Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Not a fighting fan, should I get P4 Arena?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I have been much a fan of fighting games. I like Super Smash Bros and I occasionally enjoy playing Mortal Kombat with friends (locally only), but other than that I don't really much care for fighting games. I do, however, love both Persona 3 and 4, so the notion of continuing the story of those games is something I absolutely want to experience.

So, my questions are:

• Is the fighting system such that I could just button mash my way through the single player fights to experience the story?
    • Is the story even worth playing a genre that I don't really care for?
    • Would watching the story parts on youtube take away from the experience?

Thanks for the help.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle

@ll_Exile_ll: All the characters' play-throughs are on youtube, the fighting system is 2% of the story mode, look them up and enjoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If you have absol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

... Absolutely no interest in the gameplay, YouTube will be good enough. There is nothing in the gameplay that really 'amplify' the story like a survival horror game or so one.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By kerse

If you can get it cheap, I think its worth it. But no point in buying a game if you don't actually want to play any of it. Youtube would probably cover you.

Raem0268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Raem0268

Buy it! Story mode is about 20-25 hours long the game is about 30-40 bucks now? Supporting Atlus is the way to go!

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By vikingdeath1

Your experience with fighting games and the persona series appear to mirror my own, and to you I say;

Yeah, you would probably enjoy it. As long as you understand that you will basically be reading for 20 hours and fighting for maybe... an hour? if you only play the Story mode that is.

The insight into the characters of both persona 4 and 3 is interesting, and the two group's interactions with each other are enjoyable (and sometimes really fuckin funny) as well. I personally like the story of the game, and didn't like the main new character at first but eventually grew to like her. I am currently holding off on one of the character's campaign as I have heard it spoils the ending to persona 3, and I am like.... halfway through that game and am trying to finish it as soon as possible so I can get back to the P4 Arena story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.