Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Combat Evolved

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2001

One of the launch titles of the original Xbox, Halo: Combat Evolved is a sci-fi first-person shooter telling the tale of an advanced cybernetic super-soldier known as the "Master Chief".

Will Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Support a Survival Mode?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

Seeing as how they are using Halo Reach's multiplayer model for Combat Evolved Anniversary, I was wondering if that means we should expect the survival mode (God, I'm sure there is some universe-specific name for this) to be in this game as well? 

I'm just curious.  I'm very interested in this game right now, but I never held Halo as close to my heart as others, so this game would probably just be a rental right now.  However back when I played Reach (which I loved) one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game was insane amount of customization you could do on the survival mode.  I was wondering if anybody knew if that'd be making its way to Anniversary - if so I might just have to buy the game.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Slaker117

If you mean firefight, yes there will be a firefight competent, though it will be the same as Reach's with a new map.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hatking
    @Slaker117 said:

If you mean firefight, yes there will be a firefight competent, though it will be the same as Reach's with a new map.

Is it called firefight?  Hard to keep track of all the names they come up with for simple modes like Deathmatch and Survival.  Anyway, that's great news.  Looks like I got another game to add to my list. Thanks, dude.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon

I believe there will be a new Reach fire fight map so yes.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yes, there is going to be an as yet unvealed Firefight map in the game. Frank O'Connor, the franchise developer at 343 said that this will be " a Firefight map unlike any you’ve ever seen before. One thing I can tell you is that this one is particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved but will do things that no Firefight map has done".

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

@Gamer_152 said:

Yes, there is going to be an as yet unvealed Firefight map in the game. Frank O'Connor, the franchise developer at 343 said that this will be " a Firefight map unlike any you’ve ever seen before. One thing I can tell you is that this one is particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved but will do things that no Firefight map has done".

Hopefully you have to get from the bottom of the library to the top whilst being pursued by waves of enemies.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking
    @TooWalrus said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Hopefully you have to get from the bottom of the library to the top whilst being pursued by waves of enemies.

Okay, you got me interested now.  : )
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus
    @HatKing
    @TooWalrus said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Well let me finish- once you get to the top... You realize that you left your keys at the bottom and have to fight your way back down.
    thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By thespartandon

On the multiplayer disc there is a single Firefight map based upon an old Halo: CE map.

Or at least that's what I heard.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47
    @TooWalrus said:
    @HatKing
    @TooWalrus said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Well let me finish- once you get to the top... You realize that you left your keys at the bottom and have to fight your way back down.
    Boom. 
    Honestly though, i think it will be a flood firefight and nothing more than that. But flood firefight sounds FUCKING AWESOME. Just sayin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.