Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Persona 4 Arena finally coming to Europe!

• 80 results
    Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=412369725504045&set=a.293977660676586.62381.166777336729953&type=1

Link for those who can't access it/don't have facebook: http://i.imgur.com/2TlC8NW.jpg

Just recently announced on the official facebook page. It's set to release on May the 10th, with preorder bonuses as shown on the picture.

So, are you going to buy P4A?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Used, yes.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Vanek

Nope. If the best they can do for being a year late is a CD and some artwork then I'm not touching it. I actually want to see how it gets priced to see if they try and charge £30 or more.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vanek said:

Nope. If the best they can do for being a year late is a CD and some artwork then I'm not touching it. I actually want to see how it gets priced to see if they try and charge £30 or more.

The reason why it took almost a year to get here is because Atlus can't into foward planning or setting up shop in Europe. Seriously, if Atlus just made a European division their lifes would be a lot more easier.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it's at a lower price point, comparable to the 192 SEK (30 USD) that Amazon currently lists it for in the US, I'll pick it up. If they release it at a full price then Atlus can go fuck themselves.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is all about price. £30? I'll consider it. £20-25? Sold. I have a feeling Atlus will fuck this up though.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustachio: It's currently listed at about £30.99 on amazon. Though I think this has been the price since the release date of the game was announced in the US, it may change.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A few months ago I was pretty hyped for this game but now it's gonna be all about the price. Won't be paying full price for this because of all the mess it's been through.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not a chance. I won't support the decision to region lock it and giving it to us so much later with nothing but a "digital fanpack" is a complete joke.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By leinad44

My interest for this game has pretty much evaporated. In my eyes there is no excuse to release a game 9 months late here.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By ToxicFruit

YAY :D.... was how i felt when it firsts came out and everyone was talking about it, Now not so much

light_grenade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By light_grenade

I'll buy it when the price drops possibly, but delaying it till now I still feel is a piss take.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was the "Something special" they were talking about for months really just that digital fan pack and a CD that everyone else got? I can just download all that stuff.

Comes out right before my exams, so I might actually give it a miss for a bit.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did something incredibly dumb to be able to play the game about a month back so I won't pre-order it or anything but I probably will get it, just for the DLC and to be able to play it on my main console. Also, for online play if any of yous wanna play.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well I just preordered the game from ShopTo.net for £29.86. I'll be willing to pay that price but I'm still hoping that it'll be cheaper before release.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used, yes.

I'm with this guy.

No way in hell am I supporting this piss poor delay and that region lock.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy @jebara

Oh yes buy it used because thát will convince them a eu shop is viable.

I'm pre-ordering it. I want my Persona 5 at the same time as the rest of the world. Showing them persona is wanted will do that.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mwng

I think my Amazon pre-order from 12 months ago is still valid, so I'll just leave that running.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is good news, last time i tried playing it took forever to find a match if any, so now when in FNALLY comes out in eu there will be more players. Also man that took what 9 months

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By s-a-n-JR

And it only took them 10 f**king months. But hey, at least we get a music CD and a bunch of wallpapers. YEAH THAT TOTALLY MAKES UP FOR IT.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebunnyhunter said:

This is good news, last time i tried playing it took forever to find a match if any, so now when in FNALLY comes out in eu there will be more players. Also man that took what 9 months

10 months and 3 days. Not like I was counting or anything...

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

If they release it on pc, yes. Not buying a 360 or ps3 so close to the end of the cycle just to play 1 game.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Optix12

Such a shame this delay has turned so many peoples answers to "meh, if its cheap enough". I guess I will say if people aren't going to be buying this because of the delay or used to show Atlus that this delay/region locking is stupid then find a way to tell them or give them feedback. If not then all it will tell them is Europe really isn't a big enough market to open up a European distribution centre.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thats the problem really isnt it. We need to show ATLUS that Europe is worth investing in but we also dont want to just let go of how much of a colossal mess this was.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I just bought this game last week and it's still really good.

