Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 08, 2018

Obsidian Entertainment's second crowdfunded game, set in the pirate-infested tropical archipelago of Deadfire.

Released today, any impressions?

• 57 results
    Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Efesell

@rethla said:

@efesell: Well the things thats completly broken right now is importing saves and reputation with factions and persons. If you didnt particularly care about that then its fine.

For me its quite a big deal since im continuing my PoE1 playthrough.

But I do care deeply about that and imported a save I made myself prior to release.

Is there a specific route that's broken? It read all my histories just fine.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@efesell: Well specificly the first partymember you encounter had a brainwash between the games, thats supposed to be fixed now but reports on the forum is that its just partially fixed and other similair issues remain down the path.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

Hmmmm.

So I've just finished it. Done everything, etc.

I have some very harsh thoughts on the games overall main narrative and even harsher thoughts on the ending. I may need to sleep on it to mellow out, but this is the first time I've finished an Obsidian rpg and came away disappointed in their writing. This is the one criticism I did not expect to be making going in.

And apparently there were a couple of production factors as it turns out that might have something to do with it.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@tennmuerti: I'm about 20 hours in.

I am wholly indifferent on the main quest.

The side stuff has been okay so far the the regular character interactions and dialogue have been fine.

I'm enjoying the combat, though it seems a bit easier than usual.

I like exploring the world.

I'm not expecting much out of the main story. I dropped off PoE1 about 40 hours in, so will see how I go for this one.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#55  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@tennmuerti: Had to take a break from the game for a bit (carpal tunnel and PC gaming don't exactly mesh well together), but yeah, I've definitely started hearing some negative rumblings here and there about where the game's main story ends up. I'm looking forward to finding out myself where I stand, though I could see it going bad.

I'm really liking the setup of all the politics surrounding the Deadfire and most of the NPC companions, so it'd be a pity of the actual main story imploded along with that.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there's anything bad about the main story but it's very much designed to sort of drive you through the actual important story of the political mess that the Deadfire is in.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By soulcake

Yeah i finished it got a pretty grim ending i still thought helping theos was the right choice having mixed feeling like most of the people in here.

also north west of the map is a island that might have my favorite rpg quest of the latest 5 years check it out it's really good.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody have any insight into the console releases???

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.