The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

R0jnml

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5701  Edited By R0jnml

There was this hidden object game with a female mc, blonde hair, she had a motorcycle in the main menu pic if I remember correctly, it was a ghost game, they kept appearing, I remember if you made too many wrong guesses while finding objects some kind of bloody mist would pass through the screen, ALSO in the end there is a ghostman in black hat yelling "YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD DEFEAT ME" or something along those lines.

ashwilliam6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello

I'm looking for a game witch I played on game boy classic (the one from 1989).

It must have been released between 1989 and 1995.

All I can remember is that it was a platform game and one of the level took place on a pier (the level might also be called just that), with crabs as ennemies (among others). There was sand and quickly you had to get your way on old wood platforms.

Thanks !

Neo1997Neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5704  Edited By Neo1997Neo

Hello, I have a question

About 5 or 6 years ago I played a game on PC through those game pages that were always on the net (I think it was a flash game), the game had a carriage and in it you could have your creatures as if it were pokemon (but without capturing them with pokeballs I think), I remember that one was a big orange snake I think, and you had to go through several biomes which were a desert, a forest and I think the tundra but that last one I don't know if it was there (the carriage crossed them by itself... I think), and on the start or save screen I think there was a campfire and in that you could feed your creatures with meat, the graphics were quite nice and colorful pixels, and the name of the game I think had "carriage" and "creatures" although I look for it that way on the pages where I think I played it and nothing appears.

Any help is appreciated, if you need more details just tell me, thanks!

PD:I think you can also incubate eggs, but these are just ideas that I try to remember, I'm not entirely sure

Lexalchambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for an older rpg Pixel game. Possibly from the 2000s or older. Turn based rpg. It was a series of games. 1,2, and 3. Each one had a different story. One of the stories I remember is a village girl finds out she's special and has Sword Singing abilities I think, and goes off on a quest. There was a very special easter egg in the game to farm free money by touching/hitting a cow in a forest if you can find it. (weird, i know) I believe the other story was a girl who wakes up in a fairy land, and i think falls in love with someone. I know it's so vague. But I remember that it had great music. Mostly harp-like music. For the life of me, I can't remember the name, and I would very much like to play this again. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Adamdouille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m searching for a PC game I got on a CD-ROM in the late 1990s. My mother got it in a garage sale, which I know doesn’t help with the search.

As far as I remember, it was a very short puzzle game. It was in top-down view. I played a robot, and to solve the puzzles, I had to destroy another robot and steal one of its parts to remove/circumvent an obstacle. I remember stealing a spring-activated lower body part, and use it to stomp another robot. I think the graphics tried to have a realistic feel, but it was so long ago I’m no longer sure.

It’s been bugging me because I remember having enjoyed it, but not much except that.

One more detail that I remember: the final enemy had a huge golden hand in place of his legs. After I destroyed it, I could take this hand, put in in place of my legs, and jump on a hand-shaped cavity to finish the game.

SomeSproutFern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there was some kinda cutesy "hidden horror" platformer from I think around 2014 or sometime after, it was definitely during the rise of youtube lets plays and horror gaming videos. can't remember much about the name of the game other than the title possibly having the word "world" in it, something along the lines of (insert name's) world. I think the name started with an S but I'm not entirely sure. most I can remember about gameplay was that the player character was some sort of ball that could roll around and jump. most of the levels were 3d geometry with flat unmoving patterns as a backdrop and cute 2d drawings for most npcs. I mostly remember one specific level with some sort of windmill and maybe another level being based around snow. take all this with a grain of salt as my memory isn't the greatest, so some or most of this may be incorrect.

Mira22dinu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a PC game around the 90's (after the '95 I think)

You would click a ball and then while the ball was in the air you would gather all the items on the screen by clicking them.

Any idea?

