How do you even react to stuff like this?

• 88 results
Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contrarian

NuttyMadam

That link is to a video where this young lady reacts to Kristen Stewart having an affair? I really don't keep up with crap like this. I admit I saw the first 2 Twilight movies (I went along, they weren't completely horrible), but found myself completely being disinterested in the actors in it. In fact, Kristen Stewart has gone to the top of my list of actors I don't want to watch - she just annoys me.

As for the video. If you watch it, what is your reaction? I found myself laughing more and more as the video went on. Part of me thinks I shouldn't and that it is mean of me, but hell, how pathetic are some people's lives that they care so much about such pointless matters? How does such a person function in life? Could you see yourself being that fanatical about anything? Plenty of gamers get over invested in certain franchises and go over the top if it doesn't go the way they want, but surely not as funny as this right?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

Meh if that's what she's into that's what she's into. I'm sure you would say many of us have pathetic lives for making big deals out of issues in video games like Mass Effect 3 or anything along those lines. It doesn't bother me honestly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Is this a modern day Chris Crocker?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

That lady is just ridiculous getting so emotional about another person's affair. If Kristen Stewart wants to be a whore that's her business.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tim_the_corsair

The celebrity obsession some people seem to develop makes me sick to my core.

I like Michael Fassbender as an actor, for example. However, I have no interest in his personal life. I have no idea if he is married, single, straight, gay, celibate, or sticking his Fassboner in everything that moves and some things that don't.

If it came out tomorrow that he was raping orphans or something, I'd probably reconsider my support of him by saying "huh, probably won't watch another movie with him in it," and then I'd continue not giving a flying fuck about Michael Fassbender.

Why people invest themselves into these celebrities is just beyond me; is your life truly that hollow?

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

Because of Tosh.0, I think I know who that is - the Britney Spears fan right? If so, perhaps yes.

@laserbolts said:

Meh if that's what she's into that's what she's into. I'm sure you would say many of us have pathetic lives for making big deals out of issues in video games like Mass Effect 3 or anything along those lines. It doesn't bother me honestly.

It isn't that she is into it, just the emotional investment she has with it. It is so bizarre. In real life, the only comparison I can relate to is how some fans react when their football team doesn't win - equally funny and pathetic. It wasn't about if it bothered you, it doesn't bother me either, but it is pretty damn funny and sad at the same time.

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

The celebrity obsession some people seem to develop makes me sick to my core. I like Michael Fassbender as an actor, for example. However, I have no interest in his personal life. I have no idea if he is married, single, straight, gay, celibate, or sticking his Fassboner in everything that moves and some things that don't. If it came out tomorrow that he was raping orphans or something, I'd probably reconsider my support of him by saying "huh, probably won't watch another movie with him in it," and then I'd continue not giving a flying fuck about Michael Fassbender. Why people invest themselves into these celebrities is just beyond me; is your life truly that hollow?

Not only do I not care what celebrities do, I actively seek to avoid hearing about it. So I am right there with you. It is generally a teenager thing that they grow out of, however, the modern world means they will have to relive their behaviour forever. It is true to say that it was simpler before technology as you could bury your past.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Arbie

Awh, I can't laugh at that. Poor girl. I wonder why she's so obsessed with them.

I don't think their relationships are any of our business and it bugs me when the media pester celebrities about their personal life, especially when there are kids involved.

But, I have to admit I found it kinda funny that in the picture of her hugging the director guy, she's pulling the same expression she does in all of her films.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By NMC2008

I haven't seen the video but I know I will laugh, I just know it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

I don't, cuz why waste my time?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

I think the Twilight movies have given Kristen Stewart acting ability such a bad rep. She was actually pretty OK in Adventureland and Welcome to The Rileys. I haven't seen the Twilight movies mind you, and I'm willing to believe that she does a piss poor performance across all of 'em. Point is, I believe that she is a better actress--though maybe not one of this generations best--than how the Twilight movies unfortunately paint her.

As for the video, 'unno, I couldn't bear to watch any more than a few seconds.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I feel real bad for her. I know she's being made fun of all over the Internet. If she's really into it then let her be into it with her community without ridicule from any jerks.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@Yummylee

I think the Twilight movies have given Kristen Stewart acting ability such a bad rep. She was actually pretty OK in Adventureland and Welcome to The Rileys. I haven't seen the Twilight movies mind you, and I'm willing to believe that she does a piss poor performance across all of 'em. Point is, I believe that she is a better actress--though maybe not one of this generations best--than how the Twilight movies unfortunately paint her.

