Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spore

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2008

Simulate the development and progression of an alien species as it evolves from a single-celled organism to a sapient level, rises up through various stages of civilization, and eventually becomes a space-faring species.

So what is this Creature Creator thingermajigger?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

As far as I'm concerned, my computer won't run Spore. Needless to say, that sucks. But I find myself unwilling to continuously update my computer and I know the consequences, I accept that.

The clause: I heard something, somewhere, about a "Creature Creator" download.
    The questions:

1. Is it still available?
    2. If so, where can I find it?
    3. Do you need the specs for Spore to run the Creature Creator?

Help's always appreciated.

Viva la GiantBomb!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You must have a seriously sucky computer if it won't run spore. Even my 2 year old laptop that was underpowered when I got it can play spore. Are you using like a 5 year old computer or something?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
    MattyFTM said:
    "You must have a seriously sucky computer if it won't run spore. Even my 2 year old laptop that was underpowered when I got it can play spore. Are you using like a 5 year old computer or something?"

:O!

No, I just assumed. I have an HP that is about 2 years old, Dual Core but it isn't by any means a gaming PC.

srsly?! Damn, I actually would love to get that game. I'm on my dad's computer right now so I couldn't put up my specs, but I'll try to use www.systemrequirementslab.com if that is still a legitimate source.

Is your laptop a gaming PC, though? I don't want to get my hopes too high.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

Your computer can probably run Spore. It's not a very tough game to run at all.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

At playable settings? If I was able to run The Witcher at medium/upper-medium settings would you say that I could run Spore?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    BiggerBomb said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "You must have a seriously sucky computer if it won't run spore. Even my 2 year old laptop that was underpowered when I got it can play spore. Are you using like a 5 year old computer or something?"

:O!

No, I just assumed. I have an HP that is about 2 years old, Dual Core but it isn't by any means a gaming PC.

srsly?! Damn, I actually would love to get that game. I'm on my dad's computer right now so I couldn't put up my specs, but I'll try to use www.systemrequirementslab.com if that is still a legitimate source.

Is your laptop a gaming PC, though? I don't want to get my hopes too high.
    "
    Nope, I got it about 2 years ago... Actually it was more like 1 year 6 months ago for around £400 (which was pretty much the cheapest I could get that wasn't extremely crap. It was nowhere near a gaming laptop). Spore's system requirements are fairly low. Its not pretty to look at on its lower settings, but its still fun to play. I figured it wouldn't work on my laptop, but I tested it on system requrements lab, and it said it would run it, and I got it, and it worked.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I checked it on SRM on this computer which I believe is worse than my own computer and it said it would run. SRM used to have a bar that said "Minimum Requirements" and "Reccomended Requirements" but when I ran Spore on this computer there was no bar for Reccomended Requiremends. Rather, the green bar went very far forward but without the bar to show comparison.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    BiggerBomb said:
    "At playable settings? If I was able to run The Witcher at medium/upper-medium settings would you say that I could run Spore?"
    I've just tested to see if my laptop will play the witcher on system requirements lab, and it failed (not enough RAM), so it looks like your PC should be able to play spore.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb

Hm, that is good. It will give me something to do while my 360 RIP's.

*sigh*

Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I checked it on SRM on this computer which I believe is worse than my own computer and it said it would run. SRM used to have a bar that said "Minimum Requirements" and "Reccomended Requirements" but when I ran Spore on this computer there was no bar for Reccomended Requiremends. Rather, the green bar went very far forward but without the bar to show comparison."

Your graphics card does support Pixelshader 2.0, right? I've seen some people with that problem before.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Gamer_152 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I checked it on SRM on this computer which I believe is worse than my own computer and it said it would run. SRM used to have a bar that said "Minimum Requirements" and "Reccomended Requirements" but when I ran Spore on this computer there was no bar for Reccomended Requiremends. Rather, the green bar went very far forward but without the bar to show comparison."

Your graphics card does support Pixelshader 2.0, right? I've seen some people with that problem before."

Once again, not sure about this one. My dad's old computer was a piece of crap but then he got a new computer. I know it's an HP but the tower is really small, I don't know if that tells you anything.

I wouldn't be running it here, I'd be running it in my room and I don't believe that I had this problem on my computer.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb

Ererm...

Thanks for the help everybody, you have enlightened me. I checked Brad's review again, watched Jason Ocampo's review, and read a very impressive user review on the Spore page.

Bottom line: I think I'm gunna pass on Spore! =P

Sorry to waste your time?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.