Azraew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketman11678: yo man that sounds like one of the Mortimer Beckett games. If not you still might like it 🤷‍♂️

swtreaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game i have been trying to find for years now and cant was a jet fighter / war aircraft type game, Listed below is as much as i can remember from it (i was playing it in Jr high school and i am in my 30s now)

Time frame - early 2000s i belive i played it around the year 2002 or 2001
System - played on PC - was in the school libary but was installed by a student
i think it was a mostly text baised game with some still images [ maybe green or white text and back background] where you could buy aircraft and sent them to fight or somehting.

the game should have been aimed at older teens to young adults as it was from my memory mostly text and buying / upgrading aircraft.

any help pointing to more info or maybe narrow down option

Thank you anyone that can help.

Adamdouille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamdouille said:

I’m searching for a PC game I got on a CD-ROM in the late 1990s. My mother got it in a garage sale, which I know doesn’t help with the search.

As far as I remember, it was a very short puzzle game. It was in top-down view. I played a robot, and to solve the puzzles, I had to destroy another robot and steal one of its parts to remove/circumvent an obstacle. I remember stealing a spring-activated lower body part, and use it to stomp another robot. I think the graphics tried to have a realistic feel, but it was so long ago I’m no longer sure.

It’s been bugging me because I remember having enjoyed it, but not much except that.

One more detail that I remember: the final enemy had a huge golden hand in place of his legs. After I destroyed it, I could take this hand, put in in place of my legs, and jump on a hand-shaped cavity to finish the game.

Finally found it : it was a French educational game called Itacante:

https://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_abandon/ltf_jeu.php?id=2923

No wonder I wasn’t able to find it in all the English sites I went to.

Ragnarvos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello hive mind.

So this is possibly gonna be a though one to figure out I'll do my best with details as best as I can remember.

Pc game, possibly mid-late 1980's believe I played it on a old IBM with two 5.25 floppy disc drives. War based, I know it had good old school copy protection I think I may have been a wheel based decoder but am not to certain about that anymore, vaguely remember it having like pixelated pictures of tanks and jeeps that where the answers or having to enter details about the tank weapons or such.

As for gameplay a few things stand out in my memory keyboard only. There was a tank based aspect to the game that was, interior view of the tank, you could look change which way you where looking (I think) forward, behind, left and right, tank and the tanks canon could move separately, think that was relatively done in a green colour scheme, another aspect of the game I remember is that you could drive a jeep along a downwards scrolling dirt road that had rocks that you would have to dodge, enemy soldiers, paratroopers and helicopters (I think) that would try and attack you that you could shoot at which all took place on a yellow scene as it was supposed to be a desert.

Any help on trying to figure this one out would be greatly appreciated as it used to be a game I played taking turns with my dad and brother who both sadly passed due Covid.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Was a browser based super hero card game from the early 2000s. It was a super hero based card game where you would fight other people using a rock paper scissors type combat style. There were some mini-games where you would like teleport or jump on a trampoline to get energy.

Not sure if it was flash persay but it was a website you logged into to play. Was free and could fight other people...not sure if it started off with this or it was later but there was some good caused behind it such as helping the world or picking up trask or something. Was not really in game but I believe that is what they tried to promote.

eguelsoylu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the game on my old computer and it is "We want YOU" from Quicksand Games.

Hello all, I am trying to find a PC game. Here is the details:

Platform: Windows/PC

Genre: Platform shooter/Rail shooter (free game)

Estimated year of release: 2007-2011

Graphics/art style: Looks like this but way less colourful and fantasy WWII themed. The background was black as far as I remember.

No Caption Provided

Notable characters: The character that we controlled was a commando (allies) cut behind the enemy lines. The enemies were Nazi like soldiers. No bosses as far as I remember.

Notable gameplay mechanics: You could only go sideways or downwards in the game. The lower you go the higher score you get. You could improve your armour and health, also change weapons if you find them on a platform. In general, enemies get better the more you go down.

