Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

Horizon Set in Colorado

• 51 results
    effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By effache

@jamjyo said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

I was hoping this wasn't going to be set in America but of course it is.

Agreed. For someone who is not an American, the overwhelming number of games / films set in America is reaching a comical level. This game was even made by a dutch studio, and they still managed to pick a rather unremarkable region in America.

(And no. Majority of gamers are not Americans.)

Oh well, at least it's not New York.

haha, the rockies an "unremarkable" region in america

I figured it out just now when I made it to red echoes. If I go far west enough, I will literally be in my hometown. I am excited to see if I can recognize anything

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ehh... find something else to be triggered by.

@jonny_anonymous said:

I was hoping this wasn't going to be set in America but of course it is.

It triggered you enough to reply to an 8 month old comment.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Moab Desert seems to be in the game as well as Lake Powell. Pieces of AZ are also in it. Saguaro cacti only grows in that state.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@burncoat: Yeah, just because they decided to write the lore that way doesn't mean that the game would have had to take place in the USA. All those research laboratories and robot factories could just as easily have been located anywhere around the world.

This is more of a nitpick thing, but I also found the English spoken in the game really weird. Characters used terms like cannon and incoming although the lore seems to specifically state that the first new humans were given no education of the history of humanity as a result of the fall of Apollo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.