As for the video, 'unno, I couldn't bear to watch any more than a few seconds.

My ony problem with her is that her idea of dramatic acting is hanging her mouth open like a stunned mullet and breathing noisily.

Makes me think of that old Steven Segal acting range image that did the rounds a long time ago.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Animasta

yeah I've never seen anyone be creepily involved with a(n) internet celebrity on this forum...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

I really wish I hadn't seen the whole video. It's not very funny at all. I actually found myself feeling pretty sad for her. The people that get this fanatical about things really make no sense at all, but it seems pretty common. I saw it first hand with my younger sister and a boyband years ago, She would join all of these groups and chat fanatically with middle aged women about these celebrities they don't know at all.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaChosen

Took me a minute or two to remember who Kristen Stewart was. Regarding the reaction, I don't follow Twilight stuff so eh. :/

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By penguindust

99% of the time, I don't care about an actor's personal life. If Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are dicks in real life, it doesn't keep me from enjoying their movies. I saw Mission Impossible 4 about a month ago and it was great even if Tom Cruise is a lunatic. As for the Kristen Stewart thing...really, having an affair in Hollywood is like jaywalking. It happens so often, no one gives a crap. I haven't seen enough of her work to have any opinion on her professionally, but what she does in her off hours is her own damned business.

Also, I find it funny that this is a thread reacting to another's reaction. Somewhere out on the internets, I hope there is a thread reacting to this thread.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@GunstarRed said:

I really wish I hadn't seen the whole video. It's not very funny at all. I actually found myself feeling pretty sad for her. The people that get this fanatical about things really make no sense at all, but it seems pretty common. I saw it first hand with my younger sister and a boyband years ago, She would join all of these groups and chat fanatically with middle aged women about these celebrities they don't know at all.

Brings back memories of the 13-14 year old me and KoRn...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By GunstarRed

@Yummylee: Did you want to marry Jonathan Davis?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yummylee

@GunstarRed: Fortunately my obsession never quite hit sonic passion level. I just remember listening to their songs a lot and posting on a variety of KoRn message boards and the like.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#20  Edited By Little_Socrates

I miss being that passionate.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cloudenvy

@GunstarRed said:

Who doesn't?!

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Contrarian

@PenguinDust said:

Also, I find it funny that this is a thread reacting to another's reaction. Somewhere out on the internets, I hope there is a thread reacting to this thread.

Threadception!

The whole internet may just implode.

I would not see 95% of what I see if it weren't for friends posting on Facebook. Otherwise I would go through life oblivious to so much. Trouble is, you miss the good as well as the bad.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By nintendoeats

I react to these things by doing something else and not caring that these people exist.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BrockNRolla

@falserelic said:

That lady is just ridiculous getting so emotional about another person's affair. If Kristen Stewart wants to be a whore that's her business.

That is precisely the point of the lady's rant.

@Little_Socrates said:

I think there's a lot to be said for this.

I don't see anything wrong with this. We've all overreacted to things at some point in our lives and have no doubt been embarrassed by it later. Sometimes its good to feel something, even if we don't understand why someone would care so much about it.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Toxeia

My reaction is "How the hell did a mouth breather like that find 2 dudes to bone her?"

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FourWude

So did she cheat on the vampire dude with the werewolf dude or some shit??

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By YI_Orange

I don't see why people have a problem with other people caring about celebrities. It's gossip and drama, some people eat that shit up. Otherwise, I see it as the same as being facebook friends with someone you never intend to actually interact with, but you still creep their page from time to time. In some cases, it's actually quite similar to the way people feel about the GB staff around here.

That said, the most I know about celebrities comes from mostly just picking things up off a wikipedia page when I go to see what else they've been in.

As for the video, I didn't watch it and don't intend to. With things like this I take the same policy I take with celebrities: Meh.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Contrarian

@BrockNRolla said:

@Little_Socrates said:

I think there's a lot to be said for this.

I don't see anything wrong with this. We've all overreacted to things at some point in our lives and have no doubt been embarrassed by it later. Sometimes its good to feel something, even if we don't understand why someone would care so much about it.

