Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

The quickest price drop in the world.. ever!

• 49 results
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grissefar

Wow never seen a game drop so quickly in price before. Looking at an online shop, it dropped from £25 to £20 to £16 in only a week. I also went to my local Fona and saw they had a ton of them at 200kr with the full price being 500kr. I've never seen a regular ass shop drop their price so quicklly, it's absurd. I'd probably buy it right away if I wasn't first in line at the libeary.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StrikeALight

You can pick up the limited edition some places in the UK for less than £30. The FF lustre is over.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

@StrikeALight said:

You can pick up the limited edition some places in the UK for less than £30. The FF lustre is over.

too bad too because 13-2 is a really good game that's tarnished by being related to 13

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrikeALight

@Animasta said:

@StrikeALight said:

too bad too because 13-2 is a really good game that's tarnished by being related to 13

And really, it's not like price is a good indicator to wether a game is good or not. Some of my favourites were bought on the cheap (Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, many fighters..etc).

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Animasta

@BraveToaster said:

@StrikeALight said:

@Animasta said:

@StrikeALight said:

And really, it's not like price is a good indicator to wether a game is good or not. Some of my favourites were bought on the cheap (Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, many fighters..etc).

It was released less than 2 months ago, so I'll take that as an indicator, especially after playing the atrocity that is 13.

I didn't like 13 either actually

also I'm pretty sure Nier, my favoritest game of all time, got a super large price drop pretty quickly

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I liked 13. Or at least I liked the combat, and thought it was pretty. Story was horseshit, but it's made for teenagers and I'm 26.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morningstar

Yeah, bought it cheap myself. Now, if only Syndicate, Asura's Wrath and The Darkness II drops in price I'll be a happy customer.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jozzy

It's maybe not an indication of quality, but it is definately an indication of performing way below expectations.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sooty

£16, then another bunch of money to find out how the game really ends in the DLC. (or so I've heard)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Animasta

@Sooty said:

£16, then another bunch of money to find out how the game really ends in the DLC. (or so I've heard)

nah, at this point it's gonna be another game

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#12  Edited By Jazz

@Animasta said:

@BraveToaster said:

@StrikeALight said:

@Animasta said:

@StrikeALight said:

It was released less than 2 months ago, so I'll take that as an indicator, especially after playing the atrocity that is 13.

I didn't like 13 either actually

also I'm pretty sure Nier, my favoritest game of all time, got a super large price drop pretty quickly

So much this. I loathe 13, but I think 13-2 I actually a damn fine game. It's just a shame that 13 came out before it and some of the 'emo-writing' rubbed off on it. They really need to move beyond the teenager demographic that they seem to be 'trying' to see it to. Kingdom Hearts kinda covers that base by itself and is annoying enough.

Also Nier is one of the greatest games of all time...in so many ways.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

Final Fantasy XIII-2 thread filled with hyperbole and people still complaining about the first one? Who'd have thought.

FFXIII was not a terrible atrocity. It's fine if you didn't like it, but don't ignore everyone that did as though they're crazy.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan

I wonder what the sales numbers are, because that is rather quick.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel: you talk about 13 as though it's a good game that gets a bad rap or something... game has a large list of problems, 13-2 largely fixed those problems, and was a good game as a result. but due to 13 not being as good as most people hoped (or expected) it would be, 13-2 gets shit on because of it.

There is no reason why 13 should have a higher metacritic rating than 13-2 except for FF13 hype that was, on retrospect, pretty undeserved.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hunkulese

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit dropped $20 after a week and that game was pretty good.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

They should just start releasing everything except the major AAA titles for $40. They might sell more right out of the door.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Animasta: I think it is a good game that gets a bad rap. Very good in fact, better then 13-2. Not everyone dislikes it.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@believer258 said:

They should just start releasing everything except the major AAA titles for $40. They might sell more right out of the door.

there's some effect that has that's undesirable though. It decreases the perceived value of the item and actually can DECREASE sales. Here's an example but with wine

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Animasta: I think it is a good game that gets a bad rap. Very good in fact, better then 13-2. Not everyone dislikes it.