Other details: There were medic tents and when you go into them you could hear a nurse moan. When the character goes out of medic tents the health bar gets full. In the highest level of armour the character has a face armour.

carolyn_wenzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it draft?

Izayoi1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heyo everyone, I am trying to find a old PC game I played when I was little... Here are some details I recall, they are a lot, but I really can't find it anywhere (even ChatGPT failed to find it :c)

Platform: Windows/PC, there is a good possibility that I played it by floppy disk

Genre: Platform Puzzle, basically the same identical genre as Bubble Bobble as it was a clone of it (read details below)

Estimated year of release: 1985-2005; the range is quite wide but as it was a Bubble bobble much more colourful and dynamic I think that it was released somewhere in that gap... I think late 90's early 00's are the best guesses.

Graphics/art style: I recall that the graphics were quite tidy and colorful, with 3d shading and not pixelated; animations of characters were somewhat fluid and not laggy like old arcade games.

No Caption Provided

Notable characters: The character that the first player controlled was someone like a pest control agent who weared a gas mask and a Pesticide Sprayer. I draw something simple to give the idea: the character was quite wide (think about it as if it's figure occupied a virtual square, like the characters of the first Bubble Bobble). Overall the color palette was gray/brownish/dark red for the 1p, while the 2p would get the same character but with blue shades instead of red. The sprayer was transparent, as there was the possibility to suck enemies inside (read below). I can't recall much about the enemies, but I think they were all insect-related. I'm sure there were some 2-legged ladybugs or ants of sort in the first levels to defeat.

Notable gameplay mechanics: Overall the gameplay is pretty identical to Bubble Bobble: same camera view, with the whole level on screen and sideview of it, same logic of completion of defeating all enemies to continue to next level. To defeat enemies, the player had to press the action button (ctrl i think) and the character would then spray a pink cloud of gas in front of him. This pink cloud of gas worked the same as the bubbles of Bubble Bobble, trapping the enemies inside of it if they collided with one. To defeat the enemies, the player had to press again the action button I think to suck the gassed enemy inside their sprayer, holding it inside by holding the button, and then releasing it towards a wall. The release throwed the enemy forward and if they hit a wall, they would explode and convert in point loot in forms of little toys (presents, teddy bears, little trains, etc). If the throwing failed to hit a wall, the enemy was released from gas and restarted roaming around the level.

No Caption Provided

Other details: Other details that I recall was that the first level of the game was something wooden themed, with a structure similar to the drawing here. The brown lines were the platforms, which were made in something like wooden planks or wooden poles (like a palisade). As in Bubble Bobble, the character could jump through them to reach an higher position, landing on them if he managed to be fully above it after the jump. The "1p" and "2p" indicates where the player would start in the level, while the 4 "E" were the enemies ladybug/ant like to defeat.

Finally, some other random infos. I recall that there were levels where you could suck even objects inside the sprayer (like boxes or obstacles) and throwing them to smart positioning them around the level. Also, my family and I were used to call this game DDT, prolly due to the pest control theme, but we think that the game acronym was something like DBT, BGT or such (3 letters).

Thank you in advance for whoever read until this point and for your help! I will update this post if I recall some new details or find anything.

Kabook7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5718  Edited By Kabook7

I need help...

Used to play an old pc game where you could pick between alien ships or human ships and pick 3 ships each. And battle in space. One alien ship was like a pink blob that sent out little creatures that shot little lazers at opponents. There was a small disk ship that moved really fast...

Pvp 1v1 game.

Anyone know?? Probably around 2000 to 2002. Around When first quake came out

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5719  Edited By sombre

@kabook7: I don't think quake came out in the 00s

Kabook7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: I wasn't sure. I just remember some kids playing quake some playing other game. I remembered the game tho it was star control

TaintOfjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be a tough one because my memory is terrible.