To be honest, I am a fairly low key, laid back type who doesn't get over the top excited about anything. That doesn't mean I haven't done things I am embarrassed about though. Those have not been filmed luckily. I don't want to be that passionate about stuff.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Animasta said:

yeah I've never seen anyone be creepily involved with a(n) internet celebrity on this forum...

But Jeff Gerstmann and I are soul mates and we will be together forever!

I watched her say "I wasn't going to make a video about this" and stopped, mostly because I wanted to see how old this person was. She didn't look 14. Therefore she is too old to be so caught up in this type of garbage, or should be, in my opinion. That is all I have to say about this.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheHumanDove

It's the disease of celebrity worship

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Undeadpool

This kinda crap's been going on for as long as there have been people to obsess over, it's just with the internet everyone's MUCH more aware of them.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Contrarian

@Undeadpool said:

This kinda crap's been going on for as long as there have been people to obsess over, it's just with the internet everyone's MUCH more aware of them.

True. You just have to look at footage of The Beatles. Maybe you mum or grandmother was into it. Even before that you could go back to Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Al Jolson or even Rudolph Valentino in silent movies. Obsessing is certainly not new.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Animasta said:

Are you trying to say you wouldn't cry if Jeff cheated on Ryan? Cold...

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jewunit

@Video_Game_King said:

I had a similar thought. Some people devote themselves to odd things. It can be as a hobby or as a way to just cope. I don't know if I can call her behavior in the video unhealthy. It might just be her way of venting about the affair and whatever else is going on in her life.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35  Edited By galiant

I can't even be bothered to look at the video. People get passionate about pointless stuff, it's nothing new. Some people feel like something's missing and they'll do anything to fill that void, no matter how pointless something is it can matter to you if you let it, and it might distract you enough that you can ignore the real problem for a while.

I don't mean to sound all depressed and bleak, I'm actually quite a happy person.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By stonyman65

This is amazing. I laughed my balls off.

It's people like this that remind me why I've lost hope in all of humanity.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Orbitz89

I'm afraid to click on the link for fear of becoming absolutely enraged by her stupidity. I mean, I have an idea of what it would be like watching that.. So I'll just say this. People like that worry, anger, and scare me at the same time.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By InternetCrab

What an overreacting chick. I wouldn't care if any of my favorite celebrities had an affair with somebody.

That's their fucking business.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Hizang

Oh I really don't like that actress, it's probably because I'll always see her as Bella Swan from the Twilight movies/books. Bella is just such a bad character who is just the most depressing person ever.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hatking

I threatened to kill myself when I found out Cliffy B was cheating on his wife.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Example1013

LEAVE KRISTEN ALONE

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By Hunter5024

@Cloudenvy said:

@GunstarRed said:

Who doesn't?!

People who want to marry Head.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By DoctorWelch

LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Example1013 said:

LEAVE KRISTEN ALONE

DAMN IT! You took my thing.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By Seppli

@falserelic said:

Oh nice. I'd love to rent her bony ass for a ride. Every now and then, a petite bird like that tickles my fancy. How do I get in touch?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EuanDewar

Kristen Stewart was pretty rad in the Runaways.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I can't laugh at her, she's obviously very upset and there are a lot of people making fun of her. It's just sad that someone's relationship with a celebrity could get unhealthy enough to affect them like this.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By landon

Brandon Hardestys reaction video is hilarious.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#49  Edited By Slag

@Contrarian said:

As for the video. If you watch it, what is your reaction? I found myself laughing more and more as the video went on. Part of me thinks I shouldn't and that it is mean of me, but hell, how pathetic are some people's lives that they care so much about such pointless matters? How does such a person function in life? Could you see yourself being that fanatical about anything? Plenty of gamers get over invested in certain franchises and go over the top if it doesn't go the way they want, but surely not as funny as this right?

She seems like a really sad and a desperately lonely person. Chances are if she had more going for her (or more accurately if she felt she did) in her life she wouldn't be so heavily invested in a celebrity like this .Clearly she bases a lot of her self identity on twilight fandom, probably hurts pretty bad to have that torpedoed like this. The ridicule i have no doubt she's getting is only going to make it worse.

Her pain seems real to me and thus not funny despite the frivolous subject matter. Hopefully this will be good for her as it might give her incentive stogo out and live her own life.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By dichemstys

I'm pretty uneducated about what's going on here. Is her affair affecting the new movie? If not, there's no reason to get all worked up.