Is it really that important that it took this long.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cloudenvy

@nictel: Oh shut up, will you? At least think about what you're writing before acting like a -insert bad word about you here-. You don't think we've thought about the pros and cons of buying it used instead of new? No, course not! Only you could've possibly done that. We're just making rash and angry decisions over here instead of deciding whether we'll accept Atlus Japan's greed which maybe will make them realize that Europe is a viable market (which they won't), or to take a stance against region locking on a previous region free console and them acting like Europe doesn't exist which may or may not make Atlus lose all interest in in the region.

I've made the decision, I'll accept the consequence. I don't need you to sit here and point out the obvious with your condescending tone.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Chibithor
    @petiew said:

Was the "Something special" they were talking about for months really just that digital fan pack and a CD that everyone else got? I can just download all that stuff.

They say in the Facebook post that "This is not the end though... there will be MORE news. And that news will be GOOD." So I'm guessing there's a collector's edition or something coming.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. New.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy: Dear cloudenvy, there seems to have been a misunderstanding, which I sincerely regret. First off, I don't think anyone but me would have thought of that. I only think you couldn't have thought of something like that. Seeing your very calm and balanced reply, I can only be right. Secondly, I am pre-ordering it for €33,- which is half the price of a regular game. So where exactly is the greed? Lastly I was not using a condescending tone, I was using a sarcastic tone. Now this post however was written in a condescending tone.

P.S. Relax.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pezen

As someone old enough to remember waiting months on European releases of games, who gives a shit? At least it's actually released. I'll definitely get it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel: Go read up why Atlus Japan region locked this in the first place, that's where the greed part comes in. Hell, most people even slightly familiar with the Japan devision will agree that it's one of the greediest companies.(cough @bocam)

The rest of your post is frankly nonsense and not worth responding to, but good to see that you're having fun.

P.S Just because someone is somewhat hostile doesn't mean that they can't be calm.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mwng

@chibithor said:

@petiew said:

They say in the Facebook post that "This is not the end though... there will be MORE news. And that news will be GOOD." So I'm guessing there's a collector's edition or something coming.

I hope so, they normally pull those daft editions that are only purchasable though them for an outrageous amount.

Either that or free DLC, as was the case with Calamity Trigger. An announcement that they'll actually be sticking to a May 10th release would be good news too...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just came here to say Atlus Japan is hella greedy. Something Japanese gamers make fun of them for. This is not an opinion. It's fact.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jebara

@nictel: Oh please, you expect us to buy it new and support this region lock and delay?

Wan't us also to tell send them a letter telling them if they keep leaving us ignored and further screwing us over will be okay and we will buy it no matter how late or bad it is?

At this point its obvious to everyone that Euro sales tank because Atlus takes way to long to get them over, also, supporting this means telling them the region lock was okay.

I'm not buying this cause I want to tell them this stuff is unacceptable, you either do it right or go home.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@nictel said:

Oh yes buy it used because thát will convince them a eu shop is viable.

I'm pre-ordering it. I want my Persona 5 at the same time as the rest of the world. Showing them persona is wanted will do that.

The game was region-locked in Europe because of copyright issues with the anime. It didn't have to do with lack of confidence from the publisher regarding the game's performance in a European market.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if you want to send a message to Atlus that there is an audience for this game in Europe but that we won't tolerate delays like this easily, then buy a new copy but buy it cheap. That way it would (hopefully) show that there is certainly a high number of eager people willing to play these games in our region, but that if you keep fucking with us you're just biting into your own profit margins.

That's the idea, at least.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

The game was region-locked in Europe because of copyright issues with the anime. It didn't have to do with lack of confidence from the publisher regarding the game's performance in a European market.

I'm pretty sure it was region locked because the US version was cheaper and came out only a week after the Japanese version. Atlus didn't want Japanese gamers importing the cheaper version. Not sure what the anime would have to do with it.

@chibithor: Yeah it sounds like it'll be a collectors/limited edition then.

