Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shinra Electric Power Company

Concept »

Shinra is a ruthless mega-corporation who harvest Mako, the life force of the planet Gaia, and transforms it into electricity to power the city of Midgar and its surrounding area. Famous for the Jenova Project which resulted in the creation of Sephiroth.

Shinra Electric Power Company as a Concept?

Pierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Pierce

I've played FF 7 and beaten it.  Great game in its time.  But this has really got me bothered.

I don't mean to hate, but Shinra Electric Power Company as a concept???  C'mon.  Health is a concept.  Menus is a concept.  Character creation, save points, first person - these are concepts of a video game.  Shinra Electric Power Company???  It's an organization.  It's like a Macguffin.

How many games are gonna have this as a concept?  Only games within the FF 7 story.

Maybe Giantbomb should have a new category that groups things like Shinra EPC and Koopa together.  To me, that would make much more sense.  They could call it...uh, Groups, Classes, Clusters, Hierarchies, Syndicates...Posses?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The help page says this about concepts:

"Concepts are the most loosely defined data type, serving as kind of a catch-all for pages and associations that don't currently fit into one of the other data types, such as a race of creatures, a specific in-game event, character abilities, and gameplay characteristics."

Therefore, it is in the right place. Although I think gameplay characteristics should be separated from everything else, since they seem to be taking up most of the concepts page, so that would leave the concepts page more balanced. Although they did say in last weeks bombcast that they might separate the concepts section out a bit, and its only a beta at the moment, you don't expect everything to be perfect just yet.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DualReaver

I really need to get around to beating FF7, I've made like 6 attempts to play the whole thing, but I just keep losing interest. >_<

Pierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Pierce

Ah, makes sense now.  Thanks Matty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.