Avatar image for kevin_saputra04
Kevin_saputra04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello giantbomb forum.

I am looking for a game about a girl racing around the world with a blimp or air balloon, can't remember exactly which one.

The key info i remember about the game:

- It was a windows PC game from the mid 2000's

- It has 2d graphics

- The story is mainly about world air race from country to country.

- The main gameplay interface was a world map. You start from a country then choose which country to go to base on some trivias about it like where is Yuri Gagarin from.

When you choose a country then it will show a blimp/air balloon flying from the country you are currently at to the choosen country.

- If you choose the wrong country, you will lose time and potentially lose the overall race.

- There are some story dialogues. I can't exactly remember how it was presented.

I hope someone here knows what game is it.

Casolino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

I'm searching for a PlayStation 1 Game.

I only played it as a kid and I did not came very far because it was too difficult for me at this time..

I remember you are a Man and you wake up in a Building - I think it was a tower that had many stairs and corridors.

I think you are searching for your wife... in this tower you find some enemies and you fight with your fists and hands against them.. there where also traps in the corridors like swinging "blades" that rotated in 360° and you had to role over them or wait for the perfect timing I think

The camera position was like in the old Resident Evil games - so in every room the camera was "stuck" in that certain position till you go on to the next room..

The Only other thing that I believe to remember is, that the cover of the Game was a Symbol that was important in the Game...

Sorry I don't remember very much, but maybe someone knows what's up:)

Thank you for your help !

GO-force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a small game. I remember playing it around the 2010s. I remember it being browser based though I'm not exactly sure. It also had some japanese vibe to it.

The gameplay was simple.
The playing area consisted of a grassy field with a house at the top. The field had a bunch of cats constatly spawning on it and the player's job was to click and drag the cats into the house to earn points.
There was also a time limit so you had to be quick.
However ther is a hazard in the game, which I sort of remember being called the "Guro". It was a black cat with a giant gaping mouth, lined with sharp teeth for a face. You had to be careful not to drag the Guro into the house because it would start eating the cats that you have had already gathered. The main threat with that was that the Guro would eat them slowly one by one until there were none left but you could still put cats in the house while it was in there, so it would stay in there longer wasting you time and points.

Anyway, I do not know if the game was flash based or not so it's possible it was lost in the flash purge.
But it would be nostalgic to play it again if it's still available.

Thanks!

hayden96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone!

Game I will try to describe you is 3d third person adventure game with dark atmosphere and oriental vibe. I remember starting in a basement or wine cellar just to realize that I can jump on the ceiling to crawl on it. I remember soldiers that wear purple, they were.. persian? I guess. My character looked a bit like a vampire in trench coat (it was not Legacy of Kain series, im sure of it) It was somewhere in 1999-2002 but Im not sure.. Only interesting thing I remember is that game logo was like ying yang with white and purple (and white and brown in loading screen I guess). Game was fully 3d and I really would love to get my hands on it again. I tried to look for it on every site like abandonware but never found it.. :(

Hope u can help me find it and bring old memories.

Tabitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was this game i used to play when i was younger. I think 2010 onwards. The game characters looked like eggs and wore red tight clothing. They shoot at each other to win the level. It's genre is action. Thank you 😊

Flowercrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello. I am looking for an action adventure rpg sandbox style mobile game. It has a young female protagonist with pink hair and she crash landed on a planet and has to go through quests to repair her ship. It's also 3rd person and a blocky world like oceanhorn. I think her name is Mune or something of that sort. I don't know much more about the game

Willingham18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t remember the name of the game, and have been searching.

-It’s on PC

-90’s to early 2000’s era

-Pretty sure it is 2D

-Blue background (Most of the game is blue besides lava and the character)

- Has water, lava, and bombs

- I think the character was yellow

-Pretty sure you could only use a keyboard

You go through the level trying not to die jumping over lava or swimming through water trying not to hit the bombs. I’m sure there may be more to the game, but this is all I remember.

GrayAnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello there!

I'm looking for a game that I got to play in the mid-90s 95-96ish. I'm a bit in doubt whether it was a game for Playstation or Macintosh.

