Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age

Franchise »

Dragon Age is a series of fantasy medieval role-playing games by BioWare. BioWare considers it a spiritual successor to their Baldur's Gate RPG gaming series. It is furthered upon through the creation of comics, books and other forms of media. Truly this is the age of dragons.

I have a few questions.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm asking a couple of questions I probably already know the answer to, but I thought I'd ask just in case. The first is, are all the mission in the journal that say "The Blight" the main story that you just have to do to progress through the game to finish it, and all the others are side quests? My other question is, just in case I don't get all the missions done that are available going through the game, can I go in after the game and keep progressing my character and all the side quests? I really want to finish everything I can before I get the second Dragon Age. I've had this game on PC close to release date and I still haven't gotten around to beating it.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Those are the main game missions. You'll get side missions involving the Blight here and there, the blind paladin one is the only thing I can think of offhand. 

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By unchained
    @NTM said:
    " y other question is, just in case I don't get all the missions done that are available going through the game, can I go in after the game and keep progressing my character and all the side quests?" 
    Some. There are quite a few that cannot be resolved once the main quest is wrapped up. The ones that can, for the most part, are the companion quests and the purchasable DLC. This has been my experience, anyway. 
    Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Yes,everything in Blight missions must be done to finish the game.
     and no,after you beat the game.You can only do DLC you haven't finished.No sidequests.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wouldn't worry too much though, as this is one of those game that is really obvious at letting you know about the point of no return.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @S0ndor said:
    " I wouldn't worry too much though, as this is one of those game that is really obvious at letting you know about the point of no return. "
    Except for Lothering I would say.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Mm, alright. I'm surprised you can't go back into it, though I don't know what the ending is and it may be just set up that way, which I thought may happen, and it's understandable. I'm going to try and finish every little thing in my path before I go on with the main story. If anyone reads the comments this far, I have one more question. How long is this game? I'm already 20 something hours in and I haven't really started the main quests it seems. I'm just going to the Urn of Sacred ashes.  

I had a profile before and I feel like I've done more before, in the same time, though it feels like this time around I'm going faster since I have more experience in it. It's very weird. So, is this game around 40 hours like other RPG's or is it like Mass Effect and should have taken only around the 20 hour mark? The games not that hard, but I didn't expect it to be any longer than Mass Effect, so I wondered what was going on.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog
    @Unchained said:
    " @NTM said:
    " y other question is, just in case I don't get all the missions done that are available going through the game, can I go in after the game and keep progressing my character and all the side quests?" 
    Some. There are quite a few that cannot be resolved once the main quest is wrapped up. The ones that can, for the most part, are the companion quests and the purchasable DLC. This has been my experience, anyway.  "
    Not even for companions. Well, not all of them at least. I know I couldn't do it for Oghren.

@NTM said:
    " How long is this game? I'm already 20 something hours in and I haven't really started the main quests it seems. I'm just going to the Urn of Sacred ashes. "
    You barely even scratched the surface. Did you recruit anyone yet?
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @NTM said:
    " Mm, alright. I'm surprised you can't go back into it, though I don't know what the ending is and it may be just set up that way, which I thought may happen, and it's understandable. I'm going to try and finish every little thing in my path before I go on with the main story. If anyone reads the comments this far, I have one more question. How long is this game? I'm already 20 something hours in and I haven't really started the main quests it seems. I'm just going to the Urn of Sacred ashes.   I had a profile before and I feel like I've done more before, in the same time, though it feels like this time around I'm going faster since I have more experience in it. It's very weird. So, is this game around 40 hours like other RPG's or is it like Mass Effect and should have taken only around the 20 hour mark? The games not that hard, but I didn't expect it to be any longer than Mass Effect, so I wondered what was going on. "
    It varies from person to person.
    Most people would say it's 50 hours plus.
    For first time and if you are doing ALL the sidequests, reading the lore, exploring dialogue, it can reach of upwards of 100 hours for some people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.