Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Extremely long load times

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BurBan_Snake

Is anyone else getting extremely long load times on initial boot up/group joining?

I'm running on my PC, an i5 4690K with a GTX980TI and 8Gb of 1866 G.Skill RAM. Running on a standard hard drive, but many of my friends who are using SSDs have also mentioned extremely long load times when doing these two actions as well (and fast traveling.. It's not so fast either).

Just wanted to see if this was a server side issue for anyone else.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Shivoa

Nope, got it on PC vs PS4 in part because the load times were bad on PS4 (fast travel was faster than walking but... I'd stretch my legs when doing so) and maybe 10-30 seconds on PC for the worst parts (PS4 was easily waiting over a minute at time for some loads). There are a few times when I've been left sitting but it's been the "connecting" thing before the progress bar so pretty clearly a server connection issue.

But I've only got 2GB of VRAM to fill so a third of the texture load you've got (and mine is loading from fast SSD not slow platter drives). If your drive can only sustain 50MB/s reads (really realistic for potentially fragmented files and having to jump through them for the local assets needed in any location) then that's 120 seconds of reads before that 6GB of VRAM is full of data. On a nice SSD, that's a 12 second read. The Division seems like it has a lot of assets it could load to fill out the memory while loading.

i5-2500K (@4.5GHz), GTX760 2GB [Pascal or Polaris can't come soon enough but this game is actually pretty amazing looking even turned down to get 1080p60], various recent mainstream Samsung SSDs, have run with 8GB 1866MHz but now using 24GB after an upgrade. Windows 10.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThePanzini

Not sure about the initial boot up but joining a group the game will seemingly pause or hang cause the leader fast traveling it'll wait before loading.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have max 15sec loadtimes. The only times it goes above that is when there are some connectionproblems. Its day and night compared to Destiny where the loadtimes alone killed the game experience for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

Load times are fairly quick for me even on PS4 so it must be something wrong.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running off my SSD initial boot takes little over a minute and fast travel seems to take 30-40 seconds. Which sometimes feels like an eternity to me. Running it 1080p with maxed settings on a overclocked GTX780 3GB.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@shivoa said:

Nope, got it on PC vs PS4 in part because the load times were bad on PS4 (fast travel was faster than walking but... I'd stretch my legs when doing so) and maybe 10-30 seconds on PC for the worst parts (PS4 was easily waiting over a minute at time for some loads).

Yeah, it can vary, but about a minute is the correct on average. I have had it longer and i have had it shorter...C'est la vie.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By butano

I was getting pretty long load times last night after the patch they did. My guess is that it had to re-initialize a lot of things post-patch after that first startup. I'm hoping tonight it won't take as long.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I think this may have something to do with today's PC server problems. Although, right after the 1.02 patch my load times were about 10 times as long as usual. It was only during the first loading of each area, though. After that they were more or less back to normal. But I've noticed whenever Uplay is about to shit the bed, load times can be inordinately long. I'm running a PCIE SSD by the way, normally my load times are about 10 seconds at the most.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.