It was a 2D platform game. Fantasy themed, action. It has colors I think, and the palette was dark and obscure. It was bloody. Looked like Abe's Oddysee meets Diablo I, my friend who loved Castlevania always wanted me to play this with him playing but he had the same difficulties as me - I'm getting back to that. You played as a barbarian looking fella, maybe he had an axe you could pick up weapons and armor though. You could choose to start on different levels.

One where you ran from left to right and faced off against hordes of demons and skeletons outdoor in the night, and then I died to a giant, flying skeleton dragon thingy. I didn't get to see what was beyond that point.

There was also a similar level you could choose, a bit easier but for some reason after the boss fight I couldn't proceed because there was a huge cliff wall in the way and I couldn't go back from where I came from.

Then there was another level that was a bit more puzzle orientated. The level was lighter in color than the two others. You could jump on platforms and fight against monsters too, and be careful not to jump into pits with spikes and acid. You came across three holes, and you had to jump into one of them. In one of them you just died to a trap, then the two other ones had these puzzles you had to solve in a small room you fell into just in time before you drowned from rising water or got dissolved in acid. And I couldn't solve these puzzles because I didn't understand what they wanted me to solve. I was too young to fully understand English, I could speak with people when travelling with my family but hadn't learned to write or read English properly yet, 3rd grade in school.

The game wasn't really for kids but it was one of the games I could play where I went after school. I guess the adults thought it was okay for us to play the game even though I got nightmares from it. I just had this urge for some years to find out what you were supposed to do in this game but first I had to find out what the name of the game was.

To sum it up:

- You could play this game in the mid-90s

- 2D

- Action/Fantasy

- Bloody

- Dark graphics, a bit lighter in one of the levels

- Monsters, demons, skeletons

- Looked like Abe's Oddysee meets Diablo I, and had some Castlevania vibes to it

- 3 different starting levels to choose from

Thanks for listening.

XeroZero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5761  Edited By XeroZero87

Hi, brand new here so I apologise if I miss anything!

Remembered this mystery/detective/missing object game I used to play back in mid to late 2010’s and can’t remember the name but wanna see if I can find it again.

It was set in this big manor/castle with a pretty realistic art style, minimal animation/rigging outside of levels, and a more dark/gothic aesthetic, and the castle had all sorts of fantastical creatures inside, like vampires and dragons if I’m remembering right, and one of the lower rooms had a demonic red glow. Levels varied from snowy gardens to train stations. I used to play with my Nan, the game probably aimed for her age more than mine. I believe the game may have had a colour in its name, I tried looking up some stuff but couldn’t find anything relevant, I wanna say it was either lavender or midnight but neither of these have turned up results yet. We both played on iPads, so pretty sure it was mobile exclusive, don’t know if it was also on android or anything else. Sorry for messy recounts, my memory isn’t great at the best of times.

Thank you to everyone who read this, hope you all have a great day/night! I apologise for any spelling errors, half the description deleted itself as I was typing

Alowertuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,

I remember this Game for Iphone, it was about being lost in Space and you were inside a space ship whit a device at your hand that you needed to progress trough the game.

In the ending you would get teleported to a theatre where you then had to open a door and run down a hallway while it gets destroyed, after that you would need to open another door where you would get teleported to a landscape whit a lake and all the credits.

I player this in mid 2020 but I remember the graphics being old so I think the relase date was early 2018/ late 2017.

About the genre it was adventure but mainly a puzzle game.

testi976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5764  Edited By testi976

Hi, I'm wondering if you can help me remember a game from a long time ago. It's probably around late 90s early 00s.

A single player game.

A PC game

Setting is a ice or frozen world.

I can't remember if it's a 1st or 3rd person shooting game.

It has aliens or zombies as enemies. I think it's more on aliens as enemies.

Tomesh82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi

I want to remember the name of a game, thank you in advance for your help.

-PC Game

-2D

-most probably released 2000 to 2010

-the view is a top view

-shooter that in the center of the view and having different creatures attack and different types of weapons. Weapon Upgrade includes having the shots to kill all attackers in a straight line at once or firing at different angles at once and so on

-you use the keyboard to move the shooter and the mouse to choose angle and fire

Thanks again!

Tomesh82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi again

I want to remember the name of another game too, thank you in advance for your help.

