Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Fallout: New Vegas Gets Patched On 360, PS3

• 110 results
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

It takes a lot of patience to cross the wastelands of Fallout: New Vegas, but that's mainly because the game is kind of buggy. Radscorpions and such aren't as much of a threat as getting stuck in a mountain is, it seems. The good news is that Bethesda wants to make the game right (or stable) post launch. That initial PC patch that hit last week, for example, has wormed its way through certification channels and is now available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the Fallout 3 follow-up. The bad news is that the game is still somewhat messed up, according to user reports on the game's forums

No Caption Provided

In the forum post announcing the patches' availability, Bethesda neglected to again get into specifics about what it fixed. We do know, though, that the patch contains 200 "quest and scripting" fixes. So, no wonder people are still freezing in VATS, watching scribes write on invisible walls, dealing with frame rate drops, fighting enemies who that can swim in sand, and cursing at corrupted save files.

Last week, Pete Hines told us Bethesda was working on more than one patch for the game, which is great because New Vegas still seems like it needs the help. Are you still getting problems post-patch?
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

It takes a lot of patience to cross the wastelands of Fallout: New Vegas, but that's mainly because the game is kind of buggy. Radscorpions and such aren't as much of a threat as getting stuck in a mountain is, it seems. The good news is that Bethesda wants to make the game right (or stable) post launch. That initial PC patch that hit last week, for example, has wormed its way through certification channels and is now available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the Fallout 3 follow-up. The bad news is that the game is still somewhat messed up, according to user reports on the game's forums

No Caption Provided

In the forum post announcing the patches' availability, Bethesda neglected to again get into specifics about what it fixed. We do know, though, that the patch contains 200 "quest and scripting" fixes. So, no wonder people are still freezing in VATS, watching scribes write on invisible walls, dealing with frame rate drops, fighting enemies who that can swim in sand, and cursing at corrupted save files.

Last week, Pete Hines told us Bethesda was working on more than one patch for the game, which is great because New Vegas still seems like it needs the help. Are you still getting problems post-patch?
    dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dr_pineapple

finally

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By myslead

the game was alright...

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mrskidders

I love this game but I would love it more if they had spent a few extra weeks knocking the jank out of it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

anyone know where to find a Chinese AK in the Mojave?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

Cool.  I haven't had any problems with the game yet, but it's good to know that a patch is available.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Vorbis

Didn't fix the Veronica bug, she's still the only companion who never levels beyond lvl 12. Weird that that's the only bug I really want fixed, but it's a real pain having her die all on the time.

ExcessDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ExcessDan

Is this a report for the 360 patch that came out I think last Friday or is this a new one for today?  There's no mention of the 360 title update from last week.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9  Edited By Sin4profit

Steam just Dled somethin for Fallout NV today as well

Freqtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Freqtal

Played through the game (on PC) doing almost every sidequests I could find, and didn't come across any annoying or gamebreaking bugs (finished main story at level 29). Boone did hear voices in his head once, thinking I was talking to him when I wasn't, after he got angry at me for dealing with the Legion, but the patch fixed that.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By floodiastus

totally hate the brown coloring this game has. Fallout 3 had a much smoother sci-fi style to it

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IBurningStar

Good. Looks like I can go buy the game now.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By turboman

maybe it will fix the random freezes when I talk to people... that's the only problem I've found so far.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deusx

I like the game, I had fun playin it but yeah... it´s really broken. What bothers me the most is the framerate. I have a very capable pc but Fallout somehow manages to get some low fps from time to time wich bothers me so much. I want to enjoy my game without feeling like my screen is going crazy.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McGhee

The only problems I've had are with my own character. You know when you look over something that is close to you like a high wall how your arms and gun will lift like you are aiming over it? Well my character just does that randomly, sometimes a lot and sometimes not at all. Also, when I crouch with a weapon drawn, sometimes my gun will dissapear from view. You can still use it. It's just invisible. 
    The thing is that I downloaded a 360 update quite a few days ago. Was that this or is this patch something new?

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Cramsy
    @Vorbis said:
    " Didn't fix the Veronica bug, she's still the only companion who never levels beyond lvl 12. Weird that that's the only bug I really want fixed, but it's a real pain having her die all on the time. "
    is that why she's stuck at max 215 hp! god thats annoying 
    OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By OldManLight

Anyone playijng pc version? How is that one post patch?

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#19  Edited By metalsnakezero

I only had a few lock ups when talking to a trader in the NCR post at the south west of the map.

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20  Edited By mrnivek

Good, maybe I will pick the game back up and play it again.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Deusx said:
    " I like the game, I had fun playin it but yeah... it´s really broken. What bothers me the most is the framerate. I have a very capable pc but Fallout somehow manages to get some low fps from time to time wich bothers me so much. I want to enjoy my game without feeling like my screen is going crazy. "
    Same. Even running with out AA, the game ran about as well as Crysis at Ultra and 4x AA. It also seems to introduce input lag depending on how bad the performance is. For example I used 24x Super sampling through Catalyst and the lag was dreadful, but at low settings, the game felt almost TOO responsive after being used to it before. 

I also lost a save completely because I could move, and had no HUD, and I couldn't find a fix anywhere so I ended up having to restart. Never could quite get the look right on my replacement character though, sadly. Hopefully this game will actually start working sometime.
    heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By heat

How thoughtful of them

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nekroskop

But not on PC. Goddamit. I had to fix this game myself and there's still alot of bugs for them to fix.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Funkydupe

Great game! Some of the bugs you can shoot, others, you'll have to endure. :)

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FritzDude

This is old. It camed out on both PC and 360 the 22nd of October. This must be for the PS3. So basically all platforms got the first patch by now. Crossing fingers for a new patch soon that will fix the freakin' crashes.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Still haven't seen any glitches or problems.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aetheldod

Playing right now .... had a couple of crahse first day , yesterday none but I dunno if I got the patch or not ... but heck this is one great game  ( altho im making an extra save in a memory card to prevent the save corruption glitch ... I hope I dont get it )

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By turbo_toaster

Had a hard-lock a little while after today's update.

vasylkoB317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vasylkoB317

just lipsynching issues. Like one line lips don't move, the next line they do. 

