Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

My Xbox and my telly have a weird relationship that I don't understand

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Oi oi,

So, I've had a weird "problem" with my Series S and my TV for almost a year now, that I just can't work out.

To make it work, I HAVE to turn on my TV first, then my Xbox.

If I turn on my Xbox first, then the TV after, the TV just gets stuck in a loop where it just turns itself on and off again until the xbox is turned off.

Any ideas? It's not a real problem, I'd just like to understand what the hell is going on

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sombre: Well Guv'nor do you have HDMI-CEC enabled under "settings" "TV and display" "deice control"? What about "console turns on other devices" and "console turns off other devices"? Because it sounds to me like your Xbox is trying to control the power of your TV but there is a compatibility problem and the Xbox isn't getting confirmation fo its commands so it keeps issuing a power command over and over. If I knew the model of your TV I might have other ideas.

Pip pip, cheerio!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.