgot whether all the high buildings were treehouses, separate castles, or a single castle with multiple areas. Just a part in Wizards & Warriors III seemed reminiscent of what it's like to reach multiple high house-ish platforms, but it's been too long to remember enough. I tried looking up games I've barely remembered, and lucked out on finding other games that I wanted to retry since I'm not too dumb anymore, including MagMax (which took me way too longer to find than the other following two), Karnov, and Blaster Master. Now this other game I need help remembering, so I'd know which ROM to download and eventually win without any curfews in my way. I'll become a prouder person after that, because AVGN doesn't hate those.

LastThots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game i am thinking of was a game i played off the internet back in sometime around 2007-2010. It was a pirate kind of game where you could customize/upgrade your ship and do missions for people while you sail around the map. It was a point and click while sailing and then at ports it was all just 2d pictures(good quality too the art style was realistic.) As far as i know the game was only on pc. I also think there were a few games that were very similar i assume the same company made them.

rexrox3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys.

This is a beloved childhood game. I'll be as descriptive as I can and I'll also mention what details I'm not sure about. My Google keyword searches have yielded no results. My hopes are honestly low, but if someone manages to identify this game I'll be forever grateful!

-Platform and context

I played this game on a Windows 98 computer around 2004, so it must be older than that year. It's a 2D side-view puzzle, adventure, platformer game. I guess it was for all ages, since it was relatively colorful and not scary nor violent.

I'm almost certain the Windows 98 version I played was a port (I'm not sure if official). This computer of ours also had Super Mario World (1991, SNES) and Super Mario Bros. Allstars (1993, SNES). So, my best guess is that my father bought diskettes with games on them and that way he installed them on the computer (I don't know if that was actually a thing). If my port theory is correct, I have no idea of what the original platform was nor the country it was developed in.

Sadly I'm not knowledgeable in videogame graphics throughout the decades, so I can't make an educated guess of the game's release date nor its bits-resolution.

I obviously have not recollection of the game's title. My father insists it was called "Explorer", but I doubt that was the whole name or if that word really appears on the original title in the first place. Probably that was only the executable's name on our computer, but who knows.

I also don't remember the plot at all, but must've been pretty simple. Could be rescuing a princess, looking for a treasure... anything. Or maybe nothing. I'm pretty sure there were no dialog boxes at any point of the game.

-Looks

I have no memories of a title card, logo or start screen. If there was a box cover art, I never saw it. I think the icon on the computer was the player's head.

I don't remember the playable character's appearance very well. I thiiiink it was red, blue and gray, and they were wearing some sort of helmet with two spikes on the sides pointing back and upwards diagonally. There was no higher-res render or sprite of the main character, I don't think you ever get to see their face (at least in-game!), unless their so-called helmet really was their face and I never figured its shape out.

The setting is some sort of temple ruins. It's in a jungle, if I remember correctly. The primordial color you look at the entire game is a brownish yellow from the temple's bricks. My best way to define the color palette is "rich". Colors not too muted but also not full of striking tones, like the characteristic highly saturated pinks, greens or blues of even older games. The background was usually the temple's yellow brick walls, not the sky or a black background like in other games.

The screen wasn't covered by any sort of HUD if I remember correctly. There were no lives nor health bar.

I have no memory of damage or death animations.

-Music and sound design

I guess trying to describe this is pretty useless information.

I remember the music was catchy, but that's pretty much it. Enemies shooting, pressing buttons and opening doors were very iconic, satisfying sounds, I would immediately recognize them if I hear them again.

-Gameplay

Like I mentioned, this game had action, adventure, platforming and puzzle elements. In general, I would say it was mid to slow-paced, not very hard and fairly short, since my dad and I (4-5 years old at the time) would manage to finish it in one sitting.

The progression was from left to right and mostly linear, but I remember that there were some rooms you could fall into from above (it was no huge Metroid-like map, of course). The screen didn't pan following the player; the player would move out of view and the camera would switch to that next room or section. The player was able to return to previous rooms, they weren't "eaten out" by the camera. There was no fall damage in the game.

Also I don't really remember what happens when the player "dies" or "loses". I guess it only moved you back to the start of the screen you were at.

There was no hub world or level selection.

The player could move around with the arrow keys, I don't think the mouse and other keys were used at all.

The most vivid detail I can recall is that one of the enemies were spiders that shoot rays of spider web at you, which you must avoid.

Another detail was pressing buttons on the floor. Also, I kinda remember there being sections were you could point some sort of lasers or light beams that would bounce on walls and ceiling into targets. After doing it correctly, doors would open and you could progress further.

I might be imagining this, but I think the ending is when the player reaches the top exit of the ruins and you get a view of the jungle you're in.

-KEYWORDS:

Temple/ruins, platforming, puzzles, explorer (?), spiders

-This game DIDN'T have:

Gore, horror, spaceships or aliens, dinosaurs, pirates or boats

Thank you again to anyone taking the time to make suggestions and ask questions. I'll try to answer as soon as possible!