- PC game

- action game

- most probably between 2000 and 2010

-you start in a snowy area (I think all of the game is in snow) and getting attacks by huge white machines... Sorry that's all I got

-there is a chance that was published by Capcom....

Many thanks!

poggies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5767  Edited By poggies

I'm looking for a funny fmv game where police are trying to arrest a rich guy and going through the building he works in, the villain's name is in the title, it came out sometime after 2010 I think, it doesn't take itself seriously and is made to be humorous, there's like 1 channel on YouTube that's ever played the game, I think it's a pc game.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@tomesh82 said:

Hi again

I want to remember the name of another game too, thank you in advance for your help.

- PC game

- action game

- most probably between 2000 and 2010

-you start in a snowy area (I think all of the game is in snow) and getting attacks by huge white machines... Sorry that's all I got

-there is a chance that was published by Capcom....

Many thanks!

Is it Lost Planet?

Tomesh82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIA

My missing game is a console game. It was either Dreamcast or PS2.

The game was a time based rail type game that had an oriental haunted theme.

The goal was to get more time to advance to the next level.

The levels I remember were a haunted graveyard.

And a ship that was at sea haunted once again.

That was as far as I got. The music haunts me.

Graphics were very similar to Maximo.

Thanks again.

MikeC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to ask for help finding the name of a game i played like 5-10 years ago. The design of the game is pretty simple because it is a 2d from the side view type of game where you play some guy who is trying to escape a tower/skyscraper that is full of monsters. The game is set in pretty modern time. I believe it might be a mobile game but I am not 100% sure about it.

SamEgworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi I'm looking for a Mobil pony game I played years ago.

I mostly remember it being a knock off my pony game, with the 3d pony models where you run and jump around boxes and I think baby cribs? I think the setting was the inside addict and at the beginning page was outside the house. It always gave me the heebie-jeebies forward to jpeg images of the backgrounds and so sounds but I kind of want to know if anyone else could help me find that game. Thank you

timberwolf90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game description: You are in control of a weiner dog and you can go up/down/left/right. You eat bones to expand (similar to Snake game). You can push blocks around so you can cross water gaps. Eventually you reach another dog/animal that was in a cage (and you win the round). I'm not sure if you have to find a key first or not.

Game genre: puzzle

Design is similar to: Longo Doggo (on itch.io) and maybe Pushmo. It looks like Kirby or cartoonish (but with Longo Doggo game mechanics)

Platform: Most likely Android/iPhone but could be another handheld like DS/3DS. I played it around 2010-2020 so probably released after 2005 or later. Other platforms I have played on are PS3, Wii, WiiU, PC so MAYBE those. But it was probably some eStore small cheap game, not AAA for sure.

William_Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone remember the name of this game? Driving me mad

So I'll try and explain as much as I remember of it, but I swear I'm going insane trying to remember what it's called.

Pretty sure it was abandoned but there was definitely playable demos for it.

The game has a heavy hypnosis theme with turn based combat, and there are 2 characters to play as. One of them is definitely a pink pig girl. The other was a wolf? A rabbit? I'm not sure, but her name may have been agent something or other.

If you play as the pig girl, the enemies (slimes I think?) would slowly cover her in latex until she was mind broken.

If you played as the other character, she would encounter male and female enemies (same species as the character i think?) who would brainwash her.

That's all I remember about it.

KolaHasAwoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! I don't know if this thread is still active but-

I can't remember the name of this old web game I used to play.

All I remember was that it was 2D animated, similar in style to the Fancy Pants games. The game opened with a purple cartoon guy flying a plane, and he crashes near a castle. He has to fight his way through evil guys with staffs, and save the princess. It looks like a cartoon.

I haven't played it in years, but it was a fun game, and I wanted to try and find it but telling Google "purple 2D game with castle" isn't a very helpful search.

