Farewell and best wishes to Dan!

• 183 results
killcount00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gonna miss you Dan you made every podcast interesting. I'm very picky in life and hearing about your life experiences and how you grew over time, helped me try many different things in my own life. Will very much miss your presence in GiantBomb. :*(

roytheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan became one of my favorite members of the crew, the insane, crazy shit he came up with will be very missed, it was my favorite content on this site. But I am happy for him that he has found a new career path that excites him, and I wish him all the best in his future endeavors!

Thanks for all the laughs you brought me in these years Dan! Don't be a stranger to the site and hop back in from time to time :)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't comment as much on the GB Forums but wanted to stop by and wish Dan best wishes! I remember when you joined it was a really trying time for the GB community and myself personally. Both the addition of you and Jason was a pivotal point that made the healing process that much easier through laughter and all your shenanigans. Best of luck and can't wait to hear all the WWE stories when you come back and visit Giant Bomb East and West.

someramguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I can't believe Death Stranding was so bad it literally got Dan to retire and invent an elaborate cover story about how it was about exhaustion and wanting to try new things.

Seriously though, I've never known a Giant Bomb without Dan, and the strange, fascinating perspective he inevitably brought to everything he touched. Your presence will be sorely missed, duder. Best of luck in the new production gig!

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From KCMO, thanks for everything. Only wish I could have run in to you at Q39, Joe's or Up-Down. Good luck out there, duder!

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh man I'll miss Dan, for purely selfish reasons. He was one of the most entertaining QL hosts. It was always a good time when he got together with Abby and Vinny.

Samurai_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will miss Dan, his interaction with the whole crew brought a chaotic enery that will be sorely felt missing but at least he's leaving for his dream job.

NovaLesThnGr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a Lurker and premium podcast listener here to say goodbye to Dan and I miss him on the team.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Ngl, I was pretty upset when I heard Dan was leaving but now I'm excited for him after hearing his motivations on Minnmax.

All the best to you man, hope you get to tap into that creative impulse you've got. You've certainly got a talent for coming up with entertainingly goofy ideas. Your roller coaster video and Mario party shenanigans where some of my favorite content you made while you were here

sirelothar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think this is my first post here, just wanted to add to the byes for Dan. He was one person I could listen to all day because of his positivity.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I'm genuinely really sad about Dan leaving, it feels like the end of a different era at giant bomb. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Avatar image for dudewantshisrug
dudewantshisrug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 6

I wish Dan all the best and have no doubt he will flourish just as he always has.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You did a good job, Dan. You did a good job.

Takemetamars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition to Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny and Drew, Dan was the best thing to come to the stable known as Giant Bomb. Sucks that I might have to listen to a wrestling podcast to hear his delightful insanity from here on out. It's only right he won the final Mario Party.

tradee9691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan will be missed immensely. Always was my favorite. He could "eat a peach for hours."

ObamasAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Working back office for WWE? Hopefully GB re-hires him in two weeks when he gets laid off/fired. WW2 flamethrower guys had longer careers.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By StrikeALight

Best of luck, Dan!

I'm sure you'll thrive in your new endeavors.

branables

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure I'm only echoing every other post, but dang will I miss Dan. The conversations he would start and his goofiness always made me laugh.

I've always seen Dan as a hard worker when it comes to his interests (college less so) so I know he will kill it at his new job. This is the most Dan move I can think of, and I fully expect this is not the last time we see him on the site (I'm betting we see him on the E3 after shows as I'm sure he will wander in there in his usual Dan way). Good luck to you!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't WWE one of the worst employees ever at least that's what i keep hearing?

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake:

For wrestlers (where they aren't employees and are only independent contractors with very restrictive contracts and blah blah blah): It is a very solid payday but you run the severe risk of being "misused". The internet tends to blow that out of proportion because they can't imagine someone like AJ or Nak might just want a victory lap and a retirement plan but there are definitely folk like Ambros/Moxley who were miserable.

