Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

Demo = Poop

• 66 results
    Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Flaboere

Just tried the Steam demo. This has to have to worst controls I've ever tried. It's incredible how BAD they managed to port them, from what now seems obvious is a console product. It surprised me, because I wasn't under the impression that this was developed primarily for consoles. Really sad, I was hoping to play this online with my girlfriend!

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By andrewf87462

Was going to download the demo, just thought i'd check out the forum for this before I do, glad i did now, as I really can't stand games where you can't move and attack at the same time. I'm probably gonna get attacked for this but I really hated the Resi Evil games purely because of the crappy control system. Some people loved it, some people hated it.
    sheira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By sheira

PC demo = bad.

Awkward controls and camera angles.

Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Taklulas
    @sheira said:
    PC demo = bad.  Awkward controls and camera angles.
    Use a gamepad? I know I did.
    sheira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By sheira

I dont have one. I'd play on console if i wanted to play on gamepad.

xiaolinstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By xiaolinstyle

I was very hyped about this game. After playing the demo and lurking on the Obsidian forums. I wouldnt ask Jack Thompson to cry wolf over this game for fear he might buy a copy.  

Obsidian has made the worst possible design choice they could  come up with. They took a dungeon crawler and focused on single player content at the EXCLUSION of multiplayer. You are a henchman if you are not host. ALL data is saved to the host. You will never be able to bring your single player toon into another persons game. There is no new game +.  They basically took the DS/Diablo/Sacred  format and made a Final Fantasy game, and NO the story is not interesting.  

EPIC disappointment.
    ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By ericdrum

@sheira said:

I dont have one. I'd play on console if i wanted to play on gamepad.

That's a messed up way of thinking, right there.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By FightMeNerd

@xiaolinstyle:

You can't carry over your character to multiplayer?! Fuck. I have it reserved but i guess ill wait until it's cheap before picking it up. It's like Hardcore Uprising all over again.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By TheMustacheHero

See, the problem with Dungeon Siege 3 isn't that you can't attack and move.  It's that not being able to attack and move pretty much makes the game hard as shit and you die all the time.

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By ribeye

agree, the demo un-sold me, which is kinda too bad i was looking forward to this game. it looks great and i like that you can swing the camera all around, but the combat seemed a little stiff and the voice actors sound emotionless and isolated, not into it at all really, just people in sound booths reading lines. all in all it didn't sell me, and the xbox button prompts on a PC demo was the final nail, come on man, that's just lazy.

cancelling my pre-order and going to pick up infamous 2 instead

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By RadixNegative2

Yep, another average Obsidian game. It's very sad because I was really looking forward to this game. I also quite enjoyed the artwork and music in the demo, but the gameplay, controls, and overall production is just lacking. I really wanted to pre-order the game too so I could finally get to play through the older games, but I guess that won't be happening.

On that note, why the hell are those older games so damn expensive on Amazon AND not available to buy separately through steam? I Guess Obisidian/Square are using them as bait for the pre-order of the new game.

rawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By rawr

For me this was a horrible demo because I actually enjoyed Dungeon Siege II and was hoping for character creation to that level. Instead we get two set characters in a horribly generic setting without the customization options to offset it.

I have no idea who this game is marketed to but it isn't Dungeon Siege II fans. Or maybe I am a lame PC gamer still wanting a new Baldur's Gate II.

Okay here it is without the venom and hyperbole: This game is so mediocre and vanilla it should be sold in the bargain bins at Walmart.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By mak_wikus

My Steam is downloading 750MB update for the demo. Anyone knows what it's for?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By Enigma777

@JazzyJeff said:

I was hyped for this game, but the demo left me disappointed. It's not bad, but it's extremely average. I kind of feel bad for Obsidian, to be honest. They're never going to be seen as a top RPG developer with the flawed games they release. I'm not saying it's their fault, but it is what it is.

It must be really depressing to work there. I wonder why Rorie always brags about it...

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Questionable
    @Enigma777 said:
    You can't move and attack at the same time.   In 2011. Either you move. Or you attack. But never both. Don't play it. 
    Its fine tough the game is balanced around it. If you need to move and attack at teh same time then its time to change to melee/short range stance
    If you could move while casting nobody would ever leave theyr casting stance and just be pew pew pewing through the entire game.

The fights where you have to balance the two stances are the most fun tough admittedly im usually so strong the monsters die before they get close and thats on hard mode, normal must be a complete joke >.< 

On a sidenote, does anyone know how you change your sidekick in singleplayer?
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By valrog

Thread title made me chuckle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.