Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

What class did Jeff say was awesome in old republic??

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

I want to play a cool story class. Which one was the cool one? it was a sith....

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

imperial agent is the most un star wars class (which makes it the best one). It's filled with way more moral ambiguity than the others.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By buft

Sith warrior, Jeff as far as i recall always plays the most melee focused class in RPGs

KlUMZeE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KlUMZeE

I really enjoyed playing as the Jedi Consular, it has some pretty cool powers and the story was pretty intriguing and fun.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

@Animasta said:

imperial agent is the most un star wars class (which makes it the best one). It's filled with way more moral ambiguity than the others.

I think that's the one Ryan liked, but don't quote me on it. I know someone on the staff was really into that class.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buft

@PenguinDust said:

@Animasta said:

I think that's the one Ryan liked, but don't quote me on it. I know someone on the staff was really into that class.

thats the one i played in the first trial weekend they did, the first few cutscenes that i got through where pretty dark. its my understanding that all the stories are pretty good though

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Imperial Agent is supposed to have the most interesting storyline. Apparently there's a whole lot of backstabbing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Animasta

@buft said:

@PenguinDust said:

@Animasta said:

thats the one i played in the first trial weekend they did, the first few cutscenes that i got through where pretty dark. its my understanding that all the stories are pretty good though

not really. Most of the force classes stories are way less interesting than the forceless classes.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Agent and Smuggler have pretty cool stories, I personally liked the Sith Inquis and Bounty Hunter ones as well.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By super2j

i think it was the imperial agent??? and it was Ryan going crazy with that one?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

Jeff played a Sith Warrior, I believe.
    Ryan definitely played an Imperial Agent.

Stay away from Jedi Knight/Consular if you want interesting stories, because those two are awful. Imperial Agent is good; so is Act I of Smuggler (kinda falls off after that, but the first Act was my favorite part of any of the stories I played).

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#12  Edited By Mystyr_E

Trooper and Agent have the best storylines by far.

Inquisitor's story is.....ok but the line readings for full evil are awesome (especially the females)

stay faaaar away from the Consular story though, they suck.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By connerthekewlkid

imperial agent has the best story (but mostly because the lead writer worked directly on that one)

but i also like my trooper story as of now

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Pinworm45

I don't know what jeff said, but Imperial Agent is fucking amazing.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By buft

@Animasta said:

@buft said:

@PenguinDust said:

@Animasta said:

not really. Most of the force classes stories are way less interesting than the forceless classes.

To be fair the only force class i played only played the sith magic user class and that story was pretty good, all about betrayal and deciept like i imagined it would be like the first time i landed on Korriban in the original KOTOR games,i didnt touch any of the Jedi stuff, so you are probably right.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By super2j

So i am getting into the first mission and this seems pretty awesome. I have not spent much time in MMO's and i think the set up is really cool. I have a feeling i may be spending some time with this game.....I didnt expect this.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hilikus

@super2j: I highly recommend keeping with Imperial Agent

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ruiner

anything but Jedi Consular... most of theme are interesting.

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By isaiah

Playing a Light Side Sith Warrior was a LOT of fun, although to be honest I played until I finished that story line and got bored and quit, so there might be better.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Karkarov

@super2j said:

I want to play a cool story class. Which one was the cool one? it was a sith....

Well as a guy who has actually played more than one class to 50... if you want the best stories go Sith.

Imperial Agent has the best storyline, followed by Inquisitor, then Warrior, and Bounty Hunter isn't bad either I just think it is the worst of the Sith side.

Republic side I would advise Smuggler, Knight, Consular, and Trooper in that order. In my opinion even the best Republic story lines are only slightly better than the worst Empire ones though. I will say the Knight storyline is definitely the biggest power trip of all the class stories in my opinion.

Edit: Don't know why people seem to like trooper in earlier posts. I found it abysmally generic and predictable. Though most of the stories WERE predictable to a certain degree, even the Agent's.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super2j

@Karkarov said:

@super2j said:

Well as a guy who has actually played more than one class to 50... if you want the best stories go Sith.

Imperial Agent has the best storyline, followed by Inquisitor, then Warrior, and Bounty Hunter isn't bad either I just think it is the worst of the Sith side.

Republic side I would advise Smuggler, Knight, Consular, and Trooper in that order. In my opinion even the best Republic story lines are only slightly better than the worst Empire ones though. I will say the Knight storyline is definitely the biggest power trip of all the class stories in my opinion.

Edit: Don't know why people seem to like trooper in earlier posts. I found it abysmally generic and predictable. Though most of the stories WERE predictable to a certain degree, even the Agent's.

this is a very informative post. How different are the stories? and If was just interested in the story, how long will it take me? Now, this question is a matter of opinion, but is the story good enough that u were satisfied, and not just for mmo standards for story.

beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By beomoose

My Sith Warrior (Marauder) just hit 50. The story has been decent enough, though if you're surprised by any of the "twists" it's probably because you've been drinking too much. My IA is only 15 and has been fairly interesting already, but I'm not all that in love with the class' mechanics. About to start a FemTrooper because I need more Jennifer Hale in my life.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karkarov

@super2j said:

this is a very informative post. How different are the stories? and If was just interested in the story, how long will it take me? Now, this question is a matter of opinion, but is the story good enough that u were satisfied, and not just for mmo standards for story.

They are different but similar in some ways. Most cross over you see is actually through interactions with your companions and not the stories themselves. For example as a Jedi Knight I had a very brief spot where I kept Kaliyo Djanis (Imperial Agent Companion) as a Hostage while one of my Companions was off doing something for her employer. You will get the kinds of story you should expect but in a good way. Don't expect say.... the Sith Inquisitor story to have much if any common ground with the Bounty Hunter story. Each character has their own agenda, their own common story NPC's, and their own personal battles.

This is not Guild Wars 2 where every character of this race with this backstory winds up doing these missions regardless of class. A Jedi Knight will never do a Jedi Consular mission and odds are will never even meet most if not all the Consular stories major NPC's. You might end up in the same place, at the same time, but story mission wise you will be there for completely different reasons and each will have a section of the map they deal with but no one else does.

The stories themselves are not "standard mmo fare". The only mmo that I feel has a better set of "story" missions is probably The Secret World. But in TSW every character gets the same story missions so it isn't quite the same thing. I was not disappointed by any of them I played but like I said.... some are definitely better than others. Also some stories are more.... "interesting" if you take a certain alignment. Normally it is a opposite approach. Like the Jedi Knight story is pretty uh.... average if you play it straight like a good little Luke. However if your character ends up looking like this by the end of the game:

No Caption Provided

The class story has a little more "flavor" to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really liked the Trooper not necessarily for the story but just to get to be a trooper throughout the rest of the quests. I felt more connected to any quest handed out by Republic military personnel, felt more like brothers in arms than when you play as Han Solo or the space wizards. "The imps sneak attacked Blade Squadron, killed most of my men. We were transporting important data that we can't let them have. Retrieve the data, and avenge Blade Squadron, soldier." Like that felt directly me in a way that it wouldn't if I was a lightsaber dork.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.