Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

I pre-ordered an Xbox Series X but this is the least excited I've been about a console launch in a long time

• 55 results
    whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@onemanarmyy: This is the Internet. Everyone's a critic and literally any time you say "I'm doing this thing I'm not sure about" people will tell you not to do it even if you explain why you are.

I'd chalk it up to people generally not reading past your thread title; which made it sound like you are reallynot sure about the purchase.

I find it sort-of understandable... you did not get to the "this is why I am doing this, regardless" section until you had already gone into the topic for about [checks in MS Word] 600 words.

(No offense intended! I'm just playing devil's advocate; I agree that people should probably read the whole OP before posting lest their comment be immediately irrelevant!)

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I too think the launch lineup is weak but im totally fine with getting the Series X. Even with a strong ass launch lineup I really wouldn't care since Cyberpunk is out at that time and that would be getting my limited time regardless lol. Ill still be happy to play Cyberpunk with much faster load times.

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ok looks like some of the amazon pre orders have been delayed to December:-(

http://www.ign.com/articles/2020/11/09/amazon-xbox-series-x-pre-order-delay-december

eyesandsmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm really trying to understand the point of this post, but every time someone responds you seem to relish telling them why they are wrong and you should be disappointed in your own purchase. Buy a PS5? Buy a VR headset? Upgrade your PC? I don't know what to tell you. I hope you end up enjoying your purchase. Not everyone has $500 to spend on entertainment and complain about it. I'm personally just excited to have something I can do during covid and I like new machines.

infinity_thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hyped for the series x. I have several games I want to play on it and people seem to really be piling on the first party launch games narrative. While they may not have a new game outside Gears Tactics, they have several worthy enhancements to existing games which I have yet to play or need to play more of. That's new to me. Also AC Valhalla is the big new flashy game I'm itching for.

Fluidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I homestly think that the “slow drip” embargoed coverage of the next gen systems has REALLY hurt excitement over the units. Especially Microsoft. This was a bad call by their PR teams.

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I didn't turn on my xbox one much as I mainly got it for the tomb raider game so I wouldn't have to wait a year. I just hated how much of a slog the interface was so mostly stuck with ps4 but got xsx first as I can play all the gamepass games that I missed out on and will wait out ps5 as long as I can to build a backlog for a pro equivalent because I refuse to buy the same system twice when its working.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.