I never said everyone though, I said most

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
    @Animasta

@Hailinel: you talk about 13 as though it's a good game that gets a bad rap or something... game has a large list of problems, 13-2 largely fixed those problems, and was a good game as a result. but due to 13 not being as good as most people hoped (or expected) it would be, 13-2 gets shit on because of it.

There is no reason why 13 should have a higher metacritic rating than 13-2 except for FF13 hype that was, on retrospect, pretty undeserved.

Is FFXIII perfect? No. Do I think it's a great game that I enjoyed from start to finish? Yes. Saying FFXIII is a bad game as though it's indisputable fact is ridiculous.
    kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kindgineer

@Hailinel said:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 thread filled with hyperbole and people still complaining about the first one? Who'd have thought. FFXIII was not a terrible atrocity. It's fine if you didn't like it, but don't ignore everyone that did as though they're crazy.

Exactly what I was thinking reading the inane posts in this thread.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#23  Edited By UltorOscariot

Ties to a widely disliked title, combined with a clear intent to sell you the game's definitive ending via DLC has hurt the game's sales. Who knew

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta

Is FFXIII perfect? No. Do I think it's a great game that I enjoyed from start to finish? Yes. Saying FFXIII is a bad game as though it's indisputable fact is ridiculous.

then are you going to deny that the negativity that 13 spawned gave 13-2 a worse rap than it deserved? think it great or not, 13 definitely soured a lot of people on the franchise in general.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#25  Edited By jacksukeru

FFXIII ended up as one of those games I sorta, really enjoyed when I played it, but one that I still stopped playing and found it hard to go back to.

This happens to me a lot with long RPGs, most recently Xenoblade, and it's kind of annoying because I do really want to finish them.

Either way I can't see myself even thinking about getting 13-2 without finishing the first game first. It's part completionist attitude, part me thinking "I don't need another game I won't finish if I won't ever finish this one".

Also, Hope is my favorite character.

horrifying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By horrifying

I personally think it makes more sense to drop price sooner rather than later; You get some of the holdouts before too much time passes, and maybe curb used sales a little. The longer you wait to drop the price, the higher chance of people having moved on to other games/not buying at all. All I know is $60 is pretty hard to swallow these days.

Also not surprised at all about the hate 13-2 got. 13 was pretty ill-received, THEN instead of moving onto Versus like everyone expected, they pull a sequel to it outta nowhere and piss everyone off again.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pw2566ch

You're talking about online stores. Usually they can drop prices as much as retail stores can. I'd say the quickest price drop I've seen is Portal 2. Within a year that game dropped to $20. Not only that, Valve still put the game on sale at 50% off.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Grissefar

@pw2566ch said:

You're talking about online stores. Usually they can drop prices as much as retail stores can. I'd say the quickest price drop I've seen is Portal 2. Within a year that game dropped to $20. Not only that, Valve still put the game on sale at 50% off.

Maybe you should put your glasses on and read my post again, buddy - it's only three lines long.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Vorbis

Picked it up for £6 during the GAME "Spring Sale". I expect all the DLC will make up the difference.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hailinel
    @Animasta Both FFXIII and XIII-2 got a bad rap. That the sequel got a worse one supposedly is hard to measure straight up because for all their similarities, they're very different games with different expectations placed upon them.
    pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pw2566ch

@Grissefar said:

@pw2566ch said:

Maybe you should put your glasses on and read my post again, buddy - it's only three lines long.

Oops. Only read the first line. Anyway, settle down. I wasn't shitting on your post. Damn, bitches be crazy on the internet.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By FancySoapsMan

call me crazy but I thought FFXIII was better than XIII-2 

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By toowalrus

It's alright- I don't regret paying full price for it- I got a good 24 hours of entertainment out of it... well, maybe 'entertainment' isn't the right word, but I played through the whole thing. It's OK.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wjb

Playing FFXIII-2 right now and it's not bad, but these days, I assume anyone that wants a FF game or JRPG gets it within the first month. I bet sales dropped off this month compared to February.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DragoonKain1687

@BraveToaster said:

@StrikeALight said:

@Animasta said:

@StrikeALight said:

XIII-2 is an amazing game. Much better than XIII in almost every aspect. Only downside is that Serah is stupid and annoying, so XIII got the upper hand by having her silent as a crystal.