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By balrogsbain

I'm 30 hours in and as of yet I have had just two things happen and that was my x box freezing , don't know if it was the game or the xbox just weird that some people  have had bugs and glitches and some people haven't

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Afroman269

1 down, 199 patches to go.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Andheez

Im playing PC, $700 laptop, and it defaulted to Extremely High Detail.  Ive had no hangups or even REAL jank, just some minor nit picky jank.  Mostly characters 'interacting' with things they clearly arent touching.  Other than that though, pretty solid, ohh and this game is WAY better on PC, I played 3 on xbox and there is no comparison.

GrumpyTheDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GrumpyTheDorf

I've got the problem where the entire game freezes when I hit the VATS button. I have to restart my console every time. I'm just playing it now after deleting my cache and not playing on Live. Thanks Bethesda, this patch really helped. 

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By leebmx
    @BradNicholson:  I am guessing this is the patch which hit the 360 late last week? I have seen no sign of anything else since that update. Also the quote   "quest and scripting issues" is what they said about the 360 patch which arrived shortly after release which makes me wonder.   
    Are you saying this is the second 360 patch, because I received an update on my second (I think) play last Thur or Fri and there have been no updates since then (I am playing the game now so would have received anything released in the last couple of days.) 
     Bit confused.......
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f3406f2965d8
    deactivated-5f3406f2965d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patch on PS3 appears to have broken my VATS system.  Post patch today I am unable to even access the VATS mode.  The button simple does nothing, I at least dont have the lockup problem I guess???

Failure!!!

KillerElDiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KillerElDiablo

Think I might still wait to finally delve into Vegas...then again I still haven't finished 3 yet either.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I haven't really experienced any really bad bugs yet. The frame rate does occasionally drop and my arms holding my gun will jerk up every once in awhile. 

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#38  Edited By rargy

No problems here.  Never had any with Fallout 3 either.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By aurahack

99 New Vegas bugs on the wall, 99 New Vegas bugs! You patch one down, send right out...

... 98 New Vegas bugs on the wall!

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ArchScabby

I've played for more then 24 hours and have had no serious bugs.  The internet overreacts once again.

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nemt

Uh 

the patch came out a week ago dude
    nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nemt
    @ArchScabby:
    I'm glad you've had only a  good experience with the game.  You are in the minority, though.   
    Many players have encountered game breaking bugs including but not limited to: 
    corrupt saves, inaccessible areas, disappearing quest items and NPCs, etc. 

The internet hasn't overreacted.  Bethesda is selling a product they know doesn't work right. 

EDIT: and this is all post patch, the patch primarily addressed XP and money related exploits and some quest scripting
    Avatar image for deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c
    deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got this update for the 360 about a week ago. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By jakob187
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " Still haven't seen any glitches or problems. "
    I haven't seen more than two bugs myself in the game, and it's sad to hear that so many others are having issues.  I wish them all the best of luck, as this game is A-MAZ-ING!
    Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sharpshooter

I'll admit played and enjoyed Fallout 3, when it worked. So I pre-ordered New Vegas and I was looking forward to playing it last weekend. However I ain't picking up that shit till Bethesda and Obsidian get their fucking act together. I'm sorry two years and still the same bugs. That is unacceptable. 

I don't care how compelling the narrative is or how much fun it is to rip shit up in post apocalyptic Las Vegas, broken is broken. I don't know what the law is in the U.S. but here in Ireland the law clearly states that any product must be "of merchantable quality" and "fit for its purpose" and judging from all the online talk New Vegas is neither.  

I know one person not buying New Vegas isn't going to make a difference but I would hope more people put off buying the game. As long as we keep buying games in this state publishers will continue to release games in this state.  I don't know about you but when I put a game into my PS3 or 360 on launch day I expect it to work without the need for a patch stop it from crashing every hour.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By 234r2we232

Again... Kind of buggy??? What could Bethesda possibly be paying Giant Bomb? Hopefully more than just a fruit basket.

This game is crippled by a multitude of bugs. When one of the most common problems is of losing save files, due to either corruption or being trapped by the game. Well, that doesn't sound like fun to me. There are even many problems returning from Fallout 3 that were patched in that release. How does that even happen?

But people seem to be okay with it. Which says a lot about the game and its story. I guess people are okay with recycling of an old engine with only minor updates to the mechanics :). So long as it's not a Call of Duty game, right.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @jakob187:  Yeah, it really is. Definitely one of the best games of the year, I think. It's everything I hoped it would be.
    dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dvorak

The only reason I haven't been playing this every day since it came out is because honestly every hour or so I ran into a new game breaking bug. Either it was crashing every time I used VATS, or when I would enter certain towns. I just got so pissed off with having to avoid doing certain things, or face a lockup that I just decided to hold off for a few patches. I played for like 20 hours, and there's no way I'm just going to not use VATS ever again, that's stupid. 

This is on 360 and PC. 

Even Bethesda wouldn't have shipped a game like this. This isn't just open world jank, it's terrible QA.

Jinto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jinto

Have they fixed the problem with all the damn invisible walls? Or rather was that intentional? Fallout 3 never had so many damn invisible walls for me to scream at.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.