Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 5

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Mar 27, 2018

The fifth main entry in the open-world series, this time set in Montana. The protagonist must free Hope County from the cult known as Eden’s Gate, led by cult leader Joseph Seed.

I'm from Montana and I need to set the record straight.

• 144 results
    Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#102  Edited By DarkbeatDK

I'm just happy that this series is coming back. After the reboots of Doom and Wolfenstein, it was just a matter of time before we got a reboot of this beloved series.

No Caption Provided

Now we just wait patiently for reboots of Blood and No One Lives Forever.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i gotta say, that key art is super intriguing. AND uncharacteristically ballsy for a multinational such as ubisoft.

this might be the first far cry i try out!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

This is not what I expected but now that I see it...

Good work. This needed to be said.

Oh and I drove through Montana once. Not bad. I expect to see colorful canyons in this game.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great. The montana militia.

Well this game just got got weird.

I'll just fill you all in. This game is probably going to be set in a city called Lincoln, Montana. It's where the fbi captured Ted Kazinski (spelling?)

My guess is you're going to be a cable repair guy who works for a company called Linctel and you are dispatched to a community up in the hills because the Internet went down and these militia guys can't get Internet to monitor their cameras that they have in the trees. A plane is going to fly over and a rocket will blow it up. Start of the game.

Just so you are aware this is nothing special if you work at Linctel. It's just a tuesday.

Spoilers. I'm sorry

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#106  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@upperdecker: Lincoln was the first town that came to my mind too. It'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't pull a character or two from the religious crazies near Gardiner too, or maybe make a Ted Turner-esque land owner.

Edit: Just noticed the "sinner" part on that guy's back. Definitely getting some of the religious nuttiness here. Sweet.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: just as long as they don't make everybody think we eat huckleberries I'm going to enjoy this.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By Cirdain

@upperdecker: Do you think that might be a Huckleberry Pie on the far left of the table in the image? Sorry if someone already asked.

No Caption Provided

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cirdain: Oh man, what if the huckleberry pie is the real villain of the game?

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cirdain: Oh man, what if the huckleberry pie is the real villain of the game?

i mean that montana dire wolf is clearly eying up the pie and not the t-bone.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rccola said:

Well, I'm from Montana and I have huckleberries on everything. Also Butte is a fine town.

And the best part of the mammalian body, to boot!

Johnny_Sailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I liked reddit's description of the game:

"in Far Cry 5, the player is out in control of Tashfeen al Rizwan Mohammed, a female transgender Muslim and the first playable female character in the Far Cry series. While visiting her girlfriend, Tashfeen finds herself captive by a racist fundamentalist right wing Christian organization led by Ronald Grump, the games main antagonist."

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lmao that's so Huckleberry pie. forget the Nazi's this is the real damage to Montana right here.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By cerberus3dog

@sparky_buzzsaw: Haha my bad, can't say I've been to Montana. I just remember an Reddit AMA of a Montana farmer saying his property was completely flat with no hills and he had only one tree on his entire property.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116  Edited By notnert427

EDIT: Moved my post about tone of the game into more appropriate thread. Please resume huckleberry discussion.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@cerberus3dog: That sounds very much like eastern Montana. It's nothing but half a zillion miles of wheatgrass and despair. I set a fictional city out there because you could drop Los Angeles snd its suburbs in eastern Montana and it would still be a desolate hellhole,

But at least it's not "our state looks like a teenager's zits" Wyoming. God, I hate driving through Wyoming.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think its pretty bizarre that the OP thinks people in his state are so inhospitable to out-of-towners that they would poison them for ordering a dish.

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look now, I've eaten at the Huckleberry Patch restaurant in St. Regis many times on road trips with no problems. But I'm also not sure they served any actual huckleberries. Now you've got me craving them. They're so good. I love them more than blueberries. I want some huckleberry syrup on pancakes. Dammit.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok Ok OK.

I feel it's time to clear the air. I want this game to be aweosme, but I just want to let people know, if Huckleberries are in it, there is some government level conspiracy shit going on. I encourage everyone to come to Montana, it's a beautiful state. Come up and shoot a deer and take it home and hang that head on your wall and tell all your friends of how you slayed the savage beast!

All i'm trying to say is, come to Montana, and go into a Montana Made Shop, and you will see HUNDREDS of huckleberry items. Now here's where it gets tricky. If you ask the person, "What does this huckleberry candy bar taste like?" They will instantly get sweaty and nervous and look towards a person in the store who will come up to you and say, "It's time to leave M'am." Even if you are a Sir!

Then the last thing you remember is opening the door, and BLACKOUT! You wake up alongside the road and stand up, and you are wearing a shirt that says, "WELCOME TO MONTANA! EAT ALL THE HUCKLEBERRIES YOU WANT! IT'S WHAT THE STATE IS MADE OF!"

Out of staters will pick you up on their way to Old Faithful and you will be trying to remember how you got there. Next thing you know you are walking like a zombie in a crowd of hundreds, nay, thousands chanting, "Huckleberry King. Huckleberry King. Please honor us with your presence." About that time a smoke grenade goes off and a small man with a huge staff appears in the middle holding a bucket of Huckleberries. At this point you are in too deep. You shovel them in your mouth.

Next thing you know, you are in that Montana Made store selling huckleberry candy bars and getting nervous when the next person asks you how good they are.