Noel is a really great addition, the character even has some moments that are way above current standards. Just to mention 1 moment, a little talk he has with Snow.

The game also has a lot of sidetracking, lots of sidemissions, the linear structure was completely cut, and now you can move freely almost 100% of the time. There is a lot of things to do. In fact, its more FF than FF X for example.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xyzygy

I'm contemplating getting this, but I want to wait until they release a "Complete" edition with all the DLC. I don't know what to do.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Hailinel said:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 thread filled with hyperbole and people still complaining about the first one? Who'd have thought. FFXIII was not a terrible atrocity. It's fine if you didn't like it, but don't ignore everyone that did as though they're crazy.

LOL

Don't worry because Bioware will save them!

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Grissefar

@pw2566ch said:

@Grissefar said:

@pw2566ch said:

Oops. Only read the first line. Anyway, settle down. I wasn't shitting on your post. Damn, bitches be crazy on the internet.

No problem, mahn. I guess you just really pissed me off there. Ha! Ha!

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By topsteer

@Hunkulese said:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit dropped $20 after a week and that game was pretty good.

Exactly. Almost all games drop in price pretty quickly now. This has nothing to do with the quality of the game or how much it sold.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By phantomzxro

@Hailinel said:

true but on the flip side you can't blame a large amount of people from disliking 13 because it made the same reboot mistake of taking way too many good factors of the older final fantasy games out. While not adding much to the table other than a somewhat fun combat and pretty graphics. Does it get a bad rap sure because i don't think 13 or 13-2 are bad games per say. Just not what fans expected from a final fantasy game. Hey my favorite in the series is 8 and that game gets it fair share of lumps just because it will always be compared to 7.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By drac96

@DragoonKain1687 said:

The game also has a lot of sidetracking, lots of sidemissions, the linear structure was completely cut, and now you can move freely almost 100% of the time. There is a lot of things to do. In fact, its more FF than FF X for example.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that statement. Final Fantasy X has way more content than Final Fantasy XIII-2. I completed almost everything in XIII-2 in around 60 hours. In FFX that amount of time wouldn't get me anywhere near completing everything in the game.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @TopSteer said:

@Hunkulese said:

Exactly. Almost all games drop in price pretty quickly now. This has nothing to do with the quality of the game or how much it sold.

Yepppppp. This is just how games work nowadays. Take for example our good friend SSX could already get it from Amazon for $40 if I wanted, despite it not even being out for a full month. More and more games are going this route, and nothing is immune after a few months.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By musubi

Is everyone in here insane? Final Fantasy XIII-2 was the 2nd best selling game of Febuary. It was hardly a flop sales wise.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Demoskinos said:

Is everyone in here insane? Final Fantasy XIII-2 was the 2nd best selling game of Febuary. It was hardly a flop sales wise.

BUT IF I DON'T LIKE IT IT MEANS IT DIDN'T SELL WELL. 

Though, it did sell less than the original (unsurprising) from what people could make of the NPDs but given that Square spent like $10 on production for the game and the DLC is constantly top selling stuff on PSN they are probably laughing all the way to the bank or some nonsense.
    Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Animasta: i found nier for 14 dollars about 2 months after it came out :[

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@SeriouslyNow: i have to admit that looks amazing in a terrible way

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By musubi

@Zenaxzd said:

@Demoskinos said:

BUT IF I DON'T LIKE IT IT MEANS IT DIDN'T SELL WELL. Though, it did sell less than the original (unsurprising) from what people could make of the NPDs but given that Square spent like $10 on production for the game and the DLC is constantly top selling stuff on PSN they are probably are laughing all the way to the bank or some nonsense.

Exactly this. Its selling and the DLC is selling. They probally dropped the price to help spur more sales which is smart. You got your inital torrent of die hard fans that bought near launch day now you drop the price and get the people that are on the fence about it then possibly sell them DLC along the way.

connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Zenaxzd: remember that game versus 13?

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vexxan

@Animasta said:

@Sooty said:

nah, at this point it's gonna be another game

Indeed, been a few DLC packages now and none of them have really been of value to the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.