Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The fifth main installment of the Guilty Gear series returns to its fighting game roots, featuring a new game engine with 3D graphics (with special rendering techniques to give the illusion of hand-drawn character art).

Guilty Gear Xrd announced

• 76 results
    butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@animasta said:

how do you say XRD

(more importantly, how would the japanese say XRD)

Xrd....So, ten + rd - n = Terd?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@yadilie said:

Unreal Engine.. ugh. Unless it's UE4 and that UE4 is actually a good engine when used in an actual running game. Also surprised that they're finally done rehashing the same release and going to a brand new fighting engine. Finally.

Well UE in this seems more or less visual since there are still familiar mechanics. If BBCP is evidence for anything, Xrd will likely be very similar to XX and maybe have some new mechanic like CP's overdrive implemented in the core game.

Also... Sol DUSTLOOP!!!!!!

@morbid_coffee said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Awful name and butt rock music. Never got the appeal of this series.

That's half the appeal right there. The other half is that it's insanely execution heavy and the skill ceiling is insanely high, so when you see a player pulling off some crazy stuff, you know they're fucking good.

I rewatched this trailer like 30 times now and I get stupid giddy every single time. One thing that stands out to me right now that I'm not too sure about is that cinematic launcher. Has way too much start up to be a regular launcher, so I'm now wondering if it's some sort of universal unblockable move that leads to a free air combo if it hits? High risk high reward?

I think it's still the regular launcher unless its some fatal counter version. My best guess is that it's an early build, they will be optimizing that mechanic's aesthetics to make sure the pace is consistent.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This is some awesome news

Also not sure what to think of Ky's ponytail

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I saw Millia Rage

I am sold.

Agreed.

Reaction to the rest of trailer: Another Guilty Gear, I bet this will be fun for a bit, but where's Millia?

Reaction to Millia Rage: I'm in.

Sol Badguy, Faust, and Baiken(among others I'm sure) were pretty cool. But Milia was by far my favorite.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Where does this game take place? I noticed all those American flags and Statue of Liberty head

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zeik

@wraith1 said:

Where does this game take place? I noticed all those American flags and Statue of Liberty head

The games take place within the 2080's, so I would expect it to be around then. Possibly before Overture though?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@wraith1 said:

It takes place on Ishiwatari's Earth so America, Japan, France, etc. It ain't like Blazgreen.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zeik

Oh wait, you said "where", not "when", my bad.

Yeah, alternate earth basically, where they discovered magic and made "gears".

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Oh wait, you said "where", not "when", my bad.

Yeah, alternate earth basically, where they discovered magic and made "gears".

And roman cancels, false roman cancels, bursts, yoyo mixups.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbid_coffee: I think that launcher is 5d. Dust in GG is a universal overhead like the all out attack in p4a

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Give me Bridget

Give me I-No

Give me Potemkin

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Give me Bridget

Give me I-No

Give me Potemkin

Baiken and Dizzy are all I ask for.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By casper_

baiken for sure has to be in there since she has about as much history as sol, ky, millia, zato, pot etc. but the one character i really hope they put in this game is A.B.A.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By reisz

Wow, I'm amazed to see ARC take the SFIV style to the next level. That's the first time I have been legitimately fooled into thinking a 3D model was an animated sprite, if you look closely all the "Anime" style cutscenes utilise the same models. that is hands down the best cel-shading I've ever seen. Bravo.

Cannot wait to play it.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, looks great!

Millia! :3

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awful name and butt rock music. Never got the appeal of this series.

Butt Rock? The series is hardcore Metal (bar 3 blues numbers)

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AxleBro

I AM SO HYPE RIGHT NOW THIS CAME OUT OF NOWHERE FOR ME!
    If you can't tell who I'm hype to see in 3D I don't even know what to say to you...
    If Axl has a stupid redesign tho I might cry... he's a time traveler so he should look the same... right?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Give me Bridget

Give me I-No

Give me Potemkin

Give me TESTAMENT.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By stonepawfox

give me bridget and faust, all i ask

ShrimpDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The trailer looks awesome :D
    I can't wait to see Faust and Slayer return plus some brand new characters

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Is this crazy backwards world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yadilie said:

Unreal Engine.. ugh. Unless it's UE4 and that UE4 is actually a good engine when used in an actual running game. Also surprised that they're finally done rehashing the same release and going to a brand new fighting engine. Finally.

The Unreal Engine is actually a good engine if used correctly.

DavidPoppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they would bring back the power charging that they had in the original Guilty Gear. That was one of the coolest features in that game, seeing how many stages you could level your power before your opponent recovered and stopped you.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#75  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@davidpoppell said:

I wish they would bring back the power charging that they had in the original Guilty Gear. That was one of the coolest features in that game, seeing how many stages you could level your power before your opponent recovered and stopped you.

Yeah, Order Sol in GGXXAC+R is the only one that has the charging and it's pretty fun to use but I can see why they don't use charging anymore.

DavidPoppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davidpoppell said:

Yeah, Order Sol in GGXXAC+R is the only one that has the charging and it's pretty fun to use but I can see why they don't use charging anymore.

Because it is difficult to use?

Do you remember how it worked in GG? I obviously have not played it for 13 or 14 years, but like one example is Ky's projectile attack is now two separate attacks, a large and a small. Before it was just one attack and started out small but the longer you held the charge it got bigger. Like wise with his rising attack, Zato's drills, etc.

I honestly do not remember Order Sol's mechanics from GGXXAC+R, I never played much as Sol. If his charged attacks were OP, then I see what you were saying, but - when every character has similar attacks it balances!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@davidpoppell: I don't know for sure but I think it has to do pretty much with balancing and changes in general. I remember Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear X being super different. The speed of the game was a big one iirc. I was a kid back then so I might be wrong in some parts.

As of now though, charging would be super pointless considering that you can just FRC (YRC in Xrd) and quickly continue your combo instead of standing there charging.

DavidPoppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: unless you are an 11 year old kid who is just getting in to fighters. Then combos are hard but charging still makes you and your friends cool whole playing the game.

I definitely understand that a FRC negates the need for charging if you know a characters combos, but if you do not know the combos, then charging adds accessibility to the game for younger/newer players - and at no cost to game balance.

It seems superfluous to players over a certain level but I just remember being young and charging being something really fun when I could not do combos.

Also the game still has IK's so it is not as of they keep everything geared towards serious players!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.