Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2017

EA's second Star Wars Battlefront features cross-era characters and locations from the original, prequel and sequel Star Wars movie trilogies. It also includes multiplayer character classes and a story-driven single-player campaign.

Battlefront 2: impressions from the trial, and hopeful DICE/EA fixes things

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a957513e44
    deactivated-5b4a957513e44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Hello,

Has anyone else tried Battlefront 2? What does everyone think of it?

For me, its a tragedy because the core game is a lot of fun. The presentation is there along, with gameplay enhancements that make the game feel more fleshed out (more power trooper classes, more guns, better maps). I could be crazy, but the shooting feels better too; I generally did not curse at my monitor when dying to another player because it was my fault I died. I also like that you don't have to pick up a card to be a hero; if you're good, you spend match credits to be whoever you want. But the pay 2 win stuff is real. The star cards give an advantage to those who do not have them. I saw people with bubble shields, better armor, or more damage for their grenades. I played for three hours, and did not receive a single assault class star card (though I did for some heroes and vehicles). Further, the game puts you in a dilemma: do you spend credits on heroes, or on upgrading existing classes? After every match, I only received on average 200 credits per match.

The microtransactions are an inherent part of the game. Its too bad because this could be contender for best multiplayer of the year.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Profanity is not permitted in thread titles. Edited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.