Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

Really long install time?

JMurph_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just curious how long the install is taking for some of you guys. Mine was pretty quick to 88% and now it's been slow as hell. I'm installing from the disc.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I'm not currently installing it, but any Xbox One install I've ever had took absolutely forever--like 8+ hours. I've heard that disconnecting from the Internet during installation can help, as the process supposedly does the downloading, disc installation, and patch installation all at once, which can make it take longer.

derry2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here, mine is at 88% and it's slowed way the hell down.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Seems like 88 percent is the spot where the game stops to download the 9 gig patch.

JMurph_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: So frustrating. I thought I was going to be able to play relatively quickly but I'm willing to wait a little longer to finish off that patch. Hopefully Microsoft figures out some sort of better solution for this, although I understand it's been like this for a while.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Vextroid

if you are desperate to play campaign (and the 9gig patch is not required to run the campaign) take your Xbox Offline before installing and playing.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The preload download and install time was super fucking slow. Took me a few days. Felt slower than most other games because it would keep stopping

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: So frustrating. I thought I was going to be able to play relatively quickly but I'm willing to wait a little longer to finish off that patch. Hopefully Microsoft figures out some sort of better solution for this, although I understand it's been like this for a while.

I've never had a huge problem with Microsoft's download speeds. It's always been Sony that have had issues with download speeds.

My copy of Halo 5 is currently installing at 62 percent, hopefully what I just said holds true and that 9GB patch won't take too long.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I preloaded it. Took me 2-3 hours maybe? I'm not entirely sure, but it didn't seem terribly long by any means.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@mems1224: I've had that problem in the past. Before preloading this time I plugged in my xbox via Ethernet and it seemingly worked a lot better. Maybe try that next time if possible.

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I think you are spot on the money here.

Unfortunately the XBONE UI fails at telling me what my downloads are, what my download speed is or anything.

This wouldn't happen with BLADEZ.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By handlas

Been downloading for about 15 hours and im at 50%.... :(

I have crap internet but this is reaaaally slow

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mine burned it's way to 50% in like 10 mins then went quite slowly the rest of the way. I went to a movie while it downloaded so I don't know how long it took total.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily my install did not take to long, probably around 25 minutes. Then the 9 gig patch took about another 10 minutes.

Guess I got lucky.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took about 40 minutes from putting the disc in to watching the opening cinematic. My XB1 is connected to my router wireless (Netgear N750), 150mbps internet connection (though the XB1 can't pull anything close to that). I have friends with the same setup and connection type that took like 2 hours. I'm not sure what makes the difference.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Mine got to 86% in about 40 minutes and then just dragged from there. Picked it up after work yesterday and started installing it at about 6:00pm and it was at 92% by about 11:00pm. Left it on all night and I was able to open up to the main menu before I left for work this morning so I'm guessing it's done, though I haven't a clue how long it took while I was sleeping.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Took about 6 hours for me but thats relatively normal for stuff on xbox one at least for me that thing installs slower than if i dictated the code in binary. But game is good so i can deal.

Mittt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mittt

I started my download at about 7:00pm on Monday night and it finished at 11:05pm. I have pretty good download speeds but i noticed about every 12 or 13% it would grind to a halt. I would pause and restart the download and it would seem to start back up at a decent speed(a percentage point every 1-3 minutes. It hung up for about 30 minutes at 90%. I'm guessing this was the patch for me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took like 30 minutes for mine to go? It wasn't that long, but it was noticeably longer than normal.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It sounds like it's getting better/looked at.

Hopefully I'll be installing it in the next 24 hours, unless I receive deodorant for my birthday instead of Halo 5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.