Avatar image for rhythmicbard026
RhythmicBard026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember the name of a game I once played. I know it was for a late 90s early 2000s console (PS, PS2, XBOX, or GC) essentially I remember flying around a city with a dark ambiance in a hovercraft type transport vehicle. when flying in the vehicle I believe I was above buildings. I think the idea of the game was to destroy an objective as you could pick up NPCs, that at the time I played it, looked like evil snowmen, to help you destroy the objective. these NPCs were picked up at the top of a clock tower looking building that had an objective marker distinguishing it. I believe this was in a team based versus mode as I was competing against a friend when I played. I played this game between the beginning of 2005 and the end of 2007. I have no further recollection of what happened in the game. I realize this is not much to go on but at this point I've fallen down the rabbit hole and can't focus on much else. Any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Mat123054

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• english

Let's see if you can help me. I'll describe to the best of my ability everything I remember.

1. I'm not sure, but I believe it was an old checkers game that I played on a Navicit tablet, and if my memory serves me right, there was also a version for regular phones.

2. I think it was from Gameloft, but I'm not sure if it was in Java.

3. It was a very old game, around 2005 to 2015.

4. The pieces were not the traditional ones; they were like wizards, knights, etc.

5. The board changed depending on the level. I remember that in one of the levels I played, the board was on top of water, and the squares where the pieces moved were stone slabs floating on the water.

• Português

Bora ver se vcs conseguem me ajudar.

Vou descrever da melhor forma possível tudo oq eu lembro.

1 - não tenho certeza mas acredito q era um jogo de damas antigo na qual eu jogava em um Tablet da navicit e se não me falha a memória tinha uma versão pra tijolão tbm.

2 - acho q era da gameloft, não tenho certeza se era em java

3 - era um jogo bem antigo por volta de 2005 a 2015

4 - as peças não eram as tradicionais, eram bonecos tipo magos, Cavaleiros,etc

5 - o tabuleiro mudava conforme a fase, lembro q em uma das fases q eu joguei o tabuleiro era em cima da água e as casas onde as peças se moviam eram placas de pedra flutuando sobre a água

LoneWolf479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember an old game that I used to play on my older cousins PC back around 2007, It was one of those combine the item to solve the puzzle type horror mystery games, I remember puzzles being actually hard, but I was 7 again, there was a puzzle about painting a mosaiced glass painting in a way that no color touches itself, there was a time switch mechanic with yellow gems and a boars mounted head where you had to place both gems in it's eye sockets, and I remember it was in a haunted house, like a mansion of sorts. It had jumpscares with shadowy things in the window. PLS help I have been looking for this game for 12 years now xD

ElIsamudelCan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5779  Edited By ElIsamudelCan

Hi, i'm searching for an isometric pirate game for android, that i've downloaded near christmas in 2017 or 2018.

I remember that you could navigate a map that was divided in grids (or exagons), and you could engage in battle or events by clicking that specific tile. The battles were like other action isometric pirates games (like Sid Meier's Pirates!).

The most notable thing is that you started off with one of the most powerful ships but, in a sort of scripted way, you were defeated and sent to the bottom to work your way back up.

The graphic was a bit low poly and cartoonish (It's similar to DOKDO on the play store), but you played in landscape mode.

Thank you in advance.

ReisLp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@reislp: Hello. I was able to find a game series called Froggy Castle (mobygames link) released for Windows in 2003, which matches your description. It features a hamster in knight armor shooting down balloon-like frogs with arrows. Hope that helps!

Yes, that's it! Thank you very much!

Jaquel_Wong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find an old game that I used to play on a Windows XP system. I'm certain I played it before 2010, possibly even as early as 2006. The game included English text in the storyline, although I was too young at the time to understand it.

The initial level of the game featured a character outdoors in a hedge maze with a view of the blue sky above and green hedge walls surrounding. It was either an over-the-shoulder or first-person perspective, and I could control the character's movement in all directions. I recall that, at certain points, English text descriptions would pop up as I explored.

One distinct memory I have is that my character walked for a while and came across a red and white checkered picnic-like area. Upon approaching it, I discovered that there was a pit beneath it, and my character met their demise.

I'm really eager to find out the name of this game. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Link_bhatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys! This one is a bit of a tough one, so I am really hoping someone else knows the name of the game

On one of the old kids cartoon network webistes (Back when they had flash games) had the game im thinking about.

It was this pixelart-style game that took place in space, and the whole goal of the game was to slowly upgrade turrets and separate sections of your ship (Which I think was a large red ship?) as your progressed through missions, if I remember correctly you could take manual control of some turrets? Most turrets fired bullets that were like small dot-sized white orbs.

