Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Razor Ramon

Character » appears in 13 games

Razor Ramon is a professional wrestler who appears in WWE games.

5 ways to make Giant Bomb even better.

• 65 results
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

Special thanks to Giant Bomb: it's a website.
    I'm not really an expert on website design.  I do have a Facebook page I never use and a MySpace page that I use even less, but that doesn't really count.  I'm just a regular dude that plays video games.  But I've been around Giant Bomb long enough to know what the site needs to improve its stature among the great gaming websites.  I know what you're thinking.  The site is perfect as is and doesn't need any major changes or new features.  So here's some ideas that I cooked up to make the site better. 

Go netro!

Wouldn't it be awesome if we can see how Giant Bomb would look like in 1995?  I would guarantee that Times New Roman would be the font of choice.  Giant Bomb is way too flashy as it is and a major downgrade should be implemented for those running older computers.  There's a small percentage that are browsing Giant Bomb through Netscape Navigator on their old Pentium processor and we should accommodate those by changing the font to Times New Roman and lowering the image quality to something more reasonable. 

More Persona Endurance Runs!

I won't put a gun to your head, but give me my P3 FES ER!
    The ER (as the cool kids call it) was a major success according to the analysts and so why stop with Persona 4?  In fact, why did they stop the Persona 4 ER?  There's new game plus still to be done!  And Brad and Ryan are truly slacking off in this category.  You two should get started on the Persona 3: FES ER ASAP!  And Drew, Dave, I didn't forget about about you guys.  Persona 2 ER now!  Start with Innocent Sin, obviously.  I'll be waiting. 

Also, don't forget to keep the video quality low for retro Giant Bomb. 

Review everything!

I'm pissed off that Giant Bomb didn't review  Daisy Fuentes Pilates because I'm waiting for their opinion before I go buy it for myself.  And I'm sure many of your favorite games were snubbed of a proper review as well.  Since 2008, hundreds of games have been forgotten by the staff while other sites such as IGN have reviewed every game in existence, even games they haven't played or that have been announced!  Pick up the slack slackers! 

Speaking of reviews, more detailed scoring system!

The 5-star system works fine for movies, music, recipes, hotels, and generals, but we are better than that!  We are fucking Giant Bomb and we can boost our 5-star rating to a 6-star by going with a major overhaul of the scoring system.  I highly recommend going with a 1000-point scale with separate scores based on graphics, controls, presentation, box art, intro screen, resolution, fan service, amount of gore, retroness, and more.  There will be 3 overall scores which will depend on console preference, fanboy excitement, and geographical region.  I've already analyzed the Muramasa review and it would've gotten an 876, 809, and 748 respectively. 

Also, games will be reviewed by everyone on the staff and everyone has to give it a rating a la Famitsu. 

More interviews with former wrestlers!

Remember the Sgt. Slaughter interview?  Awesome stuff indeed, but why stop at the Sarge when there are dozens of former wrestlers out there that have yet to die early from excessive steroid use?  It's too late to get that exclusive with the Junkyard Dog or Rick Rude, but Razor Ramon is still available. 

Vinny can slaughter him.
    Vinny can slaughter him.
    At least... I think he's still alive. 

So now that I've given you all the advice needed to perfect the most perfect site in the universe, please feel free to implement all of my plans and watch the traffic skyrocket.  And once the billions pour in, you can buy yourself a real diamond-encrusted skull or whatever. 

And don't forget to get me something nice, too.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dalai

I'm not really an expert on website design.  I do have a Facebook page I never use and a MySpace page that I use even less, but that doesn't really count.  I'm just a regular dude that plays video games.  But I've been around Giant Bomb long enough to know what the site needs to improve its stature among the great gaming websites.  I know what you're thinking.  The site is perfect as is and doesn't need any major changes or new features.  So here's some ideas that I cooked up to make the site better. 

Go netro!

Wouldn't it be awesome if we can see how Giant Bomb would look like in 1995?  I would guarantee that Times New Roman would be the font of choice.  Giant Bomb is way too flashy as it is and a major downgrade should be implemented for those running older computers.  There's a small percentage that are browsing Giant Bomb through Netscape Navigator on their old Pentium processor and we should accommodate those by changing the font to Times New Roman and lowering the image quality to something more reasonable. 