@bocam: I remember reading some translated message board/blog posts around the time it was announced. Something to the effect of "Altus does it again ww", seemed like they pull it often.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SuperWristBands

@snail: I thought the region lock was because the JP version was released a week earlier than the NA version and the games were exactly the same so they didn't want the JP market to import the (I'm pretty sure) cheaper NA version.

It's been awhile though, so I can't remember it all that well.

edit: same thing said above me as I was typing this out.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Snail

@petiew said:

@snail said:

I'm pretty sure it was region locked because the US version was cheaper and came out only a week after the Japanese version. Atlus didn't want Japanese gamers importing the cheaper version. Not sure what the anime would have to do with it.

That's the reason why they region-locked it in general. You're correct there. But I really don't think that's the reason why they didn't sell it in Europe. That wouldn't make sense.

I think that by not releasing the game in Europe they would end up losing a lot more money than by allowing people to import from elsewhere. Besides, the issue outlined in the article I linked above is about people importing from the States to Japan right? So it doesn't even involve the European continent. Not only is the currency stronger in Europe, but shipping costs from Europe to Japan are probably much higher than from the States to Japan.

That said, I'm not finding anything related to the anime either. Which is odd, because I probably got that notion from somewhere. Odd. This article makes it seem like it's all about regionalization issues, but I don't remember a game ever taking this long to be regionalized, so that kinda sounds like bullshit. I mean it's been what, a year now? I remember Xenoblade Chronicles taking a while to reach the US, for instance, but not nearly as long. And that game came out in Europe way before it did in the US. Another example of like Xenoblade is The Last Story.

This is just weird.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Petiew

@snail: My bad, I must have just misread the post. Atlus don't have an EU branch, so this delay is actually quite normal for all of their games, if they ever even get a release. The onehitpixel article is a little confusing, as Atlus aren't the ones operating that facebook page. Zen United, the ones publishing the game in the EU are the ones that run it. I'd say the delay is because Atlus/Arc had more important things to focus on, and making changes to this game for an EU release was right at the bottom of their list.

I have no idea how the whole thing works, but I imagine Altus get considerably less money from Eu sales since they're not the publishers and as such they don't see the EU as important at all.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bocam

@petiew: That's like the sixth time I've seen my translation posted about P4A's region lock.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WarlordPayne

This is great news for me. I just got the game recently and I'm not very good at fighting games so I'm getting absolutely destroyed online. If a bunch of new players jump into the online I may actually be able to have some fun matches.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordpayne said:

This is great news for me. I just got the game recently and I'm not very good at fighting games so I'm getting absolutely destroyed online. If a bunch of new players jump into the online I may actually be able to have some fun matches.

THIS IS EUROPE, NO FUN ALLOWED!

What platform anyway? Probably still a little early to start gathering duders for fights.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WarlordPayne
    @mwng said:

@warlordpayne said:

THIS IS EUROPE, NO FUN ALLOWED!

What platform anyway? Probably still a little early to start gathering duders for fights.

PS3. Yeah, it's still over a month out, but I'll definitely be down for joining in with you guys when it hits.

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThomasG666

That's why i need a PS3.Seeing so many games coming out on Steam....A man can dream...

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

You Euro folks should really make a new thread with all euro players in a list. The OP for the social link thread has stopped updating it long ago.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EvilKatarn

I'm kind of happy I can't even give a fuck about the online aspect of the game being all ridiculous by the time it's out here. Xbox Live Gold and all that.

I just want to play it for the story and maybe local with some friends. Still not sure if I want to get it used or new, but I probably won't be able to resist. I've wanted this game for too long now.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mwng

Since this appears to be the new whine about P4A not being out in Europe yet thread. Zen just announced some more stuff that you can get with the game.

On the one hand, vinyl seems pretty cool, but on the other hand... I think it's only useful for attacking zombies with. Still, you get CD copy too.

No Caption Provided

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karmosin

Seems kinda neat. Not very practical though, have a vinyl-player, but will probably never play it. But yeah, it looks pretty nice =P

Not what I expected though, though I didn't really know what to expect to begin with.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EvilKatarn

Game has limited the vinyl to UK only. Fucking bastards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.