I can't for the life of me remember what network had this game on their website, but I've always thought back to how much fun I had playing the game, and have tried for almost five years to find the game only to come up with nothing.

If anyone can help me find this game, it would mean the world and more, thank you!

Arreladd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5784  Edited By Arreladd
No Caption Provided

@flowercrowns: I believe the Name of the game that you are looking for is Ankora It was developed by Chibig Studios.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Arreladd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to remember a game that I didn't get to play too much it was.

This was a Computer game from the late 90's early 00's.

What I remember the most was that I believe that it was either developed by the navy for some event or something and you were able to download the installer.

One of the things that I do remember is that the startup screen used varying shades of blue.

It was almost like a futuristic submarine game.

sorry in advance as I don't have a whole lot of details regarding it.

fjdksla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this game when I was little (early-mid 2000s). The game may have come out in the later 90s as well. It was a PC game that was based in Egypt and was a puzzle/point click that was very 2D animated. The game was directed towards kids but I'm not sure if it was educational or not.

mariefromhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only memories I have of the game were:

1. It was on Friv
  2. It was cartoon like
  3. The objects were jigglish
  4. A hot air balloon was dropping bombs on the objects under it
xoxogamerxoxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's this game that was available for windows, it was 2d, old, i don't remember if it was flash or not, but it was around 2005-2013 maybe? Survival of a guy in an island. It was free to play but only to a certain point and it was either in the windows store or came with the computer along with purble place and such.

Lancelot3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5790  Edited By Lancelot3510

The game was in between 1995s to 2005s what I know

It was a shooting game, what I remember it was scifi,

All I remember about the game was whenever you pick up bullet, it saying "extra ammo" a male voice, it was very similar to Forsaken 1998 game but Forsaken has female voice and doesn't say anything when picking ammo only shield. I've search countless shooting games between those years but I cant see one the saying that whenever they pick an ammo. I know I have search the game once but forgot it again sadly, thru countless searching I have stumbled on this site. I would appreciate the help thanks.

xiaomei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello Giant Bomb Forum !

I am desperately searching for an arcade beat em up game that I played in the 90s or early 2000s ...

The closest thing that i found was the BRap Boys, I think in this game someone had a skateboard as well and the clothes and general asthetics of the game seemed similar.

Only the music I didn't recognize at all and that was the part I remember best.

It was very arcady music as opposed to the Brap Boys soundtrack...

You could also play with more than one player and had several opponents.

Also this was in Germany and I only just now really learned that it was an Arcade game since they didn't really exist here...

Maybe someone can help I would be so grateful !

salva21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,

I’m looking for a ps2 game.

I think it was a 3rd person cover ish based shooter game. You could play as different characters but I think you mainly played as a woman. The bad guys had big clunky jackets and wore white masks. I remember a level that was dark and orange and you ran around on catwalks. I think you’d have a small gun and bosses would have rocket things. It had a very industrial setting.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@salva21 said:

Hi,

I’m looking for a ps2 game.

I think it was a 3rd person cover ish based shooter game. You could play as different characters but I think you mainly played as a woman. The bad guys had big clunky jackets and wore white masks. I remember a level that was dark and orange and you ran around on catwalks. I think you’d have a small gun and bosses would have rocket things. It had a very industrial setting.

The first thing that popped to mind (okay, eventually popped to mind) was GunValkyrie, but that was for the Xbox so it's probably not what you're looking for?

It might be Oni? Or Ghost In the Shell?

salva21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cozmicaztaway: i found it, it was headhunter redemption. thank you :)

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@salva21: Wow, I was way off! Happy you found it

K0iraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably not even active anymore, but I just remembered this game because I was watching a video and it mentioned 'ToonTown'. The game I remember was like toontown but I'm pretty sure that was not it.

I played it in late 2000s to early 2010s so it may have come out in the 1990s.

It was a computer game, I remember playing it on PC.

It was a 3D game that was kind of open world but maps were small.

It was a story-based game I believe and had dialogue boxes.

I remember a big green hill you could run up.

It had those weird graphics where edges looked sharp and it was that weird old-style 3D.

I believe the UI was quite small with not much happening on the screen.