That's what i'm scared of.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#122  Edited By Brendan

Given that Montana is the Huckleberry State (go Hucks!) what do you duders think the soundtrack to lighting up a huckleberry field will be in this game?

Feel free to leave submissions below

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This topic is obviously berry important to him.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan: I'm 99% confident you work for the inside guys. Montana is the Big Sky State, not the Huckleberry State!

Avatar image for securityguruguy
    SecurityGuruGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@upperdecker I was afraid this was going to be a thread about how there aren't enough huckleberries in the picture...horrified that it is a thread about the opposite.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I long for the good old days when Montana was known mostly for huckleberries rather than thuggish politicians beating up reporters.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You know I look at this image and all I think is "Man, I really hope they include some sort of huckleberry scratch and sniff sticker" because without the ever present scent of huckleberries I'm just not sure I can take this story seriously. But then I start thinking about the fact that we increasingly live in a digital delivery age and a shudder to think that the vast majority of gamers will miss out on an essential element of the Montana experience.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I long for the good old days when Montana was known mostly for huckleberries rather than thuggish politicians beating up reporters.

Damn you! I was rushing to this thread to say roughly the same thing. I will add the Unabomber and Ted Turner to the list as well.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It says entirely too much about me that the first think this picture made me think of is some wierd wrestling/game of thrones crossover featuring Erik Rowan, Daniel Bryan, Khal Drogo, CM Punk, Chris Hero, Shamus, Margery Tyrell and Ghost the Direwolf. Guy at the bottom, in what appear to be jorts and wrist bands is clearly John Cena

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cujoprime: If by shithole you mean not corrupted land, hundreds of miles of do whatever the fuck you want, incredibly low crime, and not polluted air then sure it's a shithole. Although, I love the common misconceptions, we have great internet, cell phone signal just about everywhere, and the snow isn't really that bad most years.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebellion91: I doubt you'll get much traction 'round here. How are the land prices anywhere worth actually living in Montana? Does Huckleberry adjacency influence property prices?

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opusofthemagnum: This comment was actually about Wyoming. The only thing I know about Huckleberries is we get Huckleberry vodka that is pretty good with lemonade.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: Wyoming is an even bigger shit hole than Montana. But I will not abide someone bad mouthing the jackalope. The jackalope is the only good and pure lie left to believe in. I don't subscribe to santa, the easter bunny or a god. But the jackalope is the only thing left in this world that is good and pure.

What about Cujo? Clearly you respect him as well... oh wait... oh no... is he... A JACKALOPE?!

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the previous FC games (a lot, but mainly just due to my love of sandbox open world FPS gameplay with tons of neat options), and really liked the villains - especially from FC3 (though what's-his-face should have been the main "boss", not taken out of the story midway through and replaced with "General El Genérico")... but none of the stories were THAT great beyond some cool characters and locations, and some parts.

However, this one looks promising... I think I'd prefer to "virtual murder" violent religious/nationalist/racist extremists even more than Nazis! Cause they're like Nazi's, but even nuttier, and have a lot more choice involved in being (or choosing to be) the way they are than most Nazi's did under Hitler's reign! Not all of course, nothing is black and white.

I have no problem with people who respect Confederates, or supported Trump... they are still good people, mostly, like anyone... Mislead at worst, usually, and the Confederates were a lot more complex than people give them credit for - the vast majority were not slave owners, they were protecting their homes and communities from Northern federal invaders, in their minds.

But the violent, brainwashing, torturing zealots (i'm looking at you Scientology [leadership]... and some of the Christians/Muslims/Jews who justify their sadism with religion - throughout history at least!)... oh boy that'll add some fun!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

This thread really just taught me that people actually live in Montana! Weird. I always thought Montana was just an Arby's sandwich.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#137  Edited By Cirdain

@upperdecker: They're probably gonna be selling or giving out Huckleberry stuff at the Far Cry 5 E3 booth. That's seems like a obvious marketing thing.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread really just taught me that people actually live in Montana! Weird. I always thought Montana was just an Arby's sandwich.

A fact few people know about is that the name of the state comes from the Arby's sandwich of the same name, the Arby's Big Montana Roast Beef Sandwich.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

As someone who spent most of my childhood in Idaho, I can certainly echo this vast and grand Huckleberry conspiracy. They're a trap for tourists on their way to Yellowstone but no one who actually lives there eats them.

Okay, actually Huckleberry Ice Cream is pretty great. Don't tell anyone I said that.

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebellion91: Wyoming isn't the worst place in the world (or even U.S.) for that matter. I've raised a family here for seven years, and really the worst thing I can say about it is that Wyoming is decidedly "closed minded", to use a gentle term. This of course is a blanket statement does not apply absolutely everyone here. There are plenty of good and open people here. But as a day-to-day experience it can be quite claustrophobic ideologically.

Also, there is only one month of green scenery. If the prairie looked the way it does right now all summer it would be great!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: You know, I've lived in Idaho my whole life so far, and I don't think I've ever had anything Huckleberry. I'm not even sure I've seen products of it. Or maybe I just don't pay attention.

Granted I've only really ever been in the lower West part of the state aside from occasional trips for events.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I can't wait for the mission where you have to set a field of Huckleberries ablaze and get high from the result.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@upperdecker: Do you mind if I start calling you The Huckleberry Kid?
    I'm gonna start calling you The Huckleberry Kid.
    Fine day in Huckleberry Montana innit Huckleberry kid?

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Isn't the capital of Montana Huckleberry?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.