Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tropico 5

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 23, 2014

The fifth game in Kalypso's dictatorship simulation series. The game improves on trading, technology and research and adds competitive and cooperative multiplayer for the first time in the series.

Tropico 5 announced for PlayStation 4

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

Dictate-'em-up Tropico 5 has been confirmed for PlayStation 4! It will be the first game in the series to appear on Sony hardware ever ever ever.

Tropico 5 had already been announced for PC, Mac and Xbox 360, although there's no word on Xbox One - nor a release date past 2014. But on PS4, "Tropico and El Presidente have never looked better."

Also dropped (like a political opponent) in the press release was word of multiplayer in Tropico 5, both cooperative and competitive, and for up to four people. This is another series first, and our resident Tropico fanatic Tom Champion still can't picture how it'll work.

Tropico 5 also has dynasties, which allow you and your offspring to rule the tropical island for centuries, from colonial times through World Wars up to the modern day. Previous Tropico games had far narrower timespans, lasting only a few decades under one ruler.

Tropico is an often overlooked settlement-management series, although the games are deliciously corrupt and satirical. The 2009 Tropico 3 had more about it than the 2011 Tropico 4. Let's hope Tropico 5 will trounce the lot.

Source

I remember playing Tropico 3 on the 360 after watching the QL of it and i enjoyed my time with it. I look forward to the 5th installment and the inevitable GB quick look of next gen/current gen El Presidente.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I don't know if Tropico is overlooked so much as it's extremely suspect after 4 turned out to be such a cash grab. We'll see.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've just started getting into Tropico 4 after getting the itch to play a city-builder and not being able to bear Simcity. I'm pretty excited that it will be on PS4 although it would have been a bit nicer if they had a launch date PC/PS4 or otherwise.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Got me eye on this one for sure.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By donutfever

I'll play it on PC, but the more places people can get it, the better. It's a great series!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

fuck yes, sold, i do hope they use the touchpad

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.