If anyone remembers this, I'd be so grateful.

milly1586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game probably played the game around 2008 so it was an early 2000s game

I played the game on a website that had a lot of other games on an online forum

I know the game had different levels and there were differ t kind of robots that were different colors and they had different personalities and skills you were able to choose one and control it with the arrow keys (I remember there was a pink one that was a girl and then a blue and orange one that were boys not sure if there were more colors or not)

I know it was a 2d game and you were in a box with grey stones that you had to maneuver around

It was definitely targeted to kids and didn’t have any affiliation with any franchises or movies

vihsouza41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone!

I have played this game on my PC in early 2000's. I remember that there was two biped monsters (such as little trolls), one blue and one green.

I guess it was a platform-style game.

Any help would be appreciated!

masonschwalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey y’all

New here. First post. I know this might be a long shot. There was a game that my dad brought back for me when he went on a trip to the🇺🇸(I’m from🇨🇦). He’s also passed away since then, and when I recently remembered playing this game it’s been bugging me ever since that I can’t remember it’s name, because I’d really love to see if I can find a way to play it again, both for the nostalgia and as a way to remember my dad and feel close.

It was mid-late 90’s PC, CD-ROM, I want to say 1997 or 1998, definitely not 2000 or later, as I only ever played it on his work laptop w/ Windows 95 (I’m pretty sure was ‘95, MIGHT have been ‘98 though, but it’s too long ago for me to remember now), and we got out first full PC with the tower and monitor for Xmas of ‘99, so anything beyond then wouldn’t be it.

It was a first person 3D space pilot/first person shooter, where you’d fly around obstacles, sometimes it’d be in space, but you could also go down to a planet and fly under tunnels and around walls and stuff. I think there was an enemy ship, and the goal was to destroy it. Visually it was still somewhat early 3D. Better than “Duke Nukem3D”, but not as good as something like “BHunter”. Graphically, it was more on par with “Descent”, still a bit pixelly, but this one was maybe a little bit sharper. I think it was joystick compatible, if that helps. I didn’t have one anyhow, but was able to still play it with just the keyboard and that little rubber nub mouse thing that all of those old laptops had.

As far as screen layout goes, it was just the edges of the window of the ship around the border, I believe they were somewhat angled. Like I mentioned, it was a first-person view, but you couldn’t see the pilot, or the steering controls. I think it would change to a view outside of the ship at certain times as well (like when you started a level, I think it would show your ship, and then zoom in until it went through the back of it and then transitions to the pilot-mode), or it might’ve just been something you could toggle in the settings based on your preferences, and perhaps I just left it on the default. I recall there were some counters/meters/levels that denoted your ammo, health, available special weapons, etc., but I can’t remember what they looked like, or where they were oriented on the screen. You could shoot the standard beam bullets, and I believe you could also get some bombs or missiles or something. I remember it was really hard to play in general, both for maneuvering, and to be able to pull off hits. So, due to that, I never really got very far in it, but I still played it a lot and had fun while doing it. Enough that it left an impression on me to this day, as a 36 yr old.

Now, here’s the one main identifying feature that’ll hopefully help with narrowing things down a bit. The one detail that I’m 100% certain on, is that it had the word “Hell” in the title, because I remember thinking it was really cool that my dad got me a game with the word hell in the title, seeing as I was only 10 or 11 at the time. It’s in the first half of the title, and it was also all one word, maybe 10-12 characters long (so, not anything like: “Hell Spawn”, or “Hell Fight”, etc., it’s format would more resemble: “HellSomething”, and I believe on the logo it was all caps.

I’ve tried every search I could think of on Google but can’t find anything that remotely comes close to it. It just keeps bringing back titles that have the word hell separate from the other words, instead of whatever the word was in the title I’m looking for, and with it being all-in-one. So many details that are fuzzy now. It’s also hard to be certain that my brain isn’t “Mandela Effecting” itself by making up some of the smaller details to fill in the gaps, or that I’m not accidentally confusing/conflating details from other similar games that I played as a child.

So:

-90’s Space Ship First Person Flying/Shooting PC/CD-ROM game

-Has “hell” in the title, and it’s all one word, with hell being at the beginning of the word.

Hope you guys can shed some light on this mystery, lol.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15