I played the game at least 10 years ago. Going to guess 15 years. It was a Side Scrolling Beat-Em Up game with Stick Characters. I played it on PC. I believe it was exclusively a PC game. It wasn't a flash game. I definitely remember downloading it and I think running an EXE to launch it from my desktop. I believe the bad guys in the game were zombies. I remember the graphics were extremely simple. I vaguely remember the background of the game world being mostly black. I believe it was mostly fist fighting I don't believe there was any firearms. There might have been melee weapons. One thing that really stands out in my mind is when you got so many kills in a row without taking damage you activated "UBER MODE" and your character would turn into a strobe light of colors kind of like mario getting a star and he could punch through zombies in one hit. I also believe the games backround music was like heavy metal or rock. Thanks in advance to anyone that can figure this one out!

oxomax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to remember a game that I used to play on my windows computer in early 2006( the game must have been released in 2005 or before).

The game was a car game, But not necessarily a car racing game like NFS/Grand tourismo, Or combat battle cars like vigilant 8 or Auto Assault. (But if I was forced to choose, I would go with racing car games, since the game is more like a car racing game than a battle cars game)

It had multiple game modes.

One mode was a a bomb mode, in which one of the cars carries the bomb and must bump/touch another car before it explodes and bomb gets transferred by the vehicle you bumped into, and when the time of the bomb finishes, it explodes. (The bomb appeared as Black bawling ball bomb above the vehicle which carries it)

Another game mode was colleting as much as spread out objets across the city (food like objects) buy eating them (by driving through them and, it made a nice sound sound when the objets get eaten).

It had a racing mode too as far as I remember.

The game had multiple maps to choose.

And also, the game had multiple vehicles to choose. the ones that I remember were a blueish van,

A yellow or orange (mostly orange) hatchback car (like VW Golf) which had a blond girl (short yellow hair) driver,

and the other one was a Black Sedan which was a very strong car in which if you crash or bump into another vehicle it almost flies away.

The graphics of the game had no more than PS1 graphics.

The gameplay view was a third person view in which you see the car from the back (that's how I used to play, perhaps there buttons you press to change the view that I wasn't aware of back then).

Note: there is a chance that the game could be a game that also exists on PS1, because some PS1 games used to be on PC too.

Here are some games that are not the game I had (to narrow it down for you)

- Midnight Club

- Flatout

- Carmageddon

- Interstate 76

- Re-Volt

- Crazy taxi

- GTA games

- Driver (ps1 games)

- Grand tourismo

- NFS

- Test Drive games

- Stuntman

- Midtown madness games

- Cruis'n USA

- Twisted metal games

- Vigilant 8 games

- Total Immersion Racing

- Auto Assault

I Hope you find the game

blitzfitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this thread idea and hoping I am doing this correctly. There is a game I rented that I always wanted to revisit but couldn't. Here are the details:

1) I played it on a PS1 and rented it sometime between 1996 and 1998. It did feel like it might have also been released for the PC, and then ported to PS1.

2) It was an action game where you got to fly around as a bunch of different vehicles (plane types mostly), and the weapons you had were based on the type of plane you were flying. I remember some of the weapons you could use were napalm bombs, fuel air bombs, etc. along with more conventional bullets. The game was 3D/polygonal and it felt like the Strike series of games only you weren't in that top-down view (I think you had multiple views you could choose from similar to what you get with a racing game standard).

3) I don't recall ever reading reviews on this one, I think I picked it up on a lark. I don't believe it was made for kids given the content with the weapons, as well as the ending. Let me explain the ending. After beating the game some general tells you what a could job you did and that you deserve some R&R. The scene then shifts to some lady dancing like she's starting a strip tease. I don't recall any nudity or anything, but I remember being shocked and asking "did they really put that in this game?".

I'd like to find it and play it again and see if it is any fun or not all these years later (I don't remember renting it more than once so I'm guessing I wasn't too happy with it).

