Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

Souls matching bug?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

So I got something really weird going on with the soul matching. If I want to soul match a weapon or armor aside from gloves and boots 5,10 or even 20 levels it costs thousands, tens of thousands or at most a few 100k. If I try soul match gloves or boots like 2-3 levels they charge me 1.8 million. It just rises exponentially from there to 10s of millions or hundreds of millions, What gives? I need to maintain 5 warrior of the west pieces and I don't want the helmet because it looks dumb. For now I've been lucky finding boots and gloves on revenants but I shouldn't have to. What is going on?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

Cant say for certain but the cost of soul matching is relative to the level the gear was originally. So if you have been upgrading a glove from level 1 to level 50 then it will start costing millions etc. So it could be a bug or you could be leveling low level stuff too high. And that cost doesnt go down even if the armor/weapon is already upgraded to a higher level, it still counted as a level 1 etc

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

@oursin_360 said:

Cant say for certain but the cost of soul matching is relative to the level the gear was originally. So if you have been upgrading a glove from level 1 to level 50 then it will start costing millions etc. So it could be a bug or you could be leveling low level stuff too high. And that cost doesnt go down even if the armor/weapon is already upgraded to a higher level, it still counted as a level 1 etc

Ah, that make sense. Thankfully I found some warrior of the west boots that are higher level. Too bad the perks on them are trash. I'll probably switch to them when the ones I'm wearing are super extra underleveled

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I hate how it works. I hope it is a bug because I had a perfectly forged dual blades that I have to leave behind now because they cost... I can't even tell because there are so many numbers. I think it's 200 million to get it to my level. And I still have 20% more game to go, so that cost will go up even further.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.