Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

Nioh is fantastic, but I do have some minor annoyances

• 59 results
    Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sammo21: There was totally a black western samurai and I think he's in this game somewhere, but yeah as a character creation option it would be off.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#52  Edited By sammo21

@efesell: I had no idea of Yasuke (the black samurai) until you said that so I learned something today. I figured with Japan's long running nationalism that they wouldn't have ever allowed a black samurai.

Also, spoilers it looks like he is actually in the game at some point or is at least the inspiration for a character. Seems you can also unlock him as a playable skin?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@zevvion: I wasn't talking about dealing damage.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@humanity: You said you were chipping away at the health of a Yokai for a while. That sounds like you're not dealing a lot of damage.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@zevvion: I'm sure if you go back and carefully read my post again you'll see that I was talking about enemies dealing huge amounts of damage with a single attack as a means of leveling the playing field between AI and human players and how I dislike that "rubber-banding" solution. When I mentioned dancing around yokai I was simply using a turn of phrase there, I never actually complained about my own damage output.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@humanity: Between "nipping away at its health" and "fight against a tank" I also thought you were finding both their hp and damage to be too high compared to yours. Which points to being underleveled or undergeared.

I've only really been oneshot by the axe yokai, but in general I also take them down pretty quick so it's only a matter of dodging between 3-6 times. Their patterns are also predictable enough when you've fought a few, that I think they just would be a non-issue if the damage wasn't that high. Outside of that I feel like I have plenty room to mess up and heal against enemies.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Dunno if you figured this out yourself by now, but I think I finally figured out what's going on with inheritance. Basically the game operates with a few different lists of bonuses, and a weapon can't have more than one from each of those lists. It's like how an item in Diablo can't have two of Int, dex or strength. So if you try to transfer a bonus that conflicts with one of the other ones already on the weapon it won't do it. It seems like the lists might be based on similar bonuses, so you can for instance have two separate bonuses that both gives damage% in some way.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way to see requirements for sub missions? I'm overlevelled for some of them but they remain locked.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@ares42: Yeah, I did hear about it. It's unfortunate the game gives you no indication of that being the case, let alone give you the information you need to see which skills apply and which don't. It's not as transparent as 'Ki damage' and 'ki damage from low stance' for instance. I have skills that seemingly had nothing to do with each other not work.

@shindig That sounds odd? I haven't had any missions locked so far. Perhaps you haven't finished the main mission of that submission? Or maybe you need to complete other submissions? I have been doing all of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.