Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VI

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 02, 1994

Formerly known as Final Fantasy III in North America, Final Fantasy VI follows a diverse group of heroes as they fight to defeat Kefka, a megalomaniac intent on using a combination of long-lost magic and technology to take over the world.

The best Final Fantasy ever made!

• 61 results
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Karl_Boss

Did this really need to be bumped?

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Orbitz89

I hear a lot of people say FF6 is their all time favourite Final Fantasy, and to that i would say it certainly looks the coolest to me.. I've never played it myself. I've actually only tried to play FF7, 8, and 10 if I remember right. I didn't think any of them were bad, in fact i thought they were all masterfully made from the standpoint of what makes a quality video game.. I just never could get into the series because my brain doesn't function properly when i'm asked to play turn based RPG's. I'm kind of a meat head.. I'm not good at thinking of what I should do when playing a game, I just act.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Shady

You misspelled Tactics.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Justin258

@EPGPX said:

This is the first RPG game I had ever experienced. It's one of the best out there. No other RPG can compete. This game has it all from the cool locations, bosses, enemies, humor, kung fu, characters like Shadow and the coolest villain ever, Kefka. The story is good and its typical villain wants to rule the world and kill those who stand in his way. This game is also the last RPG game I played. Sadly, that is the truth.

...you didn't play Chrono Trigger? Granted, you might not love it as much but you really need to play it if you loved this game.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mandude

@probablytuna said:

Why are there so many Final Fantasy threads all of a sudden?

Theatrhythm, the Playstation Era games are on sale on PSN and talks of FFVII coming to Steam, I'd say.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Max_Cherry

FF6 is overrated. FF7 is much better.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57  Edited By Levio

ocarina of time was the best final fantasy, hands down. the series went downhill from there

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Hunter5024

Why does it always have to be "This one is better than the others" and "That one is not as good as the rest." They're so different that I think it's pretty obvious that it comes down to personal preferance. My favorite Final Fantasy's are VI VII and VIII. I think that's when they were at the top of their game.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By xyzygy

To be honest I still think XIII is the best. The ratio of good:bad characters is great (Fang, Lightning, Sazh, Vanille, Barthandelus, and Hope even grew to become good - Snow was TERRIBLE though), the setting is awesome and the combat is by FAR the best in the series. The music is also fucking phenomenal.

I'm currently playing through XIII-2 right now and am loving the shit out of it though, maybe even more so than XIII... so far. Serah and Noel are really great characters that manage to evade a lot of RPG tropes, especially Serah. Such a developed character I find.

@AnonymousLegion said:

Yeah, FF 6 is great. Real great. So is 7.8, though, is a cut above any RPG I ever played. Most people won't agree, but if you have an ounce of brainpower to master the Junction system, it's really a step above.

I agree, the Juction System is probably the best "system" of all the Final Fantasies. I think I like it more than the Paradigm system, but there just seems to be more to XIII for me in addition to the systems. I think the whole deciding when to level thing from them Junction System kind of was a massive flaw, but Junction had and still has so much potential. I flew through FFVIII because I was able to keep everyone at extremely low levels and TBH it kind of broke the game for me, regardless of how amazing everything in it was. Still love FFVIII though, it's up there with XIII.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#60  Edited By Slag

@Video_Game_King said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Yea, its the best Final Fantasy I've played. Final Fantasy VII is overrated. Not to say its bad (unless we speak of the game up until the motorcycle chase :P), but its not as stellar as people make it out to be.

Hey! Past me.....you're alright. Keep doing what you do.

Past you speaks the truth.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By moywar700

@Hunter5024 said:

Why does it always have to be "This one is better than the others" and "That one is not as good as the rest." They're so different that I think it's pretty obvious that it comes down to personal preferance. My favorite Final Fantasy's are VI VII and VIII. I think that's when they were at the top of their game.

Rules of the internet, You can't discuses FF without saying which one is better than the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.