Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 02, 2024

Rocksteady Studios returns to the DC Universe with Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad delayed again

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

The State of Play special Suicide Squad presentation was supposed to get people hyped for the game coming out during the Spring in May. But instead, it mostly caused the opposite by many people claiming the game looked underwhelming and tedious. The fact its also a live service game instead of a narrative adventure, many gamers are already feeling down about it. Given that lot of new live service games are dying on the vine, does Rocksteady have a chance to save this game with the delay, or will the game be dead on arrival no matter how long they hold it back before finally releasing it?

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By lapsariangiraff

We can only speculate as to why they delayed, but if this was in reaction to the State of Play reception, I think Rocksteady made a big mistake. What people were reacting to wasn't polish, but the core gameplay and genre, the kind of mistake that was several years in the making (IE, the moment they bet on live service games still being relevant by the time development was finished) and that much more impossible to course-correct from.

Also, just conceptually, though I'm not the first to say this -- a superhero game that's a third person shooter? With guns as mundane as these? Really? Can't wait to unlock the Legendary Harley Quinn AK-47.

If it's polish, though, godspeed, get the game out in a state they can live with as quickly as possible so they can move on to the next project.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
    spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By spacemanspiff00

I feel bad for WB Montreal and Rocksteady. I doubt either studio wanted to make the game they ended up producing. It took almost a decade to get them both out and I have no doubt its because of executive tampering at every turn. WB, much like EA, seems to completely misuse talent. I think Destiny worked out because it was always meant to be what it was and was backed by devs that wanted to make that experience. The time it took to get Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad(close enough) out should have resulted in something much better and more substantial if there was an actual plan and vision beyond following trends and chasing imaginary dollar signs.

Now that we're here, its depressing to see Rocksteady's 8 year absence result in whatever Suicide Squad ends up being after what we've seen.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

While watching one of the MinnMax disscussions about the Psychonauts 2 documentary, somebody made the unknowingly prescient comment that watching the story of how it took 6 long years to make was ultimately a very, very good video game, one whom everyone that contributed to its making could now look back on those hard, painful years fondly really makes you wonder if the people working on Suicide Squad or Gotham Knights are doing okay, like, at all.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThePanzini

After Rocksteady's success with Arkham Knight they would have had plenty of latitude on what to do next, I mean they can pretty much pick anything from the DC/WB catalogue.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shindig

Arkham Knight wasn't without problems. The PC Port was effectively written off. That was withdrawn from sale for months? That would've hit the bottom line, even if that wasn't on Rocksteady's watch.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is the delay is just an attempt to control the narrative, to make people think that they're fixing it when very obviously they aren't. The game's been in development for so many years that a few months won't matter, and maybe releasing after the summer makes sense business-wise anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.