The ER (as the cool kids call it) was a major success according to the analysts and so why stop with Persona 4?  In fact, why did they stop the Persona 4 ER?  There's new game plus still to be done!  And Brad and Ryan are truly slacking off in this category.  You two should get started on the Persona 3: FES ER ASAP!  And Drew, Dave, I didn't forget about about you guys.  Persona 2 ER now!  Start with Innocent Sin, obviously.  I'll be waiting. 

Review everything!

I'm pissed off that Giant Bomb didn't review  Daisy Fuentes Pilates because I'm waiting for their opinion before I go buy it for myself.  And I'm sure many of your favorite games were snubbed of a proper review as well.  Since 2008, hundreds of games have been forgotten by the staff while other sites such as IGN have reviewed every game in existence, even games they haven't played or that have been announced!  Pick up the slack slackers! 

The 5-star system works fine for movies, music, recipes, hotels, and generals, but we are better than that!  We are fucking Giant Bomb and we can boost our 5-star rating to a 6-star by going with a major overhaul of the scoring system.  I highly recommend going with a 1000-point scale with separate scores based on graphics, controls, presentation, box art, intro screen, resolution, fan service, amount of gore, retroness, and more.  There will be 3 overall scores which will depend on console preference, fanboy excitement, and geographical region.  I've already analyzed the Muramasa review and it would've gotten an 876, 809, and 748 respectively. 

Also, games will be reviewed by everyone on the staff and everyone has to give it a rating a la Famitsu. 

Remember the Sgt. Slaughter interview?  Awesome stuff indeed, but why stop at the Sarge when there are dozens of former wrestlers out there that have yet to die early from excessive steroid use?  It's too late to get that exclusive with the Junkyard Dog or Rick Rude, but Razor Ramon is still available. 

Vinny can slaughter him.
    Vinny can slaughter him.
    At least... I think he's still alive. 

So now that I've given you all the advice needed to perfect the most perfect site in the universe, please feel free to implement all of my plans and watch the traffic skyrocket.  And once the billions pour in, you can buy yourself a real diamond-encrusted skull or whatever. 

And don't forget to get me something nice, too.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Dalai said:
    "  Wouldn't it be awesome if we can see how Giant Bomb would look like in 1995?  I would guarantee that Times New Roman would be the font of choice.  Giant Bomb is way too flashy as it is and a major downgrade should be implemented for those running older computers.  There's a small percentage that are browsing Giant Bomb through Netscape Navigator on their old Pentium processor and we should accommodate those by changing the font to Times New Roman and lowering the image quality to something more reasonable. 
    No to this part. Giantbomb was created in the now. People should try and get with the times, especially since you can buy some computers dirt cheap nowadays that would have 0 problems running Giantbomb smoothly.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

This isn't funny in the least.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

I'm still waiting for that Princess Debut review.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By landon

Don't know if this is suppose to be funny, but do you honestly expect a review of every game that comes out every week between the 4 of them? Even IF Drew and Dave decide to become full reviewers, it would never happen.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#6  Edited By JackiJinx
    @Lies: Luchadeer's still working on it.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dalai

Apparently I'm no good at sarcastic blogs.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

Ahaha, I like how people are taking this seriously.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ
    @Dalai said:
    " Apparently I'm no good at sarcastic blogs. "
    no, you are, it's just that some people don't read entire posts before commenting. I can't imagine anyone taking the 1000 point scale seriously
    CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By CactusWolf
    @Dalai said:
    I liked it, for the record. 

@LiquidPrince said:
    " @Dalai said:
    "  Wouldn't it be awesome if we can see how Giant Bomb would look like in 1995?  I would guarantee that Times New Roman would be the font of choice.  Giant Bomb is way too flashy as it is and a major downgrade should be implemented for those running older computers.  There's a small percentage that are browsing Giant Bomb through Netscape Navigator on their old Pentium processor and we should accommodate those by changing the font to Times New Roman and lowering the image quality to something more reasonable. 
    No to this part. Giantbomb was created in the now. People should try and get with the times, especially since you can buy some computers dirt cheap nowadays that would have 0 problems running Giantbomb smoothly. "
    Oh wow. Did you read the entire thing?
    LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By LiquidSwords

Sarcastic or not,  this was lame
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Show 'em your ass Dalai.