ColbehD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[PC] [late 90s-early 00's] Indie Star Wars parody game (not star warped)

Platform: PC

Genre: 3rd person side-on (maybe top down at times?) Action platformer

Estimated release date: probably early 00s but maybe late 90s

Graphics: In short, fever dream-ish. iirc it was crudely hand drawn? Reminds me of "Getting Over It" the way stuff seemed out of place at times.

Notable characters: basically all the characters ud expect in a star wars parody game but they were all (vulgar?) joke versions of themselves. The ones I know for sure were: a Luke type charecter that was the players charecter, Leia, Chewbacca, Vader was one of the bad guys and I'm pretty sure there was a bounty hunter type that was your main bad guy for the first part of the series/game

Notable gameplay mechanics: you would use a blaster that shot small circles as laser blasts (enemies blasters did as well) eventually you got a lightsaber that could deflect the small circles which became a crucial part of the gameplay. And the stupidly hard (at least for me ~10 y/o self) platforming. I really feel like there were sections where it wasn't just a action platformer. Like maybe you were in a ship and did space battles side ways Galaga? but I can't seem to pull anything like that from the memory banks, just that there was some variation in gameplay at times.

Other details: I would've gotten this game from one of the many freeware game sites back in the early 00s. One reason it's so hard to remember is that the comedy style was similar to "Star Warped" dead pan unfunny to most type comedy if that makes sense. 2 sections I remember at least a frame of vividly were 1 or 2 bridge sections where you fight through this games version of storm troopers and did some platforming and a platforming section where you jumped over large circles (again akin to Getting Over It) the sound design was kinda original doom or mortal combat, in that it seemed like they just recorded grunts and slapped them in the game.

Just came to me that there was definitely a boss fight with Vader that was a ship battle where the final phase had vader spinning and shooting at the player like crazy

And that's all I got, at this point I'm not certain it was some elaborate recurring dream. I'm not even trying to remember because I desperately want to play it again or anything, just feels like it's a locked away memory that I would like to have back.

ColbehD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colbehd: WonderDweeb trilogy by biebersoft

Avatar image for swingthruschool
swingthruschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of this game where you are a schoolboy and i think you were swigning thrrough school on vines or something it was fun.

SladeBrixson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5730  Edited By SladeBrixson

I've played this game on a flash games website (in 2009 I think) where you can travel through historical events from 80's to more or less first years of 2000's, such as fall of Berlin wall, Dolly sheep cloning while you control a balloon, trying to avoid obstacles in order to reach the goal and advance to the next year, the fact is, the game was called something like Time Machine Balloon or something like that, I don't know why I cannot find it 😭

Feralrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hola, huddled masses!, My query to the wayback sounds like this...

The system was a Amiga 1000.

The time frame was 1988-90.

The game was a sidescroller ala Mario-ish where you ended up on a island and if remember correctly had to collect parts and solve puzzles to build a rocket or some such to escape.

My addled mind always thinks it was something like "Professor Keenbean" or "The adventures of", etc...

Can't remember anything else really.

Thanks!

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#5732  Edited By Undeadpool

It was a game that was played briefly on the East Coast site in ~2015 or 2016. It was played after a stream concluded a little early, and they went to look at something else (this was the something else), but they didn't play it to completion.

The stream had Alex, Vinny, and Austin. The game itself was a mixture of FMV cutscenes and light puzzle solving where you were trying to help someone trapped in "your computer/phone" and had a lot of low-budget charm to it. In one scene, an unseen ghost throws a cop through a window and you see it through dashcam footage and Austin exclaimed, "Okay, I am INTO this!" as the low-budgetyness of it all settled in.

gord0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oxomax: Thanks for including a list of definite nots. Here are a few guesses, hope this helps.

• Crash 'n' Burn
  • GTI Club games
  • Pickup Express (Mega Game II)
  • Top Gear: Dare Devil
  • 007 Racing
  • Interstate '82
MzO2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5734  Edited By MzO2019

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a game released between 2000-2010.

