Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

What to organize next for P4A community event?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

So I can feel it; Persona 4 Arena's online community is dying. It was inevitable, being a new IP anime fighting game. I feel the same is happening to our P4A community on Giant Bomb, despite all of the tournaments that I've been putting together for us.

I feel that our P4A events are not long for this world, so I've made this poll to see what people would want to participate in or see next.

Option A: Standard tournaments, pretty much exactly like the four double elimination ones we've had until now (possibly with a team tournament alongside it).

Option B: This would be tournaments like we've had before, but with special rules put in place like: everyone can only play X character, everyone plays a random character or players can't pick a character they won with for the duration of their match.

Option C: A GB P4A league. Players would sign up for this and meet up each week for a period of 4 weeks (which would be a season) to participate in round robins and accumulate points based on their wins. The rankings would be based on point earnings. (Special rules could also be part of this on a weekly basis)

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I've always preferred round robin leagues over single or double elimination tournaments. You could even set up the playoff stage like the Hong Kong 7s Rugby Tournament where there are four championship games; one for each each level of quality. So top tier teams play in the top tier championship and so on but all teams get experience playing the best teams and all participants have something to play for.

With that said I don't actually have P4A. I've just watched the tournaments. I do have KoF XIII from PS+ so I would participate in that even though I've never played it (or any other fighting game) before.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

After the first one all the tournaments have been PS3 exclusive, and because I own it on the Xbox I've kind of been pushed away. Not really sure what to tell yah.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mosespippy said:

I do have KoF XIII from PS+ so I would participate in that even though I've never played it (or any other fighting game) before.

Good to know. Might be something I do on a whim, mainly because of PS+ and the number of people who might own it now.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@JeanLuc said:

After the first one all the tournaments have been PS3 exclusive, and because I own it on the Xbox I've kind of been pushed away. Not really sure what to tell yah.

I would have done some 360 stuff and I own that copy of the game, after all, but there just wasn't enough people for anything to be worth it. With the small amount of PS3 folk currently, there'd probably be you and 2 other people (excluding me) interested in 360 events. It sucks, but it was to be expected.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Vashyron

I'd probably participate more, but my wireless went out and I only have the one wired connection, so I'm frequently having to decide between internet on my PC or my PS3 and (surprise!) PC wins out most of the time, since that's how I communicate with my non-gamer friends that live around the States.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By InfiniteSpark

I agree that the P4A group we have here is dying out, considering that we only got 19 in the last GB tourney and 15 for the sign-ups to the GB vs. GFAQs tourney. Not a lot of us are hanging around in the IIRC chat much as well.

Out of the options there, I'd probably go with one more standard tournament personally. I know we won't get many participants in the past, but the standard tournaments along with the team ones have been pretty enjoyable thus far. The second option with a P4A tournament with special rules could be fun and it's be a nice change from the standard tournament rules and would be my second pick.

I was for the ranbat idea when you introduced it earlier before we went ahead with the cross-site tournament instead. I'd still be up for it though I am feeling fatigued from all the P4A play myself. The length of time for the ranbat could keep the game going for a little longer, and I think the smaller active group is perfect to run a ranbat season.

KoF13 would be fun as many people are probably new to the game and definitely be a nice change from playing so much P4A. Unfortunately, we can't stream a KoF tourney due to the two-player only player lobby. The game's very sketchy netcode could be problematic as well.

Whatever you do Flux, I'll be up for it. It's been fun playing so much P4A with you and many others that I've come across here. Thanks!

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By YI_Orange

I'm up for basically anything P4A related. The community is definitely getting smaller, so even if we do something that's basically an excuse for us to get together and play a bunch I'd be in for sure. I really like this game, but the community is really the only thing keeps me playing. It's a great group of people that I have a ton of fun playing with. So whatever you decide, I'd support it.

As for KOF 13. I don't know. I tried it and didn't really like it's feel. Plus, learning another fighting game is not really something I want to do right now.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Aetheldod

@JeanLuc said:

aznjon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By aznjon12

Playstation All-Star Style Tournament.

Only kills with SP skills or instant kills count.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I think if you want to do anything P4A related, you might have to do it soon or the chance might pass by. It's kind of sad that the P4A online community is dying but that's with most anime games I guess. The GB vs GFAQs tourney might have burned some of us out since we played almost every day just to get ready for it. We never actually played that much right before any of the previous tourneys so I guess a small break is needed?

Also I'm down for Option C since it sounds fun to accumulate points.

TheFakePsychic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By TheFakePsychic

Truthfully, I'm down with whatever. I'll always be streaming.

That being said, I voted for league. That seems like it would be the best way to accrue matches so I could unlock the titles that I want.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By ESREVER

I voted for league as well.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By optimalpower

Anyone looking for someone to play against on the 360 should add me. I got the game recently and really like it, but there aren't that many people playing.

I'm OptimalPower on Xbox Live.

Spikes799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spikes799

I sure hope p4a doesn't die. I just got it and have only been able to do 1 tournament. I definently would like to do a league as well getting in as many matches as possible,but i think special rules matches are always fun. Maybe a mix? p.s Akihiko4life p.s.p.s I like KOF 13 if all else fails.

JRizzo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By JRizzo101

I want a P4A league, but anything involving P4A would be cool because I don't want to see the community for this game die; the game's too damn good! It's sad that I can't get into ranked match anymore.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mwng

Kinda tragic how this died off before it even hit the EU.

Will probably make a go of it if it ever does release here though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@JRizzo101 said:

I want a P4A league, but anything involving P4A would be cool because I don't want to see the community for this game die; the game's too damn good! It's sad that I can't get into ranked match anymore.

The P4A league already started and ended.

@mwng said:

Kinda tragic how this died off before it even hit the EU. Will probably make a go of it if it ever does release here though.

Yeah. It's funny how I remember some people finding it unfortunate that tournament #1 would take place before Europe got it, but we're in 2013 and it still hasn't been released there. I hope the rumors about February are true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.