Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

Microsoft is experimenting with interesting deals for digital games this December. Dead Space cheap for GP Ultimate now

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

As someone who somewhat compulsively checks deal websites I've noticed that Microsoft has recently been doing some interesting things to try and change their longstanding sale policy of refreshing sales once a week with exceptions for special occasions (like Black Friday, winter holidays etc...)

It started with their new "just for you" sales that drop prices on certain games based on things you've looked at or purchased recently. I got High on Life with the DLC for $8 because I played the game last year.

They've also started a new 24 hour sale rotation with some pretty good discounts. Jedi Survivor was %60 off a couple days ago, which is the cheapest I've seen it. They also sold the digital deluxe version of Gotham Knights for %85 off, which is maybe a little less attractive but still a good deal.

Right now they are running a promotion on some specific EA games for people with Gamepass Ultimate, including both Dead Space and Wild Hearts (2023 games) digital deluxe versions for %90 off, which are very big discounts on a couple of games that are fairly well regarded and in Dead Space's case was, I think, a minor hit.

It kind of makes sense because the games are on Gamepass Ultimate already via the included EA service, and will probably stay there, but considering they also come with the DLC it's still a pretty good discount by recent digital store standards.

Considering that we've seen these digital discounts become worse and worse over the last decade or so to the point where digital is now consistently more expensive than physical, and considering that Microsoft's sales have almost always been worse than Sony's, it's nice to see that they're at least trying to do something to make prices more attractive.

Xbox Series X was also $350 at some retailers today so Microsoft is making some moves. It appears they understand they are losing this generation pretty badly and they need to make some changes of some kind, whether it's the rumored exit from the console space (unlikely right now IMO) or something else.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have a Series S and considered getting the X at the price. There were bundles that included Diablo 4 also at just $350. I picked up that Dead Space deal, because holy moly. Looking back, I'm not 100% sure why, since I can just play it through GP. They got me good for that game + DLC for under $10. Though, if that encourages more deals like this in the future...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ginormous76: Speaking of which Immortals of Aveum deluxe dropped to $9 tonight, though that's probably going on Gamepass soon, too. But at least if you buy these deluxe versions you get the DLC and you get to keep the game even if it drops off Game Pass (such as if they lose their deal with EA) so it's not exactly a waste of money unless you hate DLC/freedom and think you'll never want to play again in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.