The game is very similar with Line Rider 2: Unbound but the player is a Carriage horse in sky.

The game supports only 1024x768 resolution, 2D side-scrolling.

The player must draw white lines to the finish area to win.

The game contains boost formed as a circle.

The game doesn't have story mode, unlike Line rider 2: Unbound

The game is released on Windows and compatible with Windows XP, and when you start the game, an internal launcher with game snapshot picture as background appears.

Thank you for your efforts.

Bloodrekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5735  Edited By Bloodrekr

It is a pc game from probably 2000- 2015

It is a point and click puzzle/ not really horror but kinda spooky game. The game starts with a crashed car at some point and ends with a pipe organ at some point, well not quite ends but that’s as far as I got.

At some point you arrive at a barn in a icy landscape

I think but do not know if the game has the number 1000 in it

I think it is door themed

The game is probably part of a series

The games icon is in some way yellow and I think has a hand on it

The game I think has an orb based objective

This game was probably not that popular

And was on a really old acer with a sliding lock on its lid. It was blue and had a plastic shell

It was a beefy (in size not in functionality)laptop that now barely runs

It uses like maybe windows 6 7 8 or 9.

If that helps you pinpoint it’s year of origin

It might have been a hidden object game with puzzles

I remember I had to brute force one because the solution seemed unclear to young me

If I don’t get the answer today then I will be able to find it out tomorrow

kc_usopp147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone help me find the name of this game please?? TURN BASED COMBAT THAT LET YOU TURN INTO THE MONSTERS YOU DEFEATED.

The game was on a PS or PS2 demo disk. that had other demos on it. I played them demo on a PS2 i believe.

The game was very similar to Legends of Dragoon. It had an overworld that you could run through and adventure in, but also had turn based combat. In the turn based combat, you could turn into monsters that you defeated and this would also be useful in the overworld. Such as turning into something that could fly

kc_usopp147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone help me find this game demo? LOCAL MULTIPLAYER / PS DEMO DISK / YOU PLAY AS WIZARDS OR WARRIORS

There is a game on a PS or PS2 demo disk that i played. At the beginning i believe you would choose classes such as Wizard, Warrior, etc...

You could do local co-op/multiplayer and would take on a hoard of enemies. the graphics also werent the best. It was also at more of a "birds-eye-view" camera shot, especially being multiplayer. It might have been on a demo disk with medievil

kc_usopp147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kc_usopp147:

It might have also been on a demo disk with medievil

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kc_usopp147: first thought is that it is the ps1 version of Gauntlet Legends?

Kamakazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kc_usopp147: It wasn't turn based, but this kinda sounds like Threads of Fate.

Avatar image for ellaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ellaaaaaaaaaaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was around the early 2000's, about a tribe of purple people. They spoke weird. They could have kids that you could name. It was on a floating island I'm pretty sure. There was a statue/monument in the center that spoke to you and you could level it up. There was a school and a thinking chair and other items that the people could use. There was a leaderboard. I played on a tablet

Le_Doggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I remember this game and it was about a human kid I think suddenly dying and waking up in this coffin with just a green hoodie on and I think that the mission was to become a human again

I remember a part where you were in a museum and there was a sleeping night guard and that’s all I remember from that

There was another part where I think you were time traveling and had to time traveling between at the minimum four different areas and get things for different people

The last part I remember which I think is the cover is where you’re in a sewer and you find the bar area with a bunch of weird people, which aren’t even human and I think they were kinda rude or had a rough voice

That’s all I remember, I hope I can find the game

Kayden265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5744  Edited By Kayden265

What's that sketched mobile scary game where you were trapped in a house by someone and you had to go through the rooms to escape, and at one point you could either use a potion of life and save a girl or use a potion of death and kill her, and when you escape the girl gets left behind and it shows an end scene of a grave? Last time I played this game was 2016 or 2017.

RubotRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5745  Edited By RubotRules

I'm looking for an adventure rpg game with a pixel art style that i remember being really good, i played it around 2016-2017 and it was a top-down tile based game with an medieval fantasy theme. i think i used to play it on a site called kizi.com but its not on there anymore. i played it on pc and it was fully singleplayer. you controlled asingle character at first but i think you gained more to help you in your battles later on.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@kc_usopp147: definitely sounds like Guantlet or a Guantlet clone.

AntAnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is this mining game where you play as this purple(?) furry-ish bipodal creature (idk how to describe it) and you have to mine huge blocks (a bit like MotherLoad). I think it was released around 2000 to 2010 but could be older. It was a pc game and was singleplayer I think. It was also a 2d sidescroller type game. Can't really remember much apart from that. Any help would be wonderful

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There was a Phoenix Wright kinda game, where you played as a new Police Woman, it had these colorfull characters, and diffrent location a hotel for instance where a murder had happen, and you had to search the crimescene, by clicking on things and then interview the witness. The style and mood was very joyfull, my guess is it’s a Nintendo game, but not sure, I remember There was a quicklook of it.

Not 3D game, I belive you were with a Seasoned cop. It’s not Phoenix Wright, or Professor Layton.

Just played through Ghost Trick The other day, which made me Think of this.

Owmyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5749  Edited By Owmyn

um there was this game i used to play idk the date it released but i played it at 2015-2017

its an 8-bit 2d local multiplayer where you shoot or run and gun bad guys in buildings while saving hostages you can also play together on the same laptop, you can jump and move in any direction, up, down, front, and back.

im also pretty sure it doesnt have a boss and its a platformer

Avatar image for waitingfordeath
waitingfordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kc_usopp147 said:

Can someone help me find the name of this game please?? TURN BASED COMBAT THAT LET YOU TURN INTO THE MONSTERS YOU DEFEATED.

The game was on a PS or PS2 demo disk. that had other demos on it. I played them demo on a PS2 i believe.

The game was very similar to Legends of Dragoon. It had an overworld that you could run through and adventure in, but also had turn based combat. In the turn based combat, you could turn into monsters that you defeated and this would also be useful in the overworld. Such as turning into something that could fly

This sounds a lot like Guardian's Crusade (GB | Wikipedia | GameFAQs | MobyGames). I've never seen direct evidence of it having a demo, but there appear to be a couple mentions of people playing a demo without ever playing the full version, so it might just be very obscure.

Hola, huddled masses!, My query to the wayback sounds like this...

The system was a Amiga 1000.

The time frame was 1988-90.

The game was a sidescroller ala Mario-ish where you ended up on a island and if remember correctly had to collect parts and solve puzzles to build a rocket or some such to escape.

My addled mind always thinks it was something like "Professor Keenbean" or "The adventures of", etc...

Can't remember anything else really.

Thanks!

It's a loose fit on details, but I'm wondering if this might just be Terramex, AKA Cosmic Relief: Prof. Renegade to the Rescue (MobyGames | GB | World of Longplays | Italian Wikipedia). It came out for a variety of PCs, despite clearly not being particularly PC. It's a pretty rough guess, though.

Heyo everyone, I am trying to find a old PC game I played when I was little... Here are some details I recall, they are a lot, but I really can't find it anywhere (even ChatGPT failed to find it :c)

Platform: Windows/PC, there is a good possibility that I played it by floppy disk

Genre: Platform Puzzle, basically the same identical genre as Bubble Bobble as it was a clone of it (read details below)

Estimated year of release: 1985-2005; the range is quite wide but as it was a Bubble bobble much more colourful and dynamic I think that it was released somewhere in that gap... I think late 90's early 00's are the best guesses.

Guessing this was the Windows conversion of Super Methane Bros. (GB | MobyGames | Wikipedia | Super Methane Brothers free port).