No Caption Provided

Now, that's better.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @wordsgohere said:
    " @Dalai said:

@LiquidPrince said:
    " @Dalai said:
    No to this part. Giantbomb was created in the now. People should try and get with the times, especially since you can buy some computers dirt cheap nowadays that would have 0 problems running Giantbomb smoothly. "
    Oh wow. Did you read the entire thing? "
    No, I read the first paragraph or two and just skimmed. It seemed like a serious blog from just reading the Netro section.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

Dalai... 

...I don't agree with anything you said.  Actually, I kept thinking "did someone hack Dalai's account?". 

Nice header, though.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Claude said:
    " Show 'em your ass Dalai.

No Caption Provided
    Now, that's better. "
    Mmm...dat ass.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buzz_clik
    @Claude said:
    " Show 'em your ass Dalai.

No Caption Provided
    Now, that's better. "
    FILE UNDER: Would tap.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Hey, put this blog post back where it belongs before you get Razor's Edged'd.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ubiquitous

hah 1000 point system... GENIOUS!! All sarcasm aside I acctually would like a 10 point system better than a 5 point system. Doesn't matter much though considering the review itself is what is important (kind of) not the score so much.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Hey chico! I think you might be onto something. Actually, I don't know. I agree about the reviews. Especially Daisy Fuentes Pilates. I'd prefer an interview with her over a wrestler any day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell did people not see this as a joke, I thought it was great. 

I'd totally agree on seeing Giantbomb in 1995 form, it'd be awesome.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By jeff

We are working on six of these five things right now.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#22  Edited By jeff

We are working on six of these five things right now.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#23  Edited By AgentJ
    @Jeff said:
    " We are working on six of these five things right now. "
    Is preventing double posts the sixth thing?
    09spade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 09spade09

To be honest I can only think of 2 ways to make giant bomb a bit better. These are: 
    1. Stop double post's. 
    2. Be able to play the little bit of the game being reviewed if possible.  

Take my post into account. :)

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By ArchScabby

These are all bad ideas.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zabant

you people took this seriously?

God damn does the man have to write the whole thing in italics for you to get it?

lighten the F up folks.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jNerd
    @Dalai said:
    "

Go netro!

Review everything!

Vinny can slaughter him.
    Vinny can slaughter him.
    At least... I think he's still alive.  So now that I've given you all the advice needed to perfect the most perfect site in the universe, please feel free to implement all of my plans and watch the traffic skyrocket.  And once the billions pour in, you can buy yourself a real diamond-encrusted skull or whatever.  And don't forget to get me something nice, too. "
    Almost everyone of your points is stupid.  
    If you're browsing GB on Netscape, grow-up. 
    The reviews don't need to be more detailed, they won't ever review EVERYTHING, & we don't need anymore Persona endurance run. 
    I wouldn't mind more interviews with classic wrestlers though.....
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jNerd

Besides the fact that you asking for a mroe detailed  review system shows how ignorant you are to what the crew of GB are going for with these reviews. They've already expressed there opinions on the 5 Star reviews & how it is never going to change.... This isn't IGN bro. l8

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By alexrubens

This is ridiculous. If you want all that stuff, use ad blocker and visit IGN. Giant Bomb doesnt need any of that crap.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crono11

I love how it's already been said a long time ago that this was a sarcastic blog yet people are still taking it seriously.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#31  Edited By LordAndrew
    @jNerd: Dude, he wasn't being serious. I'm sure he knows those things. :D

Oh, and quoting the entire blog? Why would you do that?!
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dalai
    @Jeff said:
    " We are working on six of these five things right now. "
    So that hot dog toaster contest I forgot to add to the list is totally on!  You guys are awesome! 

@jNerd said:
    "

Besides the fact that you asking for a mroe detailed  review system shows how ignorant you are to what the crew of GB are going for with these reviews. They've already expressed there opinions on the 5 Star reviews & how it is never going to change.... This isn't IGN bro. l8

"
    There's only one way to respond to this. 

