Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2007

God of War II continues the story of Kratos as he wields his newly-bestowed god-like powers, much to the dismay and fear of the other gods.

God of war 2 is dope!

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ryanmgraef

I just started replaying God of War 2 hd because of the new one coming out,and man is that game hell of dope. it just feels good. I dont remember liking it at all but there ya go.Wondering if anyone else has replayed a game and found it better or worse than they remember?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lukeweizer

Dope is a drug, not an adjective.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By theodacourt

It's great! I'd never played it originally but I played it in the HD collection and its still awesome all this time later. I prefer the first one though, maybe because I played them close together and the 2nd one lost its impact, but the first one is just better!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Raven10

God of War 2 is amazing. Tied for best in the series with Ghost of Sparta for me. If you haven't played the HD version of that then get on it. Much better than 3 in my opinion. God of War 1 is also good though a bit simple compared to the other entries. And Chains of Olympus just isn't very good. For me the series goes:

1. God of War 2
    2. Ghost of Sparta
    3. God of War
    4. God of War 3
    5. Chains of Olympus

To answer your question I think I enjoyed Halo 3 more when I replayed it right before Reach came out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

God of War 2 is indeed pretty fantastic and holds up very well. I completed it on Titan Mode sometime last year and those games can be fucking brutal if you want them to be.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By bicycleham

@Lukeweizer said:

Dope is a drug, not an adjective.

The game is addictive.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

A guy did a speed run of God of War 2 at AGDQ and it was pretty cool. He did a glitch and was swimming in the air and skipped 1/3 of the game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

I like the first one best, apart from the Hell level.

I've beaten the two PSP games and they're also pretty good. Technically, the second one is A-OK, but there's a point where I just didn't care to play it anymore. I didn't like playing it because I felt like such an asshole just doing so. I mean, the first one had some of that, but it wasn't really that bad because the guy you were trying to kill was more of an asshole than you were, plus the way Kratos's character grew was pretty interesting. I think the series would have been a whole lot better if they had left it after the first one's rather poignant ending.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NinjaBerd

Wow, last year i tried playing them all in chronological order, for the first time.

I finished CoO, GoW 1, and GoS. But about half way into GoW 2 I just couldn't take those broken game mechanics and crappy cameras.

The only one I can say i enjoyed was Ghost of Sparta, and even that at times felt like a chore to play.

Should I just skip 2, and finish 3? does it get better?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By DarthOrange

God of War 2 is my favorite in the series (though I still have yet to play Ghost of Sparta). The second one had a good variety of weapons and a great cast of characters. The environments were also the most diverse of the three games. 

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The game is great. Well designed and enjoyable. Downside being the garbage story but that can ignored.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.