For writers: I've heard a lot of horror stories over the years. But from talking with a friend who writes for a tv show it isn't that horribly uncommon for the showrunners to want massive rewrites the night before they start filming for the week. Not pleasant, but it isn't really a pleasant field. I don't know enough to come down one way or the other but I kind of get the feeling it is one of those "People who have no idea what the industry is lose their minds over the wrong parts" kind of thing

For video editors and the like: I've actually been told it is one of the best places to put a few years in because there is always work to do and they tend to have a lot of very talented and skilled senior staff. Probably not a place you want to spend your career but a really good place to pad out a resume and gain a lot of practical skills in a "trial by fire" kind of way

As for Dan's actual job of Producing Podcasts: No idea. I imagine it would fall closer to video editing than writing the week's script but WWE seems to be pushing their podcasts and supplemental shows to the point that it may be just as "important" as Smackdown and have the same level of restrictive oversight.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe someone has mentioned this but I was just watching the GOTY videos and it was pretty hysterical to see Dan totally silent while Alex and Jeff were having a conniption over this year's WWE game. The signs were there, if only we had read them...

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best wishes Dan--your enthusiasm and joy will be missed!

deathwebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan, of all the personalities in GB, I'm going to miss you the most! Feels like when a really good friend leaves town.

Wish you all the best!

Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so bittersweet. Best of luck to Dan, but this has also thrown me into mourning.

I was just thinking last week that our crew has been pretty solid for the past few years, and I wondered who would be the next to go. Dan being the one to leave didn't even occur to me, simply because of his infectious positivity and endless enthusiasm for being "lucky enough" to make a career in his dream job.

Of COURSE he's going to the WWE, haha. I will miss his weird persona immensely. Dan lives in a world in which the most basic functions of the world are frequently unknowable, and dismissed as magic. It's... highly entertaining to listen to his ramblings, and I'll miss them immensely.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buzzard: It's funny because I had the very same thought last week. I was doing a lot of driving for the holidays and I was thinking about how much I like Giant Bomb and how the stability of the crew has been nice. Dan was the last on my list as to who would leave next. He has said before that this is his dream job and that he would be crazy to leave. I will miss him immensely. I hope the WWE treats him well.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By boatorious

It always felt like we were borrowing Dan.

It's hard to imagine someone with that much drive and energy would spend his career being a video producer for some website that wasn't his, even if he loved the job.

All of Giant Bomb's hires have been great, but I feel like Dan, more than the others, changed the whole site. Pulling everyone kicking and screaming through Mario Party, for one, is probably the best video series on Giant Bomb.

He'll be missed but I'm really just happy he's found another hill to climb. Dan needs to be Dan, and that always meant his time at GB would come to an end.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Damn - ‪Death Stranding really broke him‬.

GB won’t be the same without you Dan. Good luck it out crazy son of a bitch!

This gave me a nice chuckle that I wasn't expecting.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

While I am a premium member, I barely contribute to this site. Forums have never interested me. However, with Dan leaving I want to say this. I have never laughed harder during podcasts since he joined the Beastcast. His Jeremiah character is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I wish him the best.

stabfreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck as east coast manager of Taco Bell ...

Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that hurts most - besides my now dashed hopes of a second season of All Systems Goku - is that I was REALLLLLLY hoping we'd soon find out that Dan & Bianca were expecting, and that we would all have an uncomfortably close perspective on Dan trying to navigate the adventure of fatherhood.

RurouniGeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'll be waiting for someone more video savvy than I to make a real classic Giant Bomb send off video with this song but since no one else has posted it I will link it here.

Thanks for everything Dan. As Weird Al said sometimes: Dare to be stupid!

Though to be perfectly honest Dan may be secretly the smartest of all... :)

LCadejoNegro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're gonna be missed! Good luck duder!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Shindig
Loading Video...

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't heard the bad news until today. Just logged in to say:

Best of luck! You will be missed!

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was a great chapter of GB. Best of luck.