What?
    What?
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scooper
    @Dalai said:
    It's a shame but 95% of people can't detect sarcasm and take everything seriously.

I thought it was funny, keep 'em up!
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ajamafalous
    @StarFoxA said:
    " Ahaha, I like how people are taking this seriously. "
     This.

Although, I'd be open to more interviews with former wrestlers.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dbz1995

The only part I agree with is slightly more reviews; however, most games they review are ones that seem to be hyped, so that people actually know whether they should buy it, and not get games just because they are well-known. The main reason I didn't buy Street Fighter IV at the beginning is because Gamespot (which I relied the crap outta then) didn't rate it until a long, long time.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dalai

I have to retract my entire blog because apparently Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) currently wrestles for JCW.  Sorry for the mistake.

notsonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#37  Edited By notsonic
    @Dalai said:
    "Also, games will be reviewed by everyone on the staff and everyone has to give it a rating a la Famitsu. "

Thats actually not a terrible idea.

I wouldnt mind a full review and a second opinion type deal like I think gamepro or gameinformer does. Though you kind of get that with the quick looks anyway.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordAndrew
    @notsonic: If they had sufficient resources to allow multiple people to weigh in on a single game, I'd prefer they used those resources to review more games. I don't need to know what every staffer thinks of the game.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By damswedon
    @Dalai said:
    wait your being sarcastic. goddamn it those were all really good ideas.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LordAndrew
    @dbz1995: You mean a day? GameSpot posted their Street Fighter IV reviews the day after the game came out in North America. That's not a long time.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fallen189

Implement /rtv

DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DER
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @wordsgohere said:
    " @Dalai said:

@LiquidPrince said:
    " @Dalai said:
    Oh wow. Did you read the entire thing? "
    No, I read the first paragraph or two and just skimmed. It seemed like a serious blog from just reading the Netro section. "
    @jNerd said:
    "Almost everyone of your points is stupid.  
    If you're browsing GB on Netscape, grow-up. 
    The reviews don't need to be more detailed, they won't ever review EVERYTHING, & we don't need anymore Persona endurance run. 
    I wouldn't mind more interviews with classic wrestlers though..... "
    Wow, how can you people be so fucking stupid?  Did you guys miss the week of fourth grade where they taught everyone what sarcasm was, and have been lazy to google it ever since?
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordAndrew
    @DER: They teach sarcasm in school?
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dbz1995
    @LordAndrew: But in Europe, it was a little bit longer.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@everyone_who_didn't_detect_sarcasm:

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LordAndrew
    @dbz1995: Well, that's different then. It was published before the European release, and GameSpot UK receives reviews at the same time as the US site. So unless you had the opportunity to obtain the game prior to release, there should have been no wait at all.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ninjakiller

These ideas are great!!   Along the lines of reviewing every single that is released in the current gen, I feel that the guys should go back and retroly review games from past generations.  I DEMAND TO SEE VINNY'S REVIEW FOR PAPERBOY ON GAMEBOY COLOR.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @MattyFTM said:
    "  @everyone_who_didn't_detect_sarcasm:
    "
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Dalai said:
    "

Also, games will be reviewed by everyone on the staff and everyone has to give it a rating a la Famitsu. "
    I have to disagree with you. In my opinion the thousand, hundred, and even ten point scales allow for too much granularity. I mean really what is the difference between a score of 95 and a score of 97? The Giantbomb scale is perfect in its simplicity Two good ratings, two bad ratings, and one thats in the middle. All of this is explained in more detail in the FAQ and the earlier podcasts.
    mikenam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mikenam
    @Dalai: They intentionally dont review all the games out there because they have such a small staff to work with.  Their basic philosophy is that there are a ton of games out there, but only 5-10% of those games are played.  So they mostly review games that are of the upper elite of the games industry.  And ign can pump out reviews so fast because they have such a huge staff and huge office to work with.  Have you not seen how many people are on the Giant Bomb staff, and how big their office is.  So asking them to review everything would mean there would be less quick looks and other funny videos they put up.  Only thing that I would want from them that you put up on your list is a more detailed review thingy or maybe a score that could go up to 10